Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Winnowyl, May 6, 2020.

1. Pawtato Augur

Bro, you did your Tear at peak-easy mode. Stop pretending like you’re bad to the bone. Trivial loot code isn’t the hill to die on.
    Kaenneth, lockjaws and Astral64 like this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thank you for the communication!

If there are concerns for Overseer undercutting the grind on TLP, may I kindly propose this option of adding an Overseer merchant dedicated to the Fragment of Legendary Alaran History to a later expansion such as ToV.

If there are concerns that it would undermine past efforts/grind, many players have boxes/alts that could use the Tear of Alaris (and probably don't want to go through that ordeal multiple times).
    lockjaws and Yinla like this.
  3. Intenso Augur

The missions in pillars was way easier I remember doing some in under like 10min
  4. Orbital101 Augur

Ive ran these quests for so many toons and mass murdering SL again or run the SL raid make my brain hurt. I really hope they find a spot for the Alaran in future content. Anniversary, hardcore heritage content perharps ? Heroic Instance that scale up with lvl ? Just need something new :confused:
    Pawtato, Sancus, Tucoh and 5 others like this.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

This is why I mainly did the missions for them, RNG can be horrid for drops. You can easily clear 3 of the 4 missions in less than an hour. Probably even faster now, I use to clear them in an hour at like lvl 95-100. That gives you 3 frags per character, if you're working 2 toons that's the equivalent of 6 frags in less than an hour. You can even task add others right before the final hail so others can get frags from it as well. Clearing was more of a supplement to the missions for me, I would kill on occasion while the tasks were locked out but not all the time.
    Pawtato likes this.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

It would be nice if they modified the evolving exp per kill (on ALL items) so there was a minimum level and a minimal evolving exp gain based off the recommended/required level of the item.

So for this tear, it was level 95 content, have something in there where any mob level 90+ gives a minimum of XXX exp points to the tear, no matter if they are grey con or not.

So at least you can still kill for evolving the tear, but no fragments. Something to make work with the TBL evolving items too, so you can always evolve those even in 15 levels from now.
  7. roth Augur

As someone who completed two True Tears of Alaris ... I personally would not find that were the fragments put on the Overseer vendor it would diminish my work in any way. In other words, I’m saddened that the idea has been nixed.

I would also love to find an upgrade to the thing. Other than the Fire Beetle Eye and the Epics, I believe its the oldest item I still keep on either of my characters.
    lockjaws, Nennius and Duder like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Reasonable compromise solutions suggested there, I like your thinking.

Remaining a mission/kill grind just with some later content that allows for that, some Alaran outpost in a later expansion showing up isn't too out there since they've been on Norrath a long time already from the lore.

Team may wish to keep the Tear ERA-Locked but I don't think players want a free-ride so much as they want alternatives to the limited content.
    lockjaws likes this.
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

Or finally just add the tear to the evolving experience transfer machine in Corathus Creep.
    Remien likes this.
  10. Pharty New Member

I agree I started now again with the farming and nothing, not dropping even with a level 93 in group. This should be fixed somehow.
    lockjaws likes this.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

If the mobs con green or lower to anyone in the group they WILL NOT drop. If you're lvl 115 and want to farm these by killing you have to go to Heart of Fear as this is the only zone where they still con Light Blue to a lvl 115. If you want to use a lower lvl char to farm them, you can not have the higher lvl char in the group. Leave the higher char out of group and just leave the frags on corpse for them to loot.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Idea: Make the fragments Heirloom, so you can progress with an alt of appropriate level.
    lockjaws likes this.
  13. divirgmar Lorekeeper

I say, stop yourself from leveling and pause at maybe 105? and slaughter and spend time, maybe pump everything into AA and let the exp Rot maybe, to get the fragments while the mobs are still viable, OR, get shrouding. Work the shrouds up to a higher level so the alarian monsters are hard, might need a group so get friends to level different classes to max shrouds and at- what, 70 shroud? grind the entrance to argath- as a shroud- to get fragments. Or plan your heroic toons? Otherwise, its the pillers of alara questline.
  14. Pawtato Augur

The main contention with the Tear is the use of Trivial Loot Code. Ask yourself, would you know to stop at 105 to obtain the Fragments or would you think it was just bad RNG?

If, there was a message each time you killed an Alaran, “You were unable to retrieve the Fragment of Legendary Alaran History, and you should seek out higher level Alarans,” then it would at least show some respect towards a person’s time. As it stands currently, it’s extremely player unfriendly.

I’m fine with a grind, but at least provide some in-game feedback when using an obscure system.
    lockjaws, Yinla, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Come on, man. You've had 8 years to get this done. If it was that important, it would be already done. There's no way to frame this in your favor - there really isn't. Instead of blaming code and design, maybe take responsibility for pushing the augment off this long? 8 years...

Instead of continuing to bump this post, how many Pillars missions in could you be in at this point?

This item was meant to be torturous. Over-leveling and laying waste to entire zones does not translate to what the Developers of EverQuest had for this item. Stick to your guns on this one, Devs. Do not just hand out this reward.
  16. Pawtato Augur

You’re really triggered. I did it in VoA, so I don’t know what to tell you. You can’t penalize people for character progression in game designed around character progression.

So what's your retort? Does me doing it in era give my opinion more weight than someone that did it at 105?
    lockjaws likes this.
  17. RPoo Augur

It may be old content, but people are still making new characters, max leveling their new characters, and going back to farm this stuff. Not the character's fault it wasn't created 9 years ago when it was current.
    Kaenneth, lockjaws, Yinla and 4 others like this.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I'm only 13/20 on my tear. I simply don't care and since I also don't care about magelo, as a knight the ammo slot is useless anyway, plus I don't want to lose a type 3, no real reason to care other than just because.

If I feel like it, I can go steamroll the missions and get WAY more fragments per unit time than swarming the mobs. Just not as many per unit calendar time.

So you can very well go back and do it, its not like its blocked off forever. Just do the missions.
    Sokki likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

How does any of this help players who maybe never got as far as VoA & return later to a TLP server or Live server?

I think adding a message to kills or lore to the tear/fragments to warn of the TLC are solid suggestions & is the least that can be done to reduce frustration.

Adding some higher level Alarans & a mission or two into the game if the devs wish to retain the mob-grind/mission status for players who are now affected by the TLC would be a helpful move by them though they may also wish to keep the Tear of Alaris missions & mobs era-locked to VoA/RoF.
    lockjaws and Duder like this.
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The missions are not lvl locked, you can still do the original missions everyone else did even at lvl 115 (which are way easier at 115) and still get the same amount of frags as everyone else did when it was current.

And as I've stated idk how many times already, YOU CAN STILL KILL FOR THEM AT 115. Granted it's down to 1 zone now, maybe 3 since Heart of Fear is technically 3 different zones, but the option is still there.

Most people who start the Tear usually ask around about it before just diving in. Since this is a new problem, yeah, the first few had to learn the hard way about the Trivial Loot Code. Moving forward it won't be as big of an issue as this will become more common knowledge and the strats will adjust accordingly.