ToV t3 ranger weapons

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Snowverlord, May 1, 2020.

1. dubblestack Elder

Only fake news is you making a parse, maybe you'll get there 1 day with your 3/4 bar at the end of an event, but chances are it will not happen, some people just can't handle clicking a few buttons in short succession
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Answer the question correctly. What support do you have on raids? I'll get directly to the point - do you have an Enchanter? If you do, you are burying the lead...
  3. Fintank Augur

I did answer the question correctly. The majority of both group makeups and situations have it ahead. I've gotten an enchanter for 1 event total in ToV, which is a weird thing to bring up since that wouldn't skew the results of the discussion very much at all.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Sancus like this.
  4. Cacky Elder

Has anyone looked carefully at the 2hb Velium Enhanced Great Hammer? The proc effect is about 10% smaller than the 2hp proc, but it has 11 more hdex, 11 more hwis, and 14 more spell damage (if that is worth anything). I wonder if it is possible these could increase its value / dps over the 2hp in typical raid situtations.
  5. Fohpo Augur

How many raiding guilds are giving rangers an enchanter versus giving a zerk group that ranger...
  6. Derka Power Ranger

I would bet some raid guilds run with 4+ rangers and can put them where they please.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

don't see how u run oom in a min I must be playing my ranger wrong.

Andarriel
  8. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Post parse comparisons with specifics (adps). The more data you show, the better your statements can be proven. I plan to run my own parses again to verify. But there is someone who always discovers something new.

By the end of every event I'm at less that 5% mana burning all I can when I can. If someone is maxing DPS and has any mana left I want to know their secret.
  9. dubblestack Elder

Yeah, even with a trigger for gom procs, and not casting a dot with scf it's extremely quick, maybe a minute was a bit fast to say, but it's still quicker than any class I've played, maybe druid can be almost as fast, but I've never raided on a druid and mine is pretty new.

Also, anyone have any parses with melee vs bow lately? Could sham procs be bumping melee to the top again at least in sustain? I do not have access to a sham to check it out. But just off of short parses, i can post when I'm home they seem kinda close, but I wasn't running any burns.
  10. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

If your unloading dots , alliance and dicho with cheta fang and while spamming nukes, then likely you can burn though a full mana bar ,in a minute - ish. You will give up a lot of long term dps for some short great short term.
    McGraw likes this.
  11. dubblestack Elder

Yeah, I guess it's good practice to manage mana better, but most of these raids since there aren't many real needed burn times, and little strategy needed beyond casting spice when it's up, I'm at your Mana levels previously stated.

Yes, if anyone has some secrets would be great.
  12. haaaalp Augur

Why is this still being talked about? Sounds like your beastlords dont know what paragon is. You have a plethora of mana return options. Use a mount on outdoor zones? Get gud.
  13. Derka Power Ranger

The TLP forums are over there >>>>>>>
    McGraw likes this.
  14. dubblestack Elder

Well it's a forum, I'm no expert in what the exact use of what a forum maybe, but seems like you don't have much of an idea about that.

If you are not having Mana issues as a ranger you are not spamming, so you may be the person that needs to "get gud." Or you just don't play a ranger.
  15. haaaalp Augur

wut
  16. Zerasha New Member

I have a question along thr lines of this discussion. I've been away a few years and came back deciding to play ranger this time. I'm getting caught up on content but dont know how to put togwther a good ranger burn. Ive got ideas but would love to hear any tricks from the pros about what does or does not stack in terms of discs and AA clickies.

Is there a good resource i can check other than scraping forums? The class forums i used to use don't seem to be in service anymore.
  17. Szilent Augur

18. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

So you don't max your parses, and thus aren't supporting your guild raids as well as you could? Or do you go OOM in every event like you should , even if still using all the mana recovery ? Because that's not "gud" if you still got mana left at the end of the fight. That's just poor performance. And if you play a ranger, making comments like that , then you should get "gud".
  19. Greymantle Augur

One thing i have not seen mentioned in any of these posts. Resist rates.In the current expansion a good lot of the procs that we were able to access are ice based. Which on an ice mob gets resisted a lot. The two good axes,for 1HS have fire procs ,which are not resisted as much but seem to have a low proc rate. For ranged , i switched over to the 2HP spear with the poison proc/ symp proc a good while back.
    The first time i used it , i checked my logs ZERO resists over a 30 min raid event. Adds a tonne of damage. So that is now my default range setup.
    If your having major issues with mana still, try using tribute with a mana cost reducer active. Works wonders. With raid gear it is not to hard to get >250k mana these days. Buffed get over 300k in some cases. That helps too :)
  20. Notanx New Member

What would be better for a group player? An ice encrusted 2hp or go with the T3 Velium infused 2hp with the newer proc?