Et Tu, Kebaber problems....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tren, May 13, 2020.

1. Tren Journeyman

Was working on finishing up some old challenger achievements. Yes, I know I am far behind, but that is what five years away will do for you. Anyway, this last achievement for Broken Mirror challenger doesn't seem to want to work for our group. I know that the description says an undead pet, but my research here in the forums, on Alla and EQResource said it would work with non undead pets and that the lower level the better to get Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay to charm one of them. After sending in lower level pets, ranging in level from 10 to 30, we sent in aa pets, druid bear pets, a drowned mariner from the amulet, viscious rabbits, about any pet we could think of to see if she found one to her liking. We did the task about 7 times with no luck.

Has anyone else done this achievement recently and had no issues? I did look at patch notes and didn't see any changes that should have affected this and the last posts I found searching the forums here were from 2018. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated.
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Personally havent done it in awhile, but always used lvl 85-90 ish pets from SK, Necro or Shaman. Dont think AA pets work.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

Not sure where you got the idea that non-undead pets would work for the achievement for either the mission or the raid since achievements for both require 1 or 4, respectively.
  4. Duder Augur

Prettttttty sure shaman pets don't work any more.
    Celephane likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Use low level undead pets. (low level since they'll be charmed and you may have to kill them after enough get charmed).

Needs actual pets, I don't think swarm pets count (I could be wrong).
    Park em next to the boss with pet hold, wait till they get charmed and you get the emote saying you can now earn the ach, then blow em up.
  6. Tren Journeyman

Read about non-undead pets in this link and on both Alla and EQResource notes:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...l-of-decay-scaling.247919/page-2#post-3650597.

He does say he thinks its a bug though. Thank you for all the feedback, will round up a necro or SK to help with this and see if we can get past it. Cheers!
  7. Conq Augur

Been a while since I've run this one, but I do remember the pet needed to be both an undead pet - shaman worked - AND an in-era level pet. That's what worked for us after much trouble shooting (read: 10+ attempts that night).
    Conq
  8. Duder Augur

Perhaps in the era part is the kicker, good idea. I tried with shaman pet in TBL with a RoS pet and it did not work.