Players dont actually want "classic" EQ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thomasmgp, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Solkos Augur

Yeah yeah Luclin/vellious whatever I meant velliious anyways but the same argument holds true. I dont want to start right before an expansion comes out at level 1 on a fully developed server.
  2. Xiaoyu Journeyman

I refuse to play on P99 after my gf and i were banned for "boxing" regardless of the fact we were in different states while i was on a business trip. The GM's make up excuses for their intrusive tools. Then don't even bother using them, all while making claims they can't prove.
    That, alongside all the RMT corruption scams the GMs have used in the past, and their blatant favoritism for certain guilds when it comes to raiding, the server is a storm.
    The only reason people play there is because It's the only server available with a decent population. Daybreak could easy break p99 by offering a free legacy server that offers small, non p2w store options, like mounts/familiars once luclin released.

The other reason people play on LJ/RF etc is because there are ZERO options for luclin/pop options for servers other than Daybreak. So comparing classic to not classic servers kinda nullifies your argument to begin with /shrug

Old thread, but it, lets update it.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not wanting to play on a third party server doesn't mean you don't want the classic EQ experience.
  4. Kanuvan Elder

they do want classic or they wouldnt be playing a TLP (time locked progression server)

again, the reason people are playing on TLP is to experience classic content from the beginning, origin and ingame maps doesnt change this
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Wew, 5 year necro.
    Creedmonk and That0neguy like this.
  6. yerm Augur

I see the necromancer revamp is coming along nicely.
    That0neguy likes this.
  7. Gremin Augur

Geez had me confused, dont necro threads
  8. a_librarian Augur

definitely burned an essence emerald rezzing this thread
  9. Sethisto Elder

I'll openly admit to that. I love a lot of what EQ has, but some things were bad:

• Corpse runs
    • No soulbinders
    • Super slow EXP rate and hell levels
    • One guild monopolizing everything
    • 500 people in greater faydark murdering everything
    • Losing 5 hours of grinding because you died and couldn't find a cleric
    • Sow/Selos only outdoors
    • Ancient controls and first person view
    • Ancient interface

I think they've found a good, healthy balance for the TLP servers. We still have open world battles for loot against other guilds, but we also have weekly instanced versions so casual guilds can get some gear. We still have competition between groups for camps and random people potentially training you for a bit of action, but we also have copies of zones so we can actually get things done. We axed corpse runs because that was a terrible idea and anyone nostalgic about it is insane.

Now if they'd just add bandoliers pre-luclin, give bards a higher level mez for the 60's before luclin, and stop starting these servers at the snorefest that is classic so we don't all have to do the unrest->guk/OOT leveling path, all would be great.
  10. That0neguy Augur

in before lock
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

12. mark Augur

from years of playing tl including the 2 originals way back the silent majority loves starting in classic and when a new tlp server comes around a lot of people will jump ship to the new classic starting tlp,just look at last years 2 tlps one started in classic and it was way more popular then the other one.
  13. sumnayin Augur

to be fair, you can't compare Mangler and Selos based on starting points when most people probably didn't want to play 1 month unlocks. I don't think i'd ever enjoy playing beyond GoD but i've heard 2 months isn't long enough to even gather raid currency enough to buy gear; let alone 1 in the later expansions.
  14. KbRN New Member

No p99 is not "classic" they got list camp with strange rules on drops. They got weird nerfs on clickies. They got pages and pages of server rules on FTE line and ducking rules. They got toxic raiding scene caused by top heavy server mechanics enforced by staff vision of "classic". The fact that past p99 gms have release detailed transcripts on the behind the scene working of the server its no surprised some of us want to experience tlp's here. The issue is people buy the line it classic because they say it is.
    enclee likes this.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

You're right that I don't want classic, I've had enough classic "nostalgia" to last me another 20 years at least.

I don't want to play an either.

I'm looking forward to doing GoD, Omens etc in era which I have never done, hope to see some of you there.
  16. Kanuvan Elder

if people didnt want to play classic then they wouldnt be flooding the servers on launch day to play classic and the krono farmers wouldnt be making any profit, and if they hated classic the TLP's wouldnt completely die off as soon as the classic era' ended
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

To be fair to the devs they have been pretty good lately in addressing the concerns of TLP players in regards to things like keys/flags in the latter part of the game.

On the specific point you raise about Raid Currencies they have very recently made some changes that directly address your concern following feedback/discussion on how they could be improved for TLP servers.

*** Quests And Events ***

- Raid events from Veil of Alaris and later will now grant more currency after they have been open for 3, 6, and 9 months on live servers. On Progression Servers these events will grant more currency as soon as the expansion unlocks, and add additional bonuses after each of the next two expansions unlock or at 3 month intervals, whichever is faster.
  18. Moforyguy12345 Augur

The only good thing about Corpse runs is that it really gives you an adrenaline rush when deep in a dungeon or you barely survive an encounter. I only wish the TLP would start in kunark instead of classic for maybe 4 months or 5 months? Never get to start iksar and level the new lowbie zones.
  19. Komodon Augur

The fact p99 takes such a hardline stance against boxing, and/or against the endless amount of excuse stories people come up with when they get caught, is also big reason people play there btw. Since the forced level of a community feel that comes out of that no boxing period, for better or for worse at times, isn't something you can ever replicate over here. For all P99's flaws, and it has many....that isn't one of them. In the thousands of hours i played at least 10 of toons there, constantly logging in and out of them, and among the hundreds of other people I played with doing similar over the years, I never knew one that got banned for boxing either fwiw...that wasn't indeed boxing when it happened :)

Their newer Green server raiding scene is actually about as fairly non-toxic as one could rationally expect at the top compared to blue. But of course that will all go away once Kunark comes around and the greater lust for pixels runs it's natural course lol