Aradune Corpse Runs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by YttriumF, May 7, 2020.

1. Rekreant New Member

They havent been since coirnav lol.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

No.
    Barton, Whoops and Skuz like this.
  3. BlingBling Journeyman

Yeah I do think corpse runs are a net negative in general. I lost all the gear to my first character because I couldn't get it back. Then I created a cleric so I could always rez myself and others, haha.

It adds a certain level of risk, but I don't know any new gamer that has this mechanic in it. It's just too tough to control, and there are some times were it wasn't the players fault. Corpses stuck in walls or couldn't be summoned, etc.. It would be a nightmare on so many levels.

It was a fun historical aspect of this game that not many believe is a good re-addition 22 years later. (My first corpse run was in Beta4 in 98, SCARY stuff as an ogre with all those lizards around, haha)
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Kanuvan Elder

if you want community only way is a no box no krono server, yes i said it
  5. Protagonist Tank

It's beyond nonsense to believe eliminating krono would eliminate the grey or black market RMT behavior.
    Tucoh, Moege, Ayoheee and 1 other person like this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Going beyond nonsense is kind of the eq community's specialty.

Allow me to demonstrate
  7. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

They'd have a better chance of removing MOTM while reverting SK and Mage changes to fippy levels before krono comes out of TLPs. I'd wager they make more money than the marketplace items in classic, why even bother replying to these guys?
  8. Zargo Journeyman

A server named Aradune should have corpse runs and be PoP locked with No Krono allowed. That's just my unpopular opinion though. Please don't spam me with 30 replies telling me why I'm wrong. It's just my opinion and I wanted to throw it out there. That imho would have respected Brad and the Aradune name and would have been a hell of a server worth playing on.
    Aenvar likes this.
  9. Arog Augur

No corpse runs. If you wanted it to be more challenging, then you have a better chance of an increased experience penalty for death to get accepted by the TLP community than corpse runs. I like to enjoy the game with a bit of challenge. I can't think of one corpse run that I enjoyed.
  10. sumnayin Augur

I wouldn't mind corpse runs. The only reason I hated it on P99 Green the first month was because I got tired of waiting on the boats which wouldn't be an issue on the TLP.
  11. Tachya Elder

You want a more classic/hardcore/how-Aradune-would've-done-it server..... with krono??? That doesn't add up, dude.
  12. Qbert Gallifreyan

For me, that was the first time I played Resident Evil on the ol' PS1.
  13. Moege Augur

Thanks for the laugh....
  14. Tidwaller New Member

I actually benefited from a bug during a corpse run. When OG EQ was first release, i died during a Crushbone train, i had some really good gear for that time. SBD, Crushbone tunic, crested spaulders, crested helm, etc... Well i was running back for my corpse after i died and the server crashed. Once they came back up, i still had all my gear AND my corpse had all my gear too, so i got duplicates of all of it. It was quite epic.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Duping mechanics connected to corpses were well-known in certain circles, and in all probability was one of the reasons items are no longer left on corpses.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. sumnayin Augur

Off Topic but I had something like this happen before EQ...back in UO. There was a GM event outside Britain at the cemetery with the undead. The main boss was a lich that cursed you down to 1 Str/Int/Dex which for most people meant 99str 99int and 24dex. I did stuff in town and like 30 minutes later the curse was still on me so I petitioned. A GM reset my stats to 100/100/25 and then some time later the curse left so I had 199/199/49 which is double the max. I was a pk'er also so I had fun killing a few people, apparently 199 INT made me resist every spell so some people I fought reported me and a GM fixed it....I wish I could have kept that forever unnoticed
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

There were some cases in the past of some people losing their corpse and all their gear, and committing some self harm afterwards.. Corpse runs are a found memory for many ppl, but its a mechanic that saw peoples real lives altered in a negative way.
  18. Gio1999 Augur

If you want people to lose gear on a server reset that would be enough for me to just laugh at you and play another game along with likely 99% of players.... that other 1% would cry bloody murder if it ever happened to them also.

Hard, but fair is the mantra. Not hard for the sake of it.
  19. code-zero Augur

My fondest memory of a corpse run was that time when my guild was going to the Warrens and I was in Gfay. Ran all the way at Selo's speed and then just as I was approaching the zone line to the Warren's one of those skeleton guards aggro'd on me and to make a long story short I died.

Yep, good times! After that my friends and I all pitched in to have a Cleric box to handle rezzes and it wasn't too long before we were all boxing.

So, in our case corpse runs led directly to boxing.

Of course a few months later one of them began selling on Ebay and put together a 6 box crew to camp more goodies to sell on Ebay using the money to buy multiple computers and all the support gear needed.

So, in that case corpse runs contributed to RMT
  20. Silver-Crow Augur

Look, there's a simple answer to all this, that requires zero code changes and keeps everyone happy.

It goes like this:

Those that don't like corpse runs carry on as before.

Those that like corpse runs... when you respawn... take off all your gear and you're not allowed to put it on again until you're at your corpse or have been rezzed. If you can't get your corpse for any reason then immediately delete all of your belongings.

There...

Problem solved :)
    Kuffs, auto21, Bigz_Zupdarty and 3 others like this.