Elite recruit quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, May 10, 2020.

1. Mazame Augur

Ok Avatar of Tunare and Ambassador D'vinn are two examples but I sure there is more.

Why is the world did you make these quest require them self's to complete?

the ! on Avatar of Tunare requires Havester 5 Druid peaceful and the only one that fills this is the Avatar her self. The same thing happen to me with D'vinn you need a level 5 spy and D'vinn is the only level 5 spy.

trying to collect them all it is very frustrating that you get a quest for one your missing and you CAN'T complete because it requires it self.

The only way to get these agents is random chance on upgrade.

Why have these quest that are a pain to complete that offer a reward that is TRASH. after all Icon can only be used once and if you have to have the agent to recruit it self then the reward is good for nothing but to retire it.

Can you please tell me was this the intent of these quest? why not just say the reward is a Echo and save the step of getting the agent and just retiring it.
    Axxius, Maedhros and Yinla like this.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

Sounds like a bug to me.
  3. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

These are elite, iconic individuals. Who would possibly be better at convincing them to do menial tasks on your behalf than themselves?
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I suspect overseer quests are procedurally generated with some constraints, that might need some finetuning... that would explain a lot...:)
  5. Mazame Augur

Can someone let us know if this was intended or if it was just an over sight?
  6. Triconix Augur

7. Mazame Augur

I think what got me the most is that I am at 11/13 elites. I open my quest window to see one of the 2 elites I am missing as a quest. My first thought was Hell ya. then I click on the quest and found I couldn't even attempt it because out of the 11 elites I have none are the right match. My hell ya quickly turn into WTF.

It not like recruiter quest are offer every day and Elite ones are like maybe once every 2 weeks if your lucky and then it a slap in the face to not be able to do it and have to look at it for 12 hour till it go away.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

They definitely seem very random. On one account I got an Elite Recruit quest 3 times in 1 week, of course this happened before that account even had an Elite Agent let alone the minimum of 2 required. Now I'm up to 2 Elites on both accounts but have yet to see another Elite Recruit pop up.

On another note, the time/rewards of some of them aren't very consistent. Recently one account had a Rare Recruit Workers quest, it was 48 hours for 2 random Rares. The next day my other account got a Rare Recruit Fighters, it was only 36 hours but the reward was still 2 random Rares.

Overall, the Recruit "Type" quests all seem to be better options than the specific Recruit "Agent" ones. The specific agent quests are always 48 hours but only reward 1 agent vs the Uncommon "type" that rewards 3 random Uncommons and Rare "type" that rewards 2 random Rares. Those can show up as 36 hours as well so you get more agents in less time.

I get that the specific agent one guarantee's you get a certain agent but I've only had like 1 of those that was for an agent I didn't have yet. Most of the time it's just a double that I plan on using to convert. It would be nice if the specific named ones also gave a random agent to help keep it inline with the other recruit quests.