Cannot Get Quests

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ragnadork, May 10, 2020.

1. Ragnadork New Member

Playing a troll shaman. Went through tutorial and am level 13 now. I went to Grobb and am trying to pick up some quests, but I'm not getting any. Even the key words I click on after I've hailed someone aren't producing anything.

What have I missed?
  2. Vhivi Elder

Not sure if this is your issue, but I do know some of the select-able words from quest givers don't work. As an example, the newbie armor for dark elf clerics is like that. You have to type in the name of the armor yourself to get a response.
  3. Ragnadork New Member

That appears to have been it.

Thanks!
  4. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

In the tutorial part of the game, and more modern expansions, you get quests in your quest window that show progress and next steps. In the oldest parts of the game, quests weren't assigned and didn't have instructions. Grobb is an old world city and is like that. Original EQ quests involved finding weird items and trying to figure out what to do with them, with virtually no help from the game (more from the community who could find the bread crumbs that would complete a quest). Old EQ quests only really have one mechanic - item turnins. Kill or talk to NPCs who give you items, turn them in to the other dude, get next item, turn that in or farm different items, etc. Most old quests are really difficult to figure out without a player made guide.
    Raptorjesus5 and Xenze like this.