How to fix Rogues

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, May 14, 2020.

1. Rcbauer Augur

1) Make Ragebringer a range item again like it was originally
    2) buff backstab damage
    3) look at classic itemization for rogues. It's brutal.

Any other ideas?
  2. Pawtato Augur

Give it time to unlock the rogue's progression...
  3. Magicite New Member

Backstab misses and minimum damage backstabs are the reason rogues are terrible.

I leveled one to 50 and had serpents tooth + shadow rager with full plane gear and my damage was absolute trash not because it wasn't possible to do good damage because on the rare occasion all my backstabs hit for near or at max damage, it was amazing but 9/10 fights are just a plethora of misses and garbage backstabs that looked like low end main hand hits.

If they made backstab more consistent, the class as a whole would be in a lot better spot for classic.
    The damage % AA doesn't do anything to fix this problem while backstab is on such a long cooldown.
  4. Rcbauer Augur

Why not be up to par in classic-sov? Seems there are some easy fixes.
  5. Rcbauer Augur

excellent observation. They could tinker with that .
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Make dagger ratios equivalent to same-tier 1HS/1HB/H2H weapon ratios.
    Machen and Genoane like this.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Give them FD, and monks bare handed damage table.
  8. Valanie Lorekeeper

also mend and ability to use 2hb
  9. Meredyth Augur

I was going to make a snarky joke about rerolling them all as monks but I see people beat me to it. On a more serious note, the devs could raise the backstab skill caps to increase success rate, increase the base piercing skill caps, and make it so backstabs can hit from all sides but maybe only do full damage when the rogue is in the traditional position behind the mob.
  10. sumnayin Augur

I always found that going Combat or Subtlety was pretty good, especially if you don't want to rely on backstab
  11. Bullsnooze Augur

Talent trees aren't out until Kunark...What do we do for classic?!
  12. Crixos Journeyman

Backstab and Poisons seems the easiest. Or atleast add a rogue only melee augment to the aug vendors. Why rogues still have to suffer until AA is beyond me
  13. Tuco Augur

Yeah I don't know what everyone is talking about. Hard to say original rogues were underpowered when some low level rogue rolls up and stun locks you for 15 seconds before finally ending it.

14. HoodenShuklak Augur

The best fix for rogues is a nerf to monks.
  15. Meredyth Augur

You cut me to the quick.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

While that would work, I don't think they can fix monks without breaking them on live. Since monks are only top DPS, and not out damaging entire groups, I personally think fixing rogues is a better option. I wonder if they could put in a minimum damage for backstab based on level? Maybe make any backstab that hits always do at least 25-50% of damage?
  17. Zinth Augur

while you are at it let them summon pets, cast big nukes, port groups and so on... or just keep ya greasy hands off other classes abilities...
  18. Grease New Member

How to fix rogues in classic: delete them.
  19. Sakuraba Augur

Only way you're fixing up Rogues is if you remove their reliance on ping. One bad lag spike and it's back to square one because you flubbed a Mudra.
  20. Kanuvan Elder

too much utility with sneak/hide going anywhere they want and money making utilities with steal to have them being a top dps class, rogue in d&d was to pick locks not top dps