Rizlona or Aradune (longterm)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Maehix, May 9, 2020.

1. TLP Addict Augur

Mangler is the best long term bet since Phinigel. Most of the players going to the new servers are the same fickle types that abandoned every other TLP when new ones came out and are likely to do it again.

A lot of Mangler players are tired of new servers and keen to continue on.
  2. Silver-Crow Augur

3. Kobra Augur

Our guild on Rizlona is very active and very chill.

I think our server will do just fine.

I can't wait to read the drama coming from Aradune though. Its going to be great entertainment.
  4. Protagonist Tank

A real Riz player would just write their own drama on one window then drag it to a different one to read. There's no time to wait around for others to generate drama when you can just do it yourself without needing interaction.
    TLP Addict, Foaming and Tucoh like this.
  5. sumnayin Augur

Going to be hard to hide, there are only so many places bots/farmers go in classic...and then in kunark....and then in Velious. People act like it is hard to spot someone boxing 3+ characters if you're looking for it.
  6. sumnayin Augur

Literally 1 fight...the epic is easy. If it was so hard he wouldn't have started and finished it in 1 day. Everyone going on the forums to complain about how impossible it is to get their mob while the mob is up in PoFear untouched. SK and Enchanter are the only 2 bad epics and their epics aren't even worth it on a TLP. Kindly shove off with your ignorance.
  7. Kalipto Augur

You say that, but you missed one thing. The dirty cheaters don't want to play together. They want to play with real players otherwise they have no advantage over their fellow man. So there will be plenty of cheating on both servers.
  8. BreakmanDX New Member

I try to never get involved in this argument but by god, seeing the sheer number of people absolutely *worshipping* the idea of boxing here I just have to say SOMETHING. God, it's been years and has become such a nightmare, and you actually see people like this -- so often -- with their posts "liked" to kingdom come and going out of their way to bash Aradune and glorify Rizlona like they're trying to gaslight anyone who reads the forums into the absolute opposite of the truth.

Boxing. Ruins. MMOs. Boxing is the utter antithesis of the entire point of the genre's existence. You know why people come back for new TLPs? Because they know there'll be tons of players. You know why so many players including myself are more excited for Aradune than any other TLP or indeed server of any type that has ever existed in EQ history? Because, good lord, it finally has *some* limit on boxing. 2 is okay, I've played and enjoyed FFXI servers with such a limit and everyone and their dog has max-level healer/buffer powerlevellers that sit outside the group and make actually trying to main such a class or even get one levelled literally impossible, sure, but it's a HELL of a lot better than bot armies making the game utterly asocial and pointless.

Why do you think P99 has consistently had a high, and ever-climbing population for years and years despite being locked to only the oldest content and lacking so many of the conveniences of official TLPs? Hardlined no-boxing policy. Even moreso than it being free, I promise you. There are so many other games we could play for free, why such an ancient one most of us have experienced enough of in our lives? Because it's the ONE true way to play Everquest at all these days. You have real players. You actually know for sure that every single person you interact with, chat with, party with, barter with are real, actual people rather than non-entities that exist only to greedily hog resources and make a mockery of what the entire MMO genre is supposed to represent at its core. Thus, Aradune will be the closest to an official TLP truly worth sticking with for the grand majority of real EQ players that actually care AT ALL about the game itself and not just 24/7 int he hopes of getting some pittance of real money for ruining a game.

I'm GLAD they decided to make Rizlona, I've been waiting on it. A dual TLP launch where one has box limits and the other has total free boxing so you ... fine folk can go do your thing to your heart's content and leave us alone. But of course you sit here and, never satisfied, try to glorify that wasteland waiting to happen and put down the objectively superior experience just so you'll have a handful of confused newbies to suck the pockets dry of thru legal RMT.

If you actually cared about any sort of MMO game experience where you wouldn't need to worry about the trials and tribulations of classic EQ alone, the reason you cite for boxing in the first place, you'd play a newer MMO actually designed to be enjoyed alone, rather than going through all this insane trouble to box-steamroll this one But for some odd reason, you don't, I wonder why....$$$

Also you'll never convince me that every single person in this thread waxing poetic about open boxing and liking each other's posts isn't the same dude 'boxing' forum accounts :)
    Reprobate likes this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Stopped reading here. How do you think EQ survived for 21 years? Single-player accounts?
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    I'll tell you what the infighting going on between my beastlord box and ranger box is pretty intense. This is especially true since my cleric box quit, since he really held things together and his druid replacement is a loot hwore.
  11. Alakshak Journeyman

So much to unpack in just that paragraph alone.

I plan on playing on Rizlona, are apart of a guild, and plan to main a Cleric single box on our raids. Just because someone wants to box doesn't mean they only box.

The most recent "New" MMO I've played to any kind of extent was Elder Scrolls Online. I stopped playing for reason that have nothing to do with this conversation.

You wonder why? Making "$$" as you insinuated has no influence on why I box in general. But go ahead and assume anyone boxing is all about the RMT.

Also, terrible game design ruins MMOs.

Have fun on Aradune or where ever you are playing. I hope the evil boxers don't ruin your fun but perhaps if you were not so narrow minded you'd realize there is fun to be had with all kinds of play styles.
    Vicus and Kobra like this.
  12. Lateryn Augur

ROFL. You poor naive soul. They are not going to be actively looking for more then 2 on a IP or hardware etc. You have to get reported to be investigated first. The krono bots(and they will be on aradune, that is where the money is) will all have more then 2, they will just split them into DUOs and farm spots that 2 characters can do(which is everything for some duos). You just wont see 6-12 all packed in once place anymore, but instead spread across multiple camps, picks, zones etc.

And even if they do get investigated, the RMT botters know what to do to trick crappy tier1 customer support like GMs into thinking they are all separate people.

The only people getting caught trying to box more than 2 on Aradune are the clueless newbies who think DBG wont follow through with the rules or just are clueless about the rules.
  13. Machen New Member

Only because of artificial . Give me a server that doesn't require me to load up six heat sources and blast my computer room to 100+ degrees in the summer and I can box just fine using alt-tab alone.
  14. Machen New Member

There will be plenty of people reporting EVERYONE on Aradune.
  15. Hdizzle Augur

Its pretty obvious the play here, right?

Aradune is the customer service server. Rizlona is the Live server.

If you want to do the reroll thing Aradune will have all the .. like minded people you'd ever want.

Rizlona will be way more chill however I would super recommend getting in a guild if you plan to solo box or even duo on Riz and stay geared.