Rizlona or Aradune (longterm)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Maehix, May 9, 2020.

1. Maehix New Member

Here is my dilemma, I want to play this next set of TLP for at least up to GoD. I'm totally fine running one character and one account but... A second box could come in handy, like a chanter.

I've already decided to run a cleric as my main but I don't have a second laptop/computer to two box with. My concern is in which server is the best bet in finding groups/guild without being stuck to just boxing. I'm coming back to play with people not just box by myself.

Just trying to decide on which would be better, but also trying to find oit if I'm running cleric wether or not I even need the second account.
  2. Old_Timer Journeyman

I'm in the same boat. It would be absolutely ideal for my situation if they would allow boxing on one pc on Aradune. I just want to have a cleric/druid box, but don't want to do it on two computers.
    Barthorn and Sithil like this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You'll likely have a more enjoyable time playing the cleric as a single account on Aradune, server stability/queues aside for the first couple weeks. Aradune should have at least a year's worth of life in it, and chances are you will be tired of playing the cleric by that point anyway, so you can re-evaluate if you want to continue playing there or swap servers (or start on TLP 2021).
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  4. Kobra Augur

This is my biased opinion but I am a solo boxer and I am playing on Rizlona. I think it will have longer life than Aradune.

Having the option to box to me will always outweigh not having that option.

We have a great guild on Rizlona called Deconstructing Gods, you can check out our post in the guild recruitment forum. We have plenty of single/duo/trio boxers in the guild and some of us have already created groups of single boxers to level up.

I think we already have a great tight knit community and we haven't even launched yet. I think it bodes well for the longevity of the server.
    Skuz and Vicus like this.
  5. code-zero Augur

You may want to start a character on Rizlona as well. There's no True Box there
  6. Pawtato Augur

Classic to GoD - Aradune
    GoD to Live - Rizlona
  7. Kanuvan Elder

the raiding demographic will be on aradune up to POP then they will quit, rizlona will have plenty of krono mining bots inflating its population count so you can go there to feel like you are playing with other people when you are not, pick your poison
  8. Beep Elder

Why would krono farmers go to the less populated, more convenient server with more competition? Kronos don't drop off of mobs in the world, they come from other players who buy them for real money.
    Skuz and jeskola like this.
  9. Sollix Journeyman

Unless you plan on using cheating software to be on the same level as most Rizlona players, or offering your booty cheeks to some mass boxer on Rizlona I'd strongly suggest avoiding it. It will be plagued with people who have scripted their boxed party to play while they sit back drinking beer and playing with their belly button. Aradune will have far less dirty cheaters.
  10. Maehix New Member

Ty all for your input, Aradune it is.
  11. Kanuvan Elder

Because there will be real players on both servers, untill POP just like aradune and after that it will fall off, but rizlona boxers will have ways to mass farm all those haste and pre bis caster items that the hardcore rizlona raiders will want

the only diffrences is that rizlona will be full of bots after POP whill aradune will just be dead after pop, same amount of people will be trading in krono on both servers
  12. Thalliius Augur

Aradune will probably be the better server until PoP, and then they'll release a new TLP and everyone will desert that server as they have all the TLP before it, so they can go start over on a new classic start to reset their Krono machine

Riz will be good all the way until Live, because its a non-truebox server with AOCs that will go to Live.. and those botters will likely make good group mates in later expansions, whereas Aradune will be a ghost town with hardly any group opportunities
    Templora and Skuz like this.
  13. Machen New Member

This is true, and also a shame. Right around the time clerics are bored out of their minds from a year+ of cheal chains, those stop being a thing, and clerics start getting more and more healing options and become much more interesting to play.
    Skuz and Vicus like this.
  14. KrayolaKrayons New Member

Here is the deal. You got to focus on one character. I myself have struggled with making alts and boxed toons, and you really paint yourself into a corner. I say play the cleric and if you find yourself out of a group, find a side hustle, tradeskill are one of the the ways you can generate money for upgrading gear, play the tunnel game buying low selling high. Buff newbs, help young players. You will find yourself with a well geared awesome character. If you jump around on alts all the time, you will eventually lag behind on your primary toon, and also be overwhelmed with all you want to accomplish with the alts. Just throwing that out there. Could save you some issues on burning out or getting frustrated with the game. Good luck on Aradune!
  15. Gnothappening Augur

You also run a lot lower chance of being caught in a false positive or minimum wage GM ban wave on Riz.
  16. Arog Augur

Well said Krayola.
  17. mark Augur

resubbed 6 accounts today for a year and will play and raid on rizlona,why a year ? so i dont get tagged as a krono lord also if you dont buy or use kronos you aint a farmer.
    Wyndar and Skuz like this.
  18. jeskola pheerie

For some reason, a chunk of players see non Truebox as the world after Skynet and the machines took over. It's really weird. They don't realize that most of the servers in the server list are non-truebox.
    Foaming and Skuz like this.
  19. TheDohn Augur

Riz will be "active" longer, because 6 people boxing 12 characters each and calling it a "guild" is what an EQ server looks like in the long term. All 2 of the guilds recruiting for that server's launch will probably still be around for the long haul, under that definition.
  20. Jontrann Augur

This is the only right answer.
    Skuz likes this.