Are there still any unsolved quests?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Creedmonk, May 12, 2020.

1. Creedmonk Augur

I know a few years back they added in the Kunark quests which were previously not able to be finished but I'm wondering are there still quests around that are solvable that have not been solved?
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

3. RandomStrategy Augur

Unfinished, yes. Unsolved, no.

Rewards? Maybe...the Shield of Nife was discovered really late comparatively to it's release due to RNG reward.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Oh yea the kunark archeologists quest is solid. They made an announcement for it though. It would be interesting to see quests made better again.

It seems like quests with actual worthwhile rewards are either incredibly grindy or require tradeskill maxed out... given the tlp timeframes and easier raid access most just aren't even worth touching. Its definitely different than back in the day.
  5. Fudly Elder

Probably. It's not that uncommon to find quest items that have no known purpose on allakazam.
  6. Creedmonk Augur

It just got me wondering since from the 10th anniversary video they had mentioned there was something like 3000 items that had been undiscovered at that point. I'm wondering if Ngreth can tell us some sort of updated number for today?

Glistarian likes this.
  7. Protagonist Tank

Does it count as unsolved if it's nonsensical, broken, and suddenly dead-ends with absolutely no reward?

Because if it does, then yes - there are lots.
  8. ForumBoss Augur

I believe there was a post confirming there a number of broken quests or items with no purpose, but I dont think there are any unsolved completable quests.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yep, Prathun posted confirmation about unsolved quests and the Kunark era broken quests were fixed when he did some design archaeology connected to that, they finished off a few other partially completed ones at the time too as i recall, there were patch notes from Feb 15th 2017 and a NEWS post about these.

I think there were some that had items put into the game for quests that never got rolled out but the documentation/design/dialogues for them was lost so there wasn't anything the team could do to finish them other than removing the quest tag from things they knew had no quest attached.

TL;DR there are still some that have not been completed but only because they cannot be.
    Creedmonk and Tucoh like this.
  10. Prathun Developer

Miss_Jackie, Skuz and Duder like this.
  11. Duder Augur

My question is then, What of that figure made in the 10th anniversary promo vid? Was it referring to items from those same quests that cannot be completed or were never implemented? Were the 3000 items undiscovered because they were literally unobtainable or never implemented?
  12. Protagonist Tank

Betting on some wonk from marketing who did a database query on items never equipped and made a video quoting a stat he didn't understand.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Prathun Developer

Just watched the video and saw the "3000 undiscovered items" factoid at the 1:54 minute mark.
    Items that haven't been discovered isn't quite the same thing as quests that haven't been completed, but it's along the same vein. It's far more likely that any undiscovered items can't reasonably be obtained than that they just haven't been found yet. It's unlikely that any significant number of undiscovered items are attached to undiscovered quests. I can only speculate as to how someone came up with that figure. Suspect it was a query of which items in the DB weren't on characters, which isn't the same thing as items that can reasonably be obtained.
    Barton, Duder and Skuz like this.
  14. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Finding it hard to forgive SOE for not checking their work. At the 1:54 mark in the video, they have the zone listed as Plane of Hate, while obviously Cazic is in the Plane of Fear.
  15. Xhartor Augur

The fact they added kunark archeologists quests, always makes wonder why they haven't added the Corrupted Hammer of Consternation quest to Luclin, since it's basically a broken Luclin quest that wasn't competed until years later.
  16. Machen New Member

Skuz likes this.
  17. Machen New Member

Sensationalism to drive returning player subs? You can speculate...
  18. Prathun Developer

Whoops! Yeah, sure enough that's the wrong zone name listed there in the video.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Duder likes this.
  20. Gemstoner Elder

Hmmm, I'm beginning to think that 10th Anniversary video is a hidden quest line starter conspiracy ... in the North Atlantic there is an island ...