Test Update 05/12/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 12, 2020.

1. Siirx Journeyman

I am aware the lower level Sk spells are shared, which is why I didn't bother mentioning them in my post, if they revamp the lower Necro spells, SKs would directly benefit / be affected. I am merely asking for clarification since his reply was somewhat vague in regards to my question.
  2. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Gunna need you to up to HP on the Test dummies so the first one doesn't die from 3 DoTs as I start DoTing the 5th one, only got up to about 3.5mil DPS, not even close to what I'd be able to do with 10 targets on raids and some ADPS
    Kuvani, Felicite, Tolzol and 5 others like this.
  3. sauron3030 Elder

Will be nice to be in line with other dps
  4. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Already Top Tier DPS on the majority of ToV events, uncontested in like half of them, plenty good in groups, who exactly are we being put "in line" with thanks to these egregious boosts?
    Kuvani, Tolzol, Evurkvest and 2 others like this.
  5. Siirx Journeyman

Current EQ expansion is the only thing that matters I guess. Lol, Try playing a Necromancer on a TLP - you'll be fine until PoP then you're a steaming turd until SoD even in SoD you might be lucky to break top 10 on a parse depending on your guild.
    Mithra likes this.
  6. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Considering the greatest impact will be seen on Live due to more sophisticated Foci/AA/SPA interaction, yes, it SHOULD be balanced around Live play if it's going to include Live DoTs.
    Kuvani and Evurkvest like this.
  7. Cadira Augur

[IMG]
  8. Kinadorm Augur

1. What happens if a bunch of these items are in tradeskill only containers on mules? Do they stay in the bags until we remove them or will we suddenly have a bunch of items pop on our cursor that we need to find a spot for when we login?

2. Would you consider adding the various glazes to a vendor in PoK/PoTranq since the components are not tradeskill items?
  9. Siirx Journeyman

It'd be nice if people could just post legitimate concerns without some ape trying to derail it by trying to start a pissing contest over their opinion over which version of the game matters. Lul
    Mithra likes this.
  10. Cannikin Elder

Please make the /usurp command work for regular officers in addition to senior officers

I have a guild in mind that I keep an officer alt in, but the senior rank did not exist at the time the leader stopped playing, so no senior officers exist, only regular officers.
    Xeladom, Caell, Tucoh and 2 others like this.
  11. kizant Augur

Rogue merc changes look pretty good. Aggro is still high enough to be a bit of an issue and base DPS is only down around 15%. Not quite as much as it probably needs but it's definitely an improvement. I was seeing about 130k DPS with 0 DPS merc AAs and no buffs and now it's around 110k DPS.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But they are a skill, they are pottery if that is wrong Eqtraders needs to be corrected.

This is a ridiculous change subcombies for tradeskills should have TS flag. Or are we supposed to check if every item without a TS flag is used in something now?
    Deathly, Cacky, svann and 1 other person like this.
  13. Wulfhere Augur

No, not at all. The restored use of Bite of the Shissar Poison fixes one of the missing SPA 92 hate reducers. Strike of Impaired Vision being the other missing ability.
  14. Blackenedseoul New Member

Server down, yet again. Wonder for how long this time. Sigh
  15. Jarok Journeyman

Every time you /testcopy, God kills a test hamster.

Please, think of the test hamsters.
  16. Blackenedseoul New Member

Lol, good thing I hardly ever testcopy then. Just wanting to get back to leveling up my alts for my bot army I am working on. Sigh.
  17. Help02 New Member

Test is Down!
  18. Help02 New Member

Guess they gave up on Test. :(
  19. Ibudin Augur

Yup here comes the ever predicted huge screw to necros - toss out some untested dot fix for necros, turns out to be way over powered, nerf it, and put us below what we originally were able to do ...today.
    Vexana_Lanys likes this.
  20. Blackenedseoul New Member

Yep, pretty much. Always how it ends up working. Some idiot goes and makes a statement just like the one you quoted. Saying how powerful they are.

Devs look at it and go "oh? You're doing too much, let's "nerf it", then they break it, and then fix it to supposedly be back to "work as intended". Knowing full well that they weren't there when this was started, so they don't know how it was intended to work. And then the class is and no longer doing what it was doing.

I just hope the server comes back up soon. Would like to finishing leveling my alts to 105, and getting my rogue some more AA. Just got my rogue account (the only account I've done it on so far) the ToV expansion. So working on maxxing my AA for 110 before straight shot to 115