Not A Bug Cast spells not causing procs.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kurage_of_Luclin, May 6, 2020.

1. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

The ranger spells, Marked shots and focused blizzard of arrows are not causing neither Rallos Zek Devotee's/Acolyte's assaulting Ice, Rallos Zek Devotee's/Acolyte's Assaulting Ice, the TOV sympathetic weapon effects, the TOV bow proc nor proc augs to proc.

Are they either spells or skill attacks? At least some of these procs should be triggered by these spells, depending on how you view them.
    Wulfhere and Derka like this.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Skill attacks are not a standard trigger for these types of focus spells. It's looking for direct damage.
    kizant likes this.
  3. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

So if it was a skill attack , that is cast and not a spell , even though it uses mana would it not cause bow procs and bow augs to proc or even the type 19 melee augs to proc ?
  4. Rolaque Ancient

The three druid AA abilities Nature's Bolt, Fire and Frost are similar. They deal damage, use mana, and have a 0.5 sec cast time. But they do not cause anything to proc. It's just how they are. But now I know the reason they don't.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I was wrong for the Sympathetic. The issue there is they are looking for a SPELL. I expect the abilities you mentioned are Disciplines. Disciplines don't trigger Sympathetic. It also hasto be detrimental, cost a small amount mana (NOT endurance), and have a minimum level

The specific spell Rallos Zek Devotee's/Acolyte's assaulting Ice is looking for ACTUAL skill use (swinging a sword shooting a bow) and the spell effects you mentioned arn;t using an actual skill.
  6. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Those are on the spell gem bar and they cost mana and they have minimum damage listed, I'm thinking if they are spells then they should proc sympathetic, if they are considered skill attacks they should proc the bow procs or the melee augs. one or the other depending on how you guys count them. If they do neither , then rangers are potentially loosing DPS.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Marked shots focused blizzard of arrows are not a weapon skill so will not activate the bow proc.
    I don't know why it isn't activating Sympathetic procs. Are you sure it isn't?

As for the Rallos Zek Devotee's/Acolyte's assaulting Ice, Rallos Zek Devotee's/Acolyte's Assaulting Ice these are not ICE resist spells, which is a requirement for that focus.
  8. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

I can make you some logs if you like, I tested on guild hall dummy. Ill be back with some.for comparison.
  9. Sancus Augur

It's because Sympathetic procs require SPA 0 on a spell to focus them ("6: Limit Effect: Current HP"). These spells use SPA 193:

[58939/11832] Marked Shots Rk. III
    Classes: RNG/111
    Skill: Archery
    Mana: 1874
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0.5s, Recast: 38s, Timer: 7, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Archery Attack for 361 with 400% Accuracy Mod ---> SPA 193
    2: Archery Attack for 361 with 450% Accuracy Mod ---> SPA 193
    3: Archery Attack for 319 with 500% Accuracy Mod ---> SPA 193
    4: Archery Attack for 319 with 600% Accuracy Mod ---> SPA 193
    5: Cast: Called Shots Effect ---> SPA 374
    Text: You are struck by a called shot.

[46892] Sympathetic Blaze of Fire
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3.3h+ (1950 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Cast: Blaze of Fire on Spell Use (Base1=10) e.g. Cast Time 2s=2.5% 3s=3.3% 4s=5.0% 5s=6.7%
    2: Limit Type: Detrimental
    3: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    4: Limit Min Level: 70
    5: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    6: Limit Effect: Current HP ---> Requires SPA 0

(Not saying this is a bug or anything, just this is why those spells are not valid for Sympathetic procs).
    Kuvani, Beimeith, RPoo and 1 other person like this.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

ah! I did miss that step! I expected it closer to slot 1. So yes. Those two spells will NOT trigger from the others.
    Sancus likes this.
  11. kizant Augur

It is an interesting topic though. Was there a reason why those spells show up on the spell bar instead of just being disciplines? Archery doesn't really fall under a typical spell skill like evocation, conjuration, etc.
  12. Soulbanshee Augur

Are you thinking Casting Ice? The resist check was changed from ice to detrimental early on after launch.

1: Trigger on Cast: Surge of Ice II (100% Chance)
    2: Limit: Minimum Mana Cost (100)
    3: Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
    4: Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)
    5: Limit: Effect (HP when cast allowed)
    Game Description

Procs *$1%N when you cast spells.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

4 and 5 are the standard "does hp damage" , so that is why these two spells don't trigger, because it's using the "does skill damage" which is not the same. (That's what I get for not looking up the spell and commenting)

I should probably at least change the description to say Detrimental spells.
    kizant likes this.
  14. Derka Power Ranger

Aren't they technically Archery attacks which would fall under Limit Skill: Archery for the Assaulting aug
  15. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Ok I tested again.

Confirmed.

Silent shot, Summers Sleet, and all of the current fire and ice nukes make any of the Type 19 and weapon sympathetic procs fire off

However Marked shots , Arrow portion of dissident fusillade, and Focused blizzard of arrows do not cause the sympathetic procs to happen.

They are cast from spell gem bar. But. They cause bow damage but don't cause the bow procs to happen either , so bow aug proc, nor no heavy arrow, no poison arrow proc no Type 18 or 19 assaulter proc augs
    Wulfhere likes this.
  16. Wulfhere Augur

It's a feature that no class's SPA 193 activated abilities trigger sympathetic procs. Rangers are not especially excluded in that regard. I would argue that if rangers get a boon here, then all classes should.
  17. Soulbanshee Augur

I kinda seem to remember that "as designed" Rangers do not trigger procs on Archery stuff and the damage output is tuned as such? While regrettably annoying, Ranger damage may be at the level it's supposed to without utilizing procs.
  18. Derka Power Ranger

This is what I had questions about, if other classes abilities that did say 2hand slash attack triggered the effects and rangers were excluded. I was going off the fact that you can trigger headshot and potentially slays/decap/assassinates off of those skills attacks as well. The different SPA requirements make sense.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Part of the reasons we include the "damage" is because most of the sympathetic procs are also damage, and there are many cases where players DON'T want ALL detrimental spells causing damage because it changes aggro, breaks mez/lull/root, etc. So we have this middle ground were it doesn't go on some things that might be okay, but doesn't go when doing so would be truly detrimental.
    I.E. it's a compromise.
    We came up with a solution for root, but not the other reasons.
    kizant, Sancus and Duder like this.
  20. enclee Augur

Anyone else love it, when Ngreth talks like this?