Peace Out

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Longtooth, May 14, 2020.

1. Longtooth New Member

Me and my friend are cancelling the all-access accounts for our families (7 people and 36 accounts total). We have been paying members since the game launched in 1999. We were very much looking forward to starting fresh on the Aradune server. Changing it from a PoP-Locked server like it was first presented has caused us to re-evaluate our plans. We have long since lost faith in the game developers, and the direction they have taken EQ over the years does not meet our goals for an enjoyable family game. There is far too much focus on raiding, joining top competitive guilds, and accumulating massive fortunes that allow players to simply buy things that they should rightfully have to fight and experience for. In short, the game has been so watered down with instant travel, mega loot, and fast experience (and un-locks!) that it just isn't fun anymore. Thank you for the good times we had in the beginning, and I wish everyone much enjoyment going forward. Perhaps we will run into some old EQ friends as we explore other mmorpg games to replace EQ.
  2. Court Elder

Wait, TLPs have been out for how long and you are just now figuring this stuff out? Lol.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  3. Lumiens Augur

Well, you would have been cancelling 22 of those 36 accounts if Aradune had remained PoP locked anyways. Everyone else will be re-subbing thousands of accounts now since they heard that Aradune is not going to be PoP locked and it's focused on raiding.
    code-zero and Ajjantis like this.
  4. Minpire Augur

It really sounds like you just Discovered Planes of Power, TLP model, Never raided without buncha boxes, & big bad GMs ruined the fun for you. (( Agnarr is PoP LOCKED if thats what you want))

Good luck finding another MMORPG, They all focus on these things and have auction houses & FV Ruleset is where you can buy anything you want. OMEGALUL
  5. BlingBling Journeyman

Yeah good luck on finding another home like this. You are learning the rules of almost every MMORPG now, haha. EQ TLP's hasve many things other MMO's don't but you will miss that experience. And Lumiens was right, you would be losing over half of the accounts anyways... My friends and family will spend enough in backpacks, potions, and accounts to cover your family :) good luck
  6. Fudly Elder

I don't understand your complaint. If you have 36 accounts, you have 6 full groups. You don't need anyone. If you don't like raiding, competition, and fast unlocks, why not just play Agnarr? It's POP locked. You can experience the content you want at your own pace.
    Risiko, Draconum, minimind and 3 others like this.
  7. mark Augur

i subbed 6 accounts for a year last week, been playing around with group of 6 different combos,so happy with rizlona will probably play on the server up to and including don,look forward to it,
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Runes Augur

You're argument makes no sense, you were looking forward to playing on Aradune until they allowed it to go past POP, yet the same conditions you listed you hate were all going to still be there for years, yet you were looking forward to playing on it?

And you make it sound like you got a bait and switch when the ruleset changed in like a day after they announced the initial ruleset lock.

Go play Agnarr if you are so butt hurt about the lock change, with so many people and boxes, you would catch up fast. Its funny when you criticize others for buying gear that they should "rightly have to fight for and experience" when you cheat content and don't really fight rightly and experience content as designed while you box zerg it.

Sounds like p99 would be a better fit for you and your crew now anyway.
  9. birisu Elder

What an incomprehensibly dumb post. First, just play up to PoP and quit like everyone else. If you want to piddle around doing group stuff with your box groups, Agnarr already exists. Second, live EQ has been following pretty much the same formula for 10+ years (group tasks, missions, raids, new expac after a year) so playing since 1999 and just now having a problem with it is absurd.
    Kanuvan, minimind and Skuz like this.
  10. Herf Augur

Can I have your stuff?
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Unfortunately eq at this point in its life is a niche game cash cow running as such.

If you havent looked into p99 I would say its worth a shot. They will always have a "healthier" leveling scene than any tlp.
  12. Minpire Augur

Didn't P99s owner get caught RMTing stuff out and fired the investigator ? LuL
    code-zero likes this.
  13. sumnayin Augur

Have no doubt, just like how all the WoW Classic servers(before WoW classic), the owners ended up with lamborghinis and stuff
  14. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Why post at all unless it's just for attention?

2 (7) people and 36 accounts sounds like a mini raid force or $(krono) farm bot group.

There is a ton of great group content past POP. Maybe less krono to be made but fun to play.
    minimind and Skuz like this.
  15. Klaim240 New Member

7 people with 36 accounts? Sounds like you are just butt hurt Aradune is a 2 per person true box rather than it being PoP unlocked.

And seriously... what game have you been playing? Even back in 99 you fight to get any gear in any slot, and then farm plat to buy your best in slots. This is the way.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Moege Augur

Wonder what he will be doing with all the extra computers, keep 1 for each person so there is 29 left.
  17. Nolrog Augur

Why is it that whenever people make posts like this, they always have dozens of accounts and have been playing since Lincoln got shot?
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

/boggle

What did you hope to get out of this thread?
  19. Beep Elder

Surprised so many people took the bait on this one.
    Tuco likes this.
  20. Neuro Elder

When people really get tired of a game, they just... disappear. When they make big posts like this, they want to have some kind of impact, because they really don't want to leave.

I have to ask, what were you expecting from a PoP locked server? There's already Agnarr, as many people have said, and I am sure the people remaining there would welcome 7-36 new players to their server. And you can do what many others do, just go from fresh TLP to fresh TLP, bailing when it gets to GoD. Also, you mention Aradune, but you can't play 36 accounts at once there, so maybe you meant Rizlona, which is for Boxers, so you can deploy your entire army. Unless you're exaggerating numbers to make your leaving seem more impactful to Daybreak's bottom line, which won't matter to them.

Either way, sorry this game doesn't appeal to you anymore.
    Herf and Kurage_of_Luclin like this.