Is Defending Knowledge broke?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galliana, May 9, 2020.

1. Galliana Elder

I have done it twice now, nothing got past me, I checked the logs for the alert that says you cannot get the achievement, and yet no horns. Is this happening to anyone else?
  2. Zamiam Augur

nope , ive done this mission 10 times over the last week . ive gotten the horn everytime ..
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There was a bug a few years ago that there was no horn in the chest. But, I also have been doing this and while it only awards one horn, it was in the chest.

What does it show under your /ach? Go to EverQuest then Special then look for the bonus parts section.

Is it giving you the commemorative coins at least?

Many players are overlooking that they already got the item from past years or it is put somewhere they don't see. I always use "find" on my inventory screen and search for the item to make sure you don't already have it.

4. Galliana Elder

I'm not even getting a chest, though.
  5. Kolani Augur

Be sure to take the guard perk, some of the time the attackers coming from Plane of War will warp straight to the book, the guards will usually catch them.
    Sirene_Fippy and svann like this.
  6. Galliana Elder

But I should get an emote saying I can no longer get the horn. I had it happen the last time, so I knew I'd failed. I am not getting the alert and a check of the logs confirms this.
  7. Conq Augur

Are you hailing Bjerg after the fighting's done, to spawn the chest?
    svann likes this.
  8. Galliana Elder

jeez yes I am not that stupid
  9. Pawtato Augur

You might not be, but anytime someone needs support you gotta ask the basic questions. Is it plugged in, are you using the right username/password, etc. Most of issues are fixed at a basic user level. So, it’s best to figure that out before one starts digging away.
    Quatr, Vumad and GNOME_POWER like this.
  10. Galliana Elder

So I did it again, this time with the dwarf paladin army, and that worked.
    svann likes this.
  11. Metal New Member

Take one of the armies to defend the gate... mobs don't have to actually leave the zone to fail you the obj.

12. Willowtree Journeyman

I did that with a couple of alts in a row. Never failed. Level range from 85-115 in combination in group. The lowest level was the protector of the building to get aggro as long as the others run to him in case of a mob slipping through.

Plane of Disease:
    Easy going, get aggro while working in the direction of Plane of Disease to get another chance if a mob slips through. No need to stay at the entrance of the building to Pok except perhaps one protector.

Plane of Torment:
    Stay at the Plane of Torment area to get aggro instantly. For safety, one is staying always at the entrance of the building to PoK but this year I had no single one slip away.

Plane of Fire:
    Easy going, only wait in front of the spawner, they are slow. It is nearly impossible to miss a single one.

Plane of Tactics (critical):
    Two (!) mobs from Plane to Tactics jumped everytime out of nowhere. It seems they somehow stick at the Plane of Tactics Cave before they jump directly to the entrance of the building to PoK. You fail if you don't stay at least with one PC on the entrance building to the port to PoK in front of the horn. One protector should be always there to get aggro (like said by posters before) while the others don't move very far away. As long as DPS and Tank is good then this was the best solution.

There is no difference in getting the horn if you add other things like getting the optional buffs or something. Did it with and without buffs. At the end the Hail is needed and the chest spawns beside him.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

I boxed it and surrounded the book with the boxes. Some of the mobs warp through the walls. If you are guarding the entrance to the building you are going to fail.