best way to lvl 12 boxes on ritzlona ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wildone, May 7, 2020.

1. wildone Elder

No i am not a farmer i will 12 box and raid only with my warrior and 2clerics ,why the 12 boxes you say?,that way i can spin up a new pick for myself and guildies also have all the buffs etc.
    i dont use automation i only use inner space,so what is the best way to lvl the 12 legit in classic?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Kill monsters. What are you expecting?
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Qeynos to 4, Black Burrow to 10, Befallen to 18, Najena to 25, Permafrost to 30, Mistmore to 35, SolB to 42, The Hole to 50!
  4. Zithax Elder

My good man, gather round, and I will tell you the tale of the path to 50.

As you awaken, stumbling to your feet, you are thrown into a human warrior, two human clerics, and 12 human magicians. Quickly, you tab through all of your characters typing /follow wildone, because you do not use automation and I don't know what inner space is. Finally you begin to make your way out to the newbie yards, but several bots become entangled on wall geometry! In a fit of panic, you manually run each stuck magician back to your warrior and autofollow. "Phew, now that's over, time to grind!" you think.

You've finally reached the newbie yards. Out of the corner of your eye, a bat makes its way near. "Ha ha, time for easy pickings" you say under your breath so as not to startle the bat but maintain narrative cohesion, "time to strike!" as you dart to the bat. Twelve /pet attack commands one auto attack, one kick, one taunt, and two minor healing's later, you strike gold: "You have gained raid experience!!" That yellow text never felt so good. You check the time, it's been an hour already and you've gotten 2% on each character.

Smirking, you remark to yourself, "this is very efficient"
  5. No PK Please New Member

Raiding on Rizlona seems like its going to suck in a way because if you are boxing 6+ characters why would you want to declare anything but your tank as your raid main?
  6. Machen New Member

Already giving up the race here...
  7. a_librarian Augur

Ritzlona vs Rizlona is the real question at hand in this thread
    Tucoh, Foaming and Machen like this.
  8. Machen New Member

You don't need a raid geared tank to lead your group in any of the first ~25 expansions. It makes things a little easier, in some expansions, but with all the mitigation improvements etc a group geared tank does just fine in most single group content.
  9. No PK Please New Member

I mean you yourself are playing a Warrior there, even if you aren't going to be boxing initially, your tank is going to be your raid main.
  10. mark Augur

innerfire his part of isoboxer
  11. Machen New Member

I've played a melee main before in a boxing environment. Tank main is slightly more convenient but a guild can't be made up of all tank mains. It will all be fine.
  12. lockjaws Augur

You're paying $120/month to spin up your own instances? So what, people can come in to your instance and take it over?
  13. Lurka New Member

I found the best way to level was, level your first group, this must include a druid and bard for power level. Then level the second, adding more buffers to make the next set easier.

By the time you have a few groups it takes no time at all.

I run 54 now, a bard in each group. I'd also recommend a porter in each group for classic.
    Tucoh and HoodenShuklak like this.
  14. Protagonist Tank

Refining this a little.

Tox forest to 4, Crushbone to 10, Blackburrow to 15, Lavastorm to 18, SKarana to 20, Najena to 25, Permafrost to 30, Mistmore to 35, LGuk to 37, SolB to 42, back to LGuk to 43, Hole to 45, then OOT to 50.

Much more in line with the vision of a 12 box efficiency.
    BlingBling likes this.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

When you box that much zoning and travel is the real hard part of the game. Just do the guks from 10 to 45.

But seriously someone mentioned getting a druid in group 1 then doing others later. I would probably do that too because power leveling from a druid out of group is fantastic. Thorns and regen make the grind to 30 trivial, and after that they just take any regular pug into a very solid group.
  16. sumnayin Augur

Not to mention 12 isn't enough to make your pick lol...a lot of zones take 40+ characters and if you have 28+ other people...they are going to move to yours until the picks are even,
    lockjaws and Tucoh like this.
  17. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Yeah, that's much more efficient!
  18. Tucoh Augur

I've never done TLP so sorry if this is a joke but aren't you going to spend more time traveling than leveling?
  19. Protagonist Tank

It was a joke, yes. I gave a leveling path that only an extremely foolish person would follow, then said that path was perfectly suited to someone who wanted to 12 box.
    Foaming and Tucoh like this.
  20. Tucoh Augur

Im looking at it thinking, "oh man, protagonist is spreading some wisdom here, that is way more involved than my plan, i had better write thi..... Wait a second....."