DPG stating Aradune will be policed. Means....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheDorfUnderlord, May 7, 2020.

1. TheDorfUnderlord New Member

It will be the most Toxic dumpster fire to ever exist... Box Armies and Pick jumpers will be 10x worse than Mangler, because you challenged them.

It's not a prediction... It's a spoiler.
    Pawtato likes this.
  2. Protagonist Tank

3. Zansobar Augur

When you change picks it puts you at the zone entrance/safe point not in the same location you are in the other pick so pick jumping should be quite a bit reduced.
  4. Arugan Lorekeeper

I've seen a few people make this argument. I have to admit, I just can't understand why anyone who DOESN'T want to cheat would make threads like this.

I will happily give DPG the chance to succeed at GM enforcement. Worst case, they fail, and it becomes like any other TLP past.

I reiterate: the only people complaining about GM enforcement HAVE to be people who want to cheat. Most likely people who have cheated on previous TLPs, and want to do so again.
    Bullsnooze and KimchiGoddess like this.
  5. KrayolaKrayons New Member

They can hardcode some enforcement, the 2 character limit thing will be a huge boon if it's possible. Pickzones putting you at safe point too. Obviously the OP is trolling trying to get people to bite. But this kinda attitude is why people get scared to return to the game. Just stop and let the Dev team do its job. Then you can rant and rave if it turns out bad.
    Disil likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Any other "spoilers"? Next week's Lottery numbers would be great.

Thanks for all your great work, it's so nice to see an intellectual colossus share their super-original ideas, that nobody has ever had or shared on these forums before, nope siree not even once, definitely has not ever been done before, never happened even one time, with us mere mortals......
  7. Creedmonk Augur

Well no, they didn't say that it will be "policed" what they did say is :
    Which if we know anything about history and history of petitions, the GM(s) are going to get quickly backlogged and there's going to be mayhem on the server and forums.
  8. Beep Elder

Already got 5-6 other people ready to autofollow folks on aradune. It's gonna be the greatest server of all time.
  9. urbanbo70 Elder

I love your optimism ...

I see it as the opposite challenging the GM's instead. They will want this server to run clean in Brad's honor.
  10. Pawtato Augur

The biggest question is how many GMs? You need 5 per server to run a good DuPont schedule, otherwise it doesn’t fix things.
  11. Febb Augur

1 GM per server. Each working an 8 hour shift on California time.

I can already see their queue being full of petitions of things that aren't against the rules. If the GM's are smart, they'll just file those petitions straight into the trash to save a bunch of time.
    KimchiGoddess and Pawtato like this.
  12. DeseanJackson Augur

13. mark Augur

well if your on follow the gm can say you were afk on another player and ban you
    Barton likes this.
  14. Disil Journeyman

I love how adorably naive this is. You assume there's just going to be an autoban on the character you want to grief. Doesn't account for the GM using tools of any kind to identify IP addresses, CIDs, or actually taking a minute to check with the person being autofollowed.

And even if a kneejerk autoban DOES happen, let's review that neat little agreement from playing on Aradune:

Not going to get a whole lot of value for the time investment when the friends get banned, too. Wording is important here too. They aren't saying "Banned from playing on Aradune"; they're saying suspensions/bans on the accounts. No guarantee that your friends won't screw their whole account over.

Enjoy your time on Aradune. ;)
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I can't find the post but I saw one of the staff mention they had onboarded 4 people to be serving as GM for these servers so presumably that's 2 per.
  16. Machen New Member

I bet it's a pool that will serve both rather than split up. It wouldn't make sense to have the same number serving Rizlona, the need there will be much lower.

Also, 4 staff and a supervisor is what it would take to give 24/7/365 coverage. If it really is four, that's a good sign. Of course, they may just have them all work 8-5.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Kittany Augur

I find it ironically funny that the community at large has been asking for even a fraction of what is being promised for years and when they finally do it, a small percentage of the community is bucking against the idea.

I'm skeptical of course, but it amazes me as well that that there are some people like the OP that doesn't seem to care and instead just seems to want drama *shakes head*
    Bullsnooze and KimchiGoddess like this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think its easy to forget how many layoffs the EverQuest team has had to endure & the decline the game had prior to the re-invigoration the TLP brought. A lot of stuff happened since we last had GM in game, so much so in fact it really should be looked at as if we never had them before.

All I can say is, whether it proves to work & is cost-effective or not at least DPG have been bold enough to try it.

I really hope it proves to work & also to be cost-effective so that GM support can be maintained on these 2 & on future TLP.
    Chatoyan, Bullsnooze and Kittany like this.
  19. Smallhands Elder

I'm thinking what they are planning long term is GM support on new TLP servers for 12 months, then the GM's will be recycled to the next 2 servers opening up. This would give constant GM support to the crowd that likes to recycle the older content every year. They would probably want to keep having the free to play at least once per year to get new blood into the game & hooked to help offset GM costs.

They may even leave 1 GM per server after the year, which would increase GM costs over time, however if they keep bringing in new players that wind up buying krono, I think it would be worth it for them. $30k low level salary = 1765 krono sold over a year on their website. I have no idea what they pay GMs, just a quick math example to break even on GM costs.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Beep Elder

I never once mentioned an autoban feature. How adorably naive you are to assume this though. I do however assume that if someone sees a character with 10+ autofollows that they will be reported.