Warrior macros and disc/AA rotation

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Yahsha, May 6, 2020.

1. Yahsha Journeyman

In either case, glad to have that challenged. It appears, at the very least, that BG does not impede DG as much as DG may impede BG - in which case there is no reason to NOT have BG up.

Thanks, this is exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for - great inputs.
  2. Szilent Augur

there's no hit counter on Blade Whirl, nothing makes it fade early. It lasts half a minute, every time. You want a different test, you do it.
  3. Yahsha Journeyman

Confirmed, Guardian trace blocks Blade Whirl, but as I stated, its a negligible difference and does not preclude the use of BG

Will test this a couple more times just to be sure.

Couple more tests, when Guardian trace is on, Blade whirl triggers but is immediately blocked.
  4. Fintank Augur

Worth noting that Intensity of the Resolute and Auspice of the Hunter ABSOLUTELY stack. This was a change that happened a few expansions back, they do not block one another. Intensity is essentially just a +10% hit damage mod for warriors due to permanent uptime Battle Leap (45% vs 55%). Also, if you're a full Hdex warrior in a raid setting then almost all the time Mighty Strike is a waste of a button click. If you're already full crit then adding more does absolutely nothing for you. Charge Discipline on the same timer is the best to use if you're rocking full crit 99% of the time.
    Yahsha likes this.
  5. Yahsha Journeyman

You can take aggro off someone with Unending running on a raid mob. How effective it was has caught me off guard once or twice.

I think you are better served by keeping Warlord's Fury on a regular rotation to bolster all your taunts for a 30 second period on a continuous basis. For those moments when you need aggro right away, there are Taunt, AE Taunt, Ageless, etc. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the input and you offer a valid perspective. I put Fury in the bind rotation after saving it as a 'reserve' key and I prefer where it is now.
  6. Szilent Augur

too right! Big shuffle on Intensity's effect slots apparently Aug2018 ahead of TBL release! neat

I do use Charge, but I've encountered vanishingly few warriors with hDex sufficient for full crits outside the duration of Auspice+Aid. I call out Mighty Strike as it's much more effective for nearly everyone.
  7. Krool Lorekeeper

Over the last few years I've tried to get away from macros as much as possible so that I can always rotate discs and always have discs/clickies available to rotate either during a raid event or a grind group.

I do still keep one macro active though and have a multibind that goes along with it. There are two versions.

/stand
    /attack ON
    /alt activate 3732 (gut punch)
    /alt activate 801 (knee strike)
    /alt activate 552 (call of challenge but during raid I use the version that does not include this)

multi-bind has 5 keys in a separate hot bar that are linked to the above key:
    multi-bind is as follows: Shield Sunder > Aggravate > Concordant Precision (outside of raids I will manually button drag/swap for Concordant Expanse) > Oppressing Shout > Kragek's Roar.

I've found that trying to link any more than 5 abilities to the separate hotbar multi-bind will cause one or more of the abilities not to fire properly so I would recommend keeping it limited to 5. Also this order I have everything in has worked best for me up to this point in being able to mash when I want and being able to press once or twice when I want, depending on the scenario.

When I press the button once, gut punch, knee strike, and shield sunder will fire. Press it twice and aggravate will fire, etc etc. The reason for this is that if I am tanking I can basically mash or press this frequently and if I am a backup in the main tank order then I can just hit the button once when shield sunder is up so that I know I will only hit the mob with shield sunder, gut punch, and knee strike (and call of challenge if I am using group version of the macro) but not use aggravate or kragek's on it so that way I don't mess with the MT aggro on the event.

To summarize: group version uses call of challenge in the macro and Expanse in the multi-bind while the raid version uses Precision in the multi-bind hotbar and does not use call of challenge. Again I will stress that learning to rotate defensive discs and use them manually is most beneficial in the long run, however a macro/multi-bind setup like what I am using really helps with the short cooldown stuff that I want to use frequently and not have to think about. Hope this helps someone!!
    Szilent likes this.
  8. p2aa Augur

If the mob was under lvl 120 it worked.

If you are not raiding with top skilled melee DPS classes, then you won't experience what I described.
    I guarantee you that when they raise aggro so fastly one taunt will just get mob on you for 1-2 sec, then the mob will return back on them.
    Tucoh likes this.
  9. Sine_of_the_Times New Member

Have we not learned anything over the years? Posts like these, however seemingly innocent, do not benefit classes, they only hurt them. Post them else where, not on the EQ forums. Seriously, guys. Let blowhards like Tucoh toot their own horns on other threads.

Wanna learn what buttons do? Go to the new tutorial, HoT Feerott and figure them out for yourself. You can lead a horse to the pond or whatever, but you can't expect it to drink.

Bye.

EDIT: For clarity, there's a reason why the off-site zerker forums are locked. Think about it.
  10. Szilent Augur

That's primarily to exclude trolls. Those that operate that forum are pretty enthusiastic about sharing what they know to raise the global standard of berserkering (it does still need raising. just like all 15 other classes.). No one is keeping fancy berserker sekrits from developers. Even if sneaking in their own game were beneath them (it's totally not), they've been invited multiple times across many guilds to observe raids-in-progress for various reasons. There's nearly nothing hidden even from plain player logs, and nothing indeed would be hidden from dev logs in such a case.
    Tucoh likes this.
  11. The real Sandaormo Augur

You have successfully made a list of stuff warriors have. Hopefully no Warriors take it and paste it into their toon, this is all stuff they should have learned playing over the years. Warrior is very uniquely not a cut and paste class.

I think I have 1 macro I use ( an uh oh button that fires fort and ae taunt etc ), the rest is all done by hand. I like to have stuff I need available not fired off a macro connected to another disc, waiting on a timer.

That said, you can take what I say as you like, Im just some dude on a forum lol. Who is right, the guy with the 50 macros or the one with none. There probably isn't a right answer.
  12. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    But seriously, I'm just here to get better and help pass on what I've learned. I am looking forward to seeing if charm in TLP is as broken as people say though.
  13. Yahsha Journeyman

It's not a matter of being right or wrong, but sharing ideas and experience. I designed that page simply as a means of starting a conversation and am glad that it has. Folks have weighed in with their perspectives and I learned quite a few things.

In the same breath, we are all learning by having the discussion; and learning is the entire point.
  14. German Augur

Just going through and learning the timers and what the abilities/AAs do while putting them in the spreadsheet is commendable either in a raid or group mindset and gets you a leg up on many people.

Like others have stated, you're going to do a much better job not using social macros especially when you're in for a long fight. I have three, one to throw the two 10 minute AC buffs, one to tell the group I just cast Imperators Command cause they might not have a trigger, and the other to cast the eye, target it, battle leap, block and unblock the buff every time I zone or get a rez. Socials can let you down at the worst time and don't teach you what they do. All three of the ones I just listed still aggravate me from time to time.

I didn't see it the first time through your spreadsheet, but don't forget to grab the Anguish BP.

While the raid mobs in TOV eat up our consumable abilities early they are all effective to rotate them in a way where you can smooth the damage out as long as possible. Good thing that was mentioned above by another raider because yeah I've seen Dissident get eaten up a little early in the Kael raids.

A GINA or in game trigger isn't a bad idea for the consumable ones or stare at the buff icon if you like. Don't go GINA nuts though, just what you really need. I have one for Dissident, BP, and a few others so I don't waste abilities or worse stand there unprotected thinking Im covered.

Parse your damage taken, graph it and you can tell where you need to tweak things. Go find a good TBL named, a good friend on a cleric and tank it as long as possible, its not perfect but it will help you test it out without using 53 other people in your experiments. I still think the TBL named are enough of a challenge to test it out. TOV has its named to test with, but nobody is going to bother you in TBL and you should be able to fine one up with ease.

Bottom line, lots of things stack you can all out turtle mode for about a minute, but thats not really effective.
  15. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Yahsha and Thoxsel like this.
  16. Yahsha Journeyman

Not sure why it took me so long to notice this reply, but lmao!
  17. The real Sandaormo Augur

That UI makes mine seem well thought out and planned. What the hell lol
  18. Tucoh Augur

It's organic. Like a mess of thorny bushes.

It is painful to watch my old vids after i made a change to use gina bars for my boxed characters instead of audio alerts. I never want to hear gina say "see" or "far" ever again.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

I found the spreadsheet helpful, but I was wondering if there was a video(s) out there walking people through rotations and such in different settings. I am more a visual/audio learner, so if I could see the stuff on the spreadsheet in action that would be great.