Wondering people's perspective on this.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, May 7, 2020.

1. enclee Augur

Post your cast count and group composition. If, you want to talk strat start there but just linking a parse doesn’t do much. I’m disappointed the OP only posted once.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  2. enclee Augur

After reading my post again, it doesn’t come off the way I was intending. I’m genuinely curious to compare my casts to someone doing significantly more damage than myself. I thought I was doing pretty good, but maybe not.
  3. Bronut Augur

There's way too much to respond to directly I appreciate your feedback.

it was more just over the years not getting much in the way of a volly going with other players, parsing back and forth.

The strat thing was less about parses and more about just general overview strat talk you know talking shop. The places I was linking parses were private discord channels server-wide channels. And on more than one occasion people said hurtful things instead of joining in on the discussion or linking their parses.

I was locked out of my account for a week because I changed the account password on a bunch of my accounts to different things and I was able to get into all but one the one being my mains for some reason when I recorded what I was changing the password to it was incorrect and it took a week to get it back.

The first is one of my better parses in a while that's why I wanted to see how it stood up . I assume that there is a better part out there this is my alt now. It was 1 raid 1 parse, those that are running this every week have a higher probability of having a"Good run*

I'm missing the evolving gear which contains qute a few sympathetic procs. I have rk 2 spells.

It seems very unlikely to me that there wouldn't be a few parses better than mine. I'm not out here looking for a kudos on that event I have 3 chars I can do more than 614k on and normally I don't post parses on these boards.

I'm more just curious why linking parts is in looking for benchmarks to achieve and competing against who would make me a bad person
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We have a parse forum for the guild to talk DPS if they want too, some take a huge interest, others very little to none, but usually with each parse the group make up is posted along with who got emoted/died. It's not always about the individual support takes its role and some of players are better at that than others.

I have good and bad parses, but more often than not these days it is about getting all the ducks in a row, a good parse usually has good procs the bad ones are usually when the RNG hates me or the lag monster raises his ugly head.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Based on his original post he won't be a problem for about a week except on the forums.
  6. Zolav Augur

Bronut, your a tool that is why people react the way they do to you. I could tell this by the second paragraph.

Have you ever heard the ole saying.. "if you meet more then 2 a-holes in a day maybe its time to look in the mirror"

And let me get this right... you got "locked out" of your main account. You know who that happens to.. hackers and troublemakers. And hell you gotta be one hell of either to get in trouble in EQ these days.
  7. Questoften32 Augur

True gamers, can make a 20 page thread hyper analyzing stat building on a old playstation rpg game over a decade later, lovingly going over ever detail and parsing, check simulating....heatedly debating something interesting but charmingly not strictly speaking necessary, though desired, like civilization itself....and make it a fun read, one would love.

Like good rpgs and RPers, these valuable nerd friends, once so common, are now sometimes hard to come by outside anime conventions, and must be encouraged...verily I say.

Speed rap me baby, yeah, yeah, yeah. :)
    Goburs and Nennius like this.