How do people handle boxed party members and loot?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arclyte, May 12, 2020.

1. Arclyte Augur

Does a guy 2 boxing get 2 rolls for that FBSS or just 1?
  2. Pawtato Augur

I've always done 1 roll per person.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If my box is dps and healing, she's earned the right to roll.
    lockjaws likes this.
  4. Protagonist Tank

There's no hard and fast rule. Discuss it when you join a group.
  5. GamerGramps Journeyman

I box (up to 6).
    When I'm grouped with others, I only roll with one of my toons. If my main can't use it, then one of my boxes won't roll against a group member's main. If it's down to my boxes vs their boxes, then I'll only roll one.

But, that's just me...
    Adrienna and Nolrog like this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

This is what I was going to say. Best to always ask when joining a group how loot works, so you don't come to a misunderstanding when something drops.
  7. Lionari Elder

On Coirnav I boxed two mages. I usually did 75% of the group damage, sometimes more. Occasionally someone would come along and demand that I only roll once for both my mages. I just ignored and rolled twice anyways. I'm doing twice the work, paying twice the money, and am being extremely productive.

Why would I only roll once? Both my toons need gear. Both toons are being played at top efficiency, even if I'm playing two at once. Just makes no sense to me.

If I had an afk melody bard its a different story. I just don't believe in always defaulting to a two dimensional set of rules.
    lockjaws likes this.
  8. Hinastorm86 Augur

If I drop a box from my 6 box to invite someone, which I might from time to time, i'll only be rolling on the main character.

It would be completely fair for me to have more rolls, if I wanted, but eh. I might consider it if I were in a high value camp.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Always ask never assume.
  10. Sikkun Augur

In before someone claims the ench should get 5 rolls and the cleric the last.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If I am boxing & camping something specific that I want & I have others asking to join I will let them know before joining what I am doing there & what I will be taking without any confusion, then when what I wants drops I am taking it no ifs ands or buts about it. Never had a problem from doing that so far.

Any "vendor trash" drops I just roll off nbg & all of my toons get a roll too.

If something drops & I know its an upgrade for them & I would just tribute/sell it I will just give it them anyway.

You do have to watch it if you are used to NBG rolling with guildies, plenty of guilds out there take a roll need on everything stance & their members are not prepared to change or even to be courteous enough to bother asking.
  12. a_librarian Augur

this guy is pressing pet attack on two keyboards and deserves your respect.
    jeskola, Gio1999 and Wyndar like this.
  13. Mrjon3s Augur

This so much. I have had groups where a guy was 3 boxing and only rolled on 1 and other groups where all 3 rolled. Also I know it sucks but always roll need on tradeable loot. The amount of times I have seen people be screwed because everyone says greed but one guy does need is too much.
    Lionari and lockjaws like this.
  14. Gremin Augur

Guild groups need before greed, pugs 1 per person roll nbg
  15. Lionari Elder

Yup. Pet attack. Resist debuff. Double nuke. Keep DS up on tank.

Are you the grown man who cried like an infant because I rolled on both my mages?
  16. sumnayin Augur

Never roll nbg in pugs. Sorry, I can sell that gear and buy gear for myself, not fair for someone to get to roll on gear, get exp, get cash loot....while others don't get to roll on gear, and only get exp and cash loot. When you eventually sell that item(whatever it is), you aren't going to mail platinum/krono to everyone that was in the group when you got it. Seen too many R-words tell someone else, "you're getting exp aren't you." So are you mf'er. Feel free to call people out on their terrible logic, and watch them squirm to turn it on you, they always do.

Obviously when terms are agreed to before hand it can alter this, like, hypothetically, someone sends you a tell to start a group at a camp on the terms that they're looking for this specific item.
    jeskola, code-zero and Stratka like this.
  17. Meredyth Augur

Many people believe they play their boxed alt at 100%. Many people are wrong. Besides, who needs double Malosinia and double damage shield? Drop that second Mage for a Ranger or Rogue.
    Gio1999 and Stratka like this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Agreed.
    Stratka likes this.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

The people that typically say they are great boxers don't even play 1 toon well.
    Gio1999 likes this.
  20. Lionari Elder

I would agree in certain cases but Mage/Mage is definitely doable to play both at max capacity in early Expacs. It's a very powerful duo.