Are there still any unsolved quests?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Creedmonk, May 12, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Where in Norrath is that?
  2. Creedmonk Augur

Prathun, can you take a look at that earring and see if it is actually attached to a quest that can be completed?

I really enjoyed he Kunark quests when they were finally released is there any chance of this happening for classic or velious quests etc?
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I think the Dragon's Blood Earring is for some quest tied to ST 2.0. The Earring was originally no drop, around the time ST 2.0 was original released a droppable version came into existence. Considering Yelinak's ties to Jaled dar and Ring of Scale Dragons it's highly likely.
    Creedmonk likes this.
  4. Prathun Developer

Sure, I can take a look. But, which earring?

Glad you enjoyed them! We have restored some other unfinished quests from Kunark and Velious since these. Admittedly the more recently added quests were smaller and not nearly as compelling. It is not super likely that we will stumble across another large cache of half-implemented content from early EQ.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Then make some up Prathun, we loved it dude. Comparable to top end expansion gear and time consuming.
  6. BoatsNotes New Member

Dragon's Blood Earring i believe hes referring to.
  7. Thexian Journeyman

I think the best unfinished quest to complete would be the symbol/Regeant for each of the dieties! I have always been so curiuos to some of them finishing!
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

9. Prathun Developer

Ruru the Cook accepts the Dragons Blood Earring and then responds "&cheers, 'See, see! It says that I'm the best. Told you so, Grudash. I am the best cook around! I rule!"
    Quest rewards XP and faction.
    So, some problems here:
    Ruru was removed in the Skyshrine revamp.
    Pre-revamp Skyshrine is never active, even on Progression Servers.
    It looks like the quest is broken, as handing the NPC an earring as proof of Ruru the Cook's culinary prowess doesn't make any sense.
    Nniki, minimind, Bobbybick and 4 others like this.
  10. RandomStrategy Augur

While I happen to have you here, and this may have been answered a while back....did Gnoll Slayer get shunted to PoP as a quest line? I had it on Agnarr, and I know while the full end quest of Gnoll Slayer was finished and implemented in PoP, the "half" version of Gnoll Slayer was classic, and I thought the finished version was intended to be finish-able in Classic (though implemented later)? Would you consider (or throw the idea to someone who could consider) putting Gnoll Slayer back in as a Classic quest line?

The bane damage only works on Old World gnolls, and not even the gnolls in Highpass since they're the 'new models' (unless they got changed back to old school).

Gnoll Slayer is a pretty nice Classic weapon to use, and one of the only reasons for loot hunting in Split Paw.

I mean, it's a small request, and I know y'all are busy, too...so just askin', cause Gnoll Slayer was my jam.
  11. Creedmonk Augur

12. Creedmonk Augur

disregard above looks like you already looked!
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Private servers have the pre-revamp Skyshrine. There seems to be a broken quest related Ruru https://wiki.project1999.com/Boysenberry_Pie_Quest Apparently Ruru and Grudash are having a little feud over who is the better cook. The quest text you posted seems to fit with this quest line.

14. Boze TLP complaint factory

I don't know what you're talking about, I cook earrings all the time.
    Skuz and Prathun like this.
  15. Creedmonk Augur

Interesting! Wonder if it can now be solved on P99?
  16. Gemstoner Elder

I was trying out my Curse of Oak Island narrator voice. :)
    Skuz likes this.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

IDK i'd imagine it's likely "broken" on p99 also. I don't have a high level toon on p99 so i wouldn't be able to try. Maybe someone else on the boards does. But there is a comment on https://web.archive.org/web/2001121...ony.com/ubb/everquest/Forum1/HTML/000358.html that says they removed the quest around the time Luclin launched so i'd imagine you can't do this on p99.

The "pre-quest" has you running an errand for Sentry Emil. He wants you to get a Boysenberry Pie to start proving your "honorable intentions" in Skyshrine. After you meet the 2 Chefs the quest is supposed to continue with you taking both of dishes to a "Master Orclov"(Missing NPC i can't find any reference too)in upper Skyshrine. I'd imagine Master Orclov is Skyshrines "Master Baker" or something like that. I assume your supposed to get a note or something from Master Orclov and that's the item for this quest proving Ruru is the better baker, not the Dragon's Blood Earring. Perhaps though the quest was supposed to continue on with you doing various things to prove your loyalty to Skyshrine ultimately involving Yelinak himself. Guess we will never know
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

This has bothered me for years. I literally handed the Dragons Blood Earring to 99% of live-era Velious NPCs with a character on Indifferent+ faction.

Thank you.
    Creedmonk likes this.
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Here's my last "White Whale" if anyone wants to poke around:

In 2017 there was a patch that restored some missing Velious quests. This added the NPC "Yimmrek the Herald" who will give the player breadcrumbs to find a quest suitable to their class as well as 2 new quests himself, 1 of which is already confirm bugged.

The breadcrumb he gives for casters is as follows:
    Yimmrek the Herald says, 'A weaver of the mystical arts! If you gain renown within the city you might be able to gain an audience with the great Keldor. He is a powerful sorcerer, once the apprentice to Velketor. Now he is King Tormax's primary advisor. Some say that Keldor had a hand in Velketor's banishment from Kael. Don't say that too loudly, though. Keldor has ears and eyes everywhere.'

This is a reference to Keldor Dek`Torek, found behind Tormax's throne room. I ASSUME this is supposed to be some lead-in to a quest to obtain the Orb of the Infinite Void that Keldor himself drops, as the majority of named mobs in Kael have quests to obtain their drops as an alternative for those that didn't want to damage their faction.

I believe this quest is also broken unfortunately as no text I've spammed at Keldor has given me any results after the patch. He does occasionally emote and talk to Tormax:

King Tormax says 'What is it you have seen in your vision Keldor? Another vision of that old fool Yelinak?
    Keldor Dek`Torek says 'Much worse my lord. I watched you die with my own eyes. At the hands of outlanders and dragons. I fear that my old master is toying with my mind.
    King Tormax says 'That fool Velketor? Get a hold of yourself Keldor, your magic is as strong as his and lord Rallos smiles upon you. Now stop this nonsense of Velketor, he is more a threat to the Coldain then he is a threat to me. I cast him out of this city once and I could strike him down again if need be.
    Keldor Dek`Torek says 'I pray my visions are false my lord. I have seen other things though... Things whichh worry me immensly. The outlanders, they have begun to side themselves with Yelinak and that pitiful fool Dain Frostreaver. Even some of the outlanders who worship Lord Zek have forsaken him. I suggest that you have the temple of Lord Zek become more heavily protected. The outlanders should not tread upon its holy ground.
    King Tormax says 'So it will be then. The halls of the great temple of Rallos Zek shall not be walked by any other then the true children of Zek, the giants. We will have to work harder to recruit outlanders into our service as well. If we are to wipe the dragons from the face of Velious we will need hundreds of powerful mercenaries to fight along side us.
    Keldor Dek`Torek says 'How shall we entice the outlanders into our service my lord?
    King Tormax says 'I shall have the smiths begin crafting great armor and weapons at a scale these outlanders can use.. Those who serve us well will be rewarded with these creations. Keldor, begin crafting magical items the likes of which this realm has never seen to reward the sorcerers who will aid us. Perhaps I will even grant a title to those who can help us reach our great goal!
    Keldor Dek`Torek says 'I will begin at once my lord. May Rallos smile upon us all.
    King Tormax says 'I am sure he will, faithful servant.

Good luck.
    Creedmonk and Skuz like this.
  20. Fluid Augur

There's also some 'tails' left behind after the head was cut off. When the bread shortage which according to SOE ~was only supposed to be a temporary quest was cut out, certain parts of it were left in. IIRC, you no longer get the dialog and some of the turn ins don't work. The important one for me still works even though there isn't a hint of which NPCs are involved.

Some of the others that were easy to complete if you had a character of high enough level i.e. the Gnoll Slayer, had a fixed spawn point NPC that you could go into Splitpaw and assassinate. Then came the takeover of Splitpaw by Elementals and the NPC was moved to a random spawn in SK that makes him hard to spawn. I recently completely it on a TLP server and the it took 48 hours of camping Blackburrow end of it before the other NPC spawned. :(