Expansion Unlocks Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by gunchou, May 4, 2020.

1. Senior Intern New Member

+1. Two month unlocks feels like the sweet spot at least for the earliest expansions
    Cohhfarmage likes this.
  2. Machen New Member

Surprised that two months hasn't at least been tried once at this point. Surely they notice the dip in population at month 3 on every single 3 month expansion.

Maybe it comes down to the fact that players always still pay their subs on that month even if they don't log in.
  3. a_librarian Augur

3 months stretches the time for the server to reach PoP to approximately a year and sets them up perfectly for the next set of TLP servers. It's probably as much a business decision as it is a gameplay decision by this point.

I think it would be a good experiment next year to launch a single server starting in Kunark with 2 month unlocks for everything pre GoD. Set it up to roughly hit OOW within a year. Oh make it FV loot rules too, thanks
  4. Minpire Augur

2 1/2 Month Expansion Releases
    +3-4 Extra Drops Per AoC Boss
    Epic Mob Drops ( OPENWORLD ) repsawn 30-40% faster???

I have noticed the raid attendance drops off as well
    Crixos and KimchiGoddess like this.
  5. KimchiGoddess Augur

I honestly really like this, make LoY still open right after PoP and change LDoN to one month and it would be perfect imo ;p
  6. Kagey New Member

Great idea. Increase loot and lower too 2 months.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Aradune's Unlock schedule will already have plenty of 2 month expansions.

Mangler's unlock schedule, which Aradune will use, worked like this:

Classic 12 weeks
    Kunark 12 weeks
    Velious 12 Weeks
    Luclin 12 Weeks
    From PoP onwards expansions with a level raise get 12 weeks, those without get 8 weeks.
    PoP 12 weeks
    LDoN 8 Weeks
    GoD 8 weeks
    OoW 12 weeks
    DoN 8 weeks
    DoDH 8 weeks
    PoR 8 weeks
    TSS 12 weeks

etc.
  8. MightyMonkey New Member

2 month expansions and double loot sounds like a winner to me. I've played on 3 TLP's now and see the same pattern every time with raid attendance drop off towards the end as people burn out and part of that burn out is never getting loot. Also by the time you start getting into Kunark you are competing with many other people for the same loot and everyone has a lot of DKP/RA saved up so you realize that even with 3 months you will never actually get your full expansion gear set even if you raid every time which adds to the, " it, why bother" feeling that leads to people quitting early
  9. ECrack Augur

I too agree with this statement. Atabishi hits it right on the head. 2 months is perfect. Once you get to the end of 2 months you really have run out of things to do and are either rolling an alt, playing a different game, or burning out and quitting all together.
  10. Ranza Mortia New Member

I like the 3 months, think this is fine :)
  11. Mrjon3s Augur

First month of an expansion unlock is getting to the max lvl and getting keyed/beating the raid boss. Second month its just farm the raids and get AAs once they are unlocked. That last month is the worst month. People only log on to raid and a couple people that haven't finished/banked AA's.
  12. MaestroM Augur

I never thought I'd say this.

3 months is too long for classic. I haven't gone back in my post-history to confirm that i've never deviated but I'm usually one of the people asking for 6 month lockouts. However, that bit me in the butt hard on Agnarr. I finished everything that I wanted to do on Classic within a month and a half, got guises for all my chars etc. got a few dudes to 50 with tons of epic pieces. By the end of the second month i was finding it easy to say things like "I'll do that tomorrow--plenty of time with 3 month locks" and no logging in. Then I didn't log in for a whole week. Then "Oh Kunark is next week, i'll just log in then". But i didn't. I lost my momentum. Didn't play much at all in Velious. Came back a bit in Luclin but PoP was a only a month away I never got to 60.

I don't know if 2 month lockouts would have been better, or if shorter timers are appropriate for later expansions, but 3 months is too long for classic imo.
  13. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Why can't we have have 43.7 day unlocks. I asked all my cats, and they agree this would be the best. There is still time to make everyone happy Darkpaw. Change it meow.
    KimchiGoddess and Prathun like this.
  14. Ysho New Member

Context: my EQ addiction is clinical, but not quite institutional level. I have high raid attendance in very active guilds, but I'm not active every minute of the day, or every day.

Logged in just to back this up. 1 month on Selos was quick burnout in GoD for me (xp grind was right on the money after adjustments, it was the 1/2 lock outs that got me...and LDON, its kind of pointless.) On the 3 months servers i've played, I was only logging in to raid to get DKP over the people who stopped logging in lol.

RL friends and virtual friends are going to Aradune, I'm starting up playing again because of that. Super looking forward to it. We're all pumped about it, but we all are also "dealing with" the 3 month unlocks because its whats available for a fresh start experience.

I feel like 2 months, even without other changes, would be awesome. Personally, 3 month unlocks are the only drawback I see to Aradune. I'll spare you the rest of my wish list, because we all have one, but there is whole mountain of EQ I want to see and I dont want to wait a super log time to see it.

I know the responses of "play on another server in an era I want to see" comments are coming, but lets be real, every TLP were looking for another server home, want to play where the people are, and where our friends are, and while i kind of regret not slogging through past server's slow unlocks, or Selo's maddness - I can tell you the unlock timers were 100% a factor in all of those cases for me, and anecdotally for the guild population.
  15. Magickon Augur

If Trakanon is killed anywhere else other than the zone-in, it's a failure.
  16. sumnayin Augur

I won't lie, I was really enjoying Agnarr(started in Velious) and I quit the day Coirnav was announced. But i'll probably stay on Aradune as long as I can but I don't even know if that'll be beyond Velious. I guess we'll see.
  17. Yarteb Elder

Three month intervals are fine. Get to 50, do SolRo quests, raid Fear, Hate, and Sky as 50's for a while, then head to Kunark. Plenty to do in Kunark for three months. All good!
  18. Gilihari New Member

I agree that 2 months/extra loots would be great. Plenty of time for the hardcore raiders to get their guild geared out to progress to the next expansion and not get bored.
  19. Cohhfarmage Journeyman

My vote is for 2 months. 3 months of classic will steer people away!
  20. MaestroM Augur

So. 2 months is decided for Aradune.

Lets have the Devs code it up and call it soup. Did we have something with them on the Calendar already or can someone send around a planner? I'm generally available next week.