Starting a new guild? Checkout OpenDKP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moncleared, May 12, 2020.

1. Moncleared Lorekeeper

Given the announcement and launch of the new TLPs coming at the end of May I thought it may be appropriate to shoot out a reminder that for anyone looking at DKP options can checkout OpenDKP.com

There is already a post that contains a lot of good information here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/opendkp.255388/

I try not to advertise too much on the forums here but I've seen an uptick of folks registering for OpenDKP and wanted to do a broader announcement.

The latest feature is the ability to do DKP bidding on the DKP site called "Bidding Tool". It essentially allows DKP Admins the ability to link items in game that get populated in the website (monitors EQ log File) and allows users to bid on items. You can see this in action on the demo site if you are interested or watch this video:

To all the guilds launching in a couple of weeks, I wish you best of luck on your journey!
    Xhartor, rangerous, Faydark and 5 others like this.
  2. Argh New Member

Serious question: Is the video exactly 10:00 minutes so you get more money from YT?
  3. Moncleared Lorekeeper

I'm not aware of how money or anything works on YouTube. This was the first video I've posted for OpenDKP and I doubt it'll ever get enough views to earn anything anyway!
  4. Iyacc Augur

Been using OpenDKP for about a year, maybe more? Smooth setup, easy to learn and works well.

Two thumbs up!
    Appren, minimind and Moncleared like this.
  5. Noreaster Journeyman

10/10 can't tell you how amazing this tool is.

Moncs is also very responsive.
    Appren and Moncleared like this.
  6. Beep Elder

We'll be sticking with the "I give loot to my friends" council thank you very much.
  7. Barder-mangler Augur

+1 for open DKP, this should be more of a PSA lol, it’s just that much better than other tools out there.
  8. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Excellent tool, I would recommend to anybody that wants to set up a very strong dkp tracking system. It's actively supported, does what you need it to do without any hassle, has built in decay functionality (in several different variants), and has a pretty nifty missing raid tick tool.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

No scripts needed... +1 for Loot council as well, as long as I'm on the council.

Otherwise dkp
  10. gladiatoreq Elder

Outperforms EQ DKP on every level.
  11. Moncleared Lorekeeper

Thanks everyone for the love and support! If anyone wants to drop by our discord server and chat feel free:
    https://discord.gg/uWwnHwE
    Noreaster likes this.
  12. JPearcy83 New Member

As much as I respect dkp and used it for countless years raiding, I have since grown more fond of EPGP systems for loot control. Things have a set value and whoever has priority wins it. Less room for people purposely inflating bidding prices by misusing dkp. To each their own, of course.
  13. Pawtato Augur

I don’t think I’d want to go back to a DKP system. Loot council and prioritizing itemization works so much better.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thanks for the video, anyone using this found using the bidding system application to be faster than a conventional bid in game system?

I know the video is an explanation but it still seems like it would be awfully slow vs conventional methods and make loot distribution take even longer in practise.
  15. SoandsoForumUser Augur

This could be a nice change from charm debate #4054, loot council every day for me, the stupid little games in DKP distract from the one thing that actually matters, clearing content to get more and better loot. A rising tide lifts all boats.

We use a custom hybrid solution, the people running bids are running an application that is reading logs, and everyone who whispers a bid gets tracked and it applies the loot rules automatically (alt/boxes/mains/etc) to figure out the winner and they can just paste the win announcement back into eq when they close bidding. Seems faster and more accurate than manually tracking tells. This can then update spending and earning automatically to the dkp tracking site.
  16. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

I've had the honor of being client zero with development of OpenDKP, and it's day and night compared to all the other services I've used. Highly recommended for ease of use and top notch development from turnaround from Moncs. Your time matters, and this makes DKP oversight incredibly efficient.

Well done, Moncs!
    Moncleared likes this.
  17. Moncleared Lorekeeper

Doing my yearly bump as I try not to really spam the forums with OpenDKP or updates. Given the new TLPs are coming in the near future if anyone is interested in OpenDKP please come on by the discord and feel free to ask questions :) Happy slaying!
  18. Haak Augur

Loot council is fine - unless you're a Ranger. The only Ranger that is getting gear in that system is the one who started the guild so they'd ensure they don't get scraps for three expansions.
  19. Machen New Member

We've been using it. It is faster than conventional bidding because you can run all the bids simultaneously. One guy links all the loot in a channel and it automatically populates. You can control how long the bidding stays open for. The only thing that takes a little time is announcing the winners and passing out the loot--that's a manual process still. Our bidding system doesn't quite fit the software with special rules for raid alts, so we have to do a small amount of manual adjusting on bids where raid alts are involved, and it is still faster than taking bids in game. Plus, as a raid leader, I am less likely to miss the bids, which I really like. I know exactly when the item I want is being bid out, same time as all the other items.
  20. Dailor Augur

Yeah man the 542 views are RAKING it in.
    Moncleared likes this.