System knows you as LD, too when charmed and dead.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by divirgmar, May 11, 2020.

1. divirgmar Lorekeeper

When you are charmed or feared, it shows you as LD on your nameplate. If in a raid, it also shows you as Linkdead on the raid task window. When the charm fades, you are back in action and not seen as linkdead. However, if you die while you are charmed, and you release to bind- you are instantly crashed out of the server- as if you were actually linkdead.
    Making me think the system- when you are charmed and labeled as linkdead and when you die and release your corpse- the system sees you as link dead and promptly - kicks you of the server. Because you are linkdead after all, even though you are labeled as linkdead only because you are charmed and happened to die while so charmed and only labeled as linkdead.

Any way to stop this? as it will prevent frantically having to log in , asking to be added to raid and pleading to not open the chest so you dont miss coins, which I did.
    RPoo, niente and Duder like this.
  2. Tyreel Augur

Are you being denied a rez because the game thinks you are offline while dead but not released? That would be a bug to be reported.

Is your mouse not responding so you cant take a rez/choose respawn?
    You can do Alt+Enter to toggle full screen/windowed mode and then attempt to resize the respawn window to be able to choose to respawn.

If you cant fix it at all don't wait for the full 5 min timer to run out just /quit and try to log back in. If you can't /quit do CTRL+SHIFT+ESC click on processes then eqgame.exe then end task.
  3. niente Developer

This sounds like a bug and is something we should fix. There are some bugs related to not zoning after death still lingering. There have been lots of bugs related to PCs becoming NPCs (charm, fear, and LD all turn you into an NPC). If you have more details on when/where you were charmed and died, that will help us fix it.

This is something that can be changed to indicate charm or fear, but no ETA at this time.
    Boze, Nniki, Fanra and 1 other person like this.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'll tag another on this. If you take multiple rez's in a zone, permanent auras don't reapply. Specifically shaman wolf AA. It has to be cycled off and on to get it to everyone in the group.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I notice when boxing none of the auras will reapply after a in-zone unreleased corpse rezz unless you either get out of range of them or you remove & recast them, released corpse rezzes I see the Auras reapplied.

Shaman Pact of the Wolf is unique in that it has a 10000 range and the other Auras are much smaller range.

You can run out of range then back in to reapply the other Auras but with the Shaman's I am willing to bet that you aren't going to be running over 10000 distance away.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Already reported and being worked on. Should keep thread on topic.
    enclee likes this.
  7. Conq Augur

Don't know if this has been reported in another thread, but this charming is also breaking MA during raids. So the raid leader must reset the MA every time the MA is charmed. Ya, I switch MA's when they're charmed anyway, but it shouldn't break every time...
    Conq
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

9. divirgmar Lorekeeper

thanks, right now I have a vague memory of when it occurred like last thurs or sat night.. So if it happens again I will get a better timestamp as to when it happened. I think it triggers when I release the corpse to bind, then it kicks you out. if I stayed ghosting, it might not be a problem but once I release- complete shut down and back to desk top as if I legit LD'd. Straight up logging back in with the desktop exe Icon works as normal, although my char appears naked on the start up screen. But if it happens again ill get a better time stamp so you wont have to slog through hours :)
  10. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

You should of still been able to receive the coins after the chest was open. The only time the instance stops awarding the coins is once 54 people have received them or the next event has been completed. So if someone else was added to the raid in your place than yeah you would miss the coins but if not you should of still received them once you got back into the zone.
  11. divirgmar Lorekeeper

Ok, this happened yesterday on June 20 at 11:44pm during Symphony of Arms "bonus raids-after raids" where we were trying the HH trakanon for fun with 16 people. I got charmed I was attacking something, I died and then when I released to bind- I got kicked out of the game. I had to log in and - uncomfortably and somewhat frantically send tells to not only be re-invited to raid, but also re-added to event and re-assigned to group.
    So around that time, give or take 1 or 2 min on before or after side of 11:44pm

It wasn't so bad though, because after we finished, even though it was late I was able to tune into the solar eclipse happening on the day after the summer solstice? isn't that super special for druids or pagans or something? like do they get naked and find psychedelic mushrooms that can change all of our minds from our stuffy ways?- and naked?