TLP NOOB

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nakoda, May 7, 2020.

1. Nakoda Lorekeeper

so i played on agnarr as a cleric no boxing or anything. Question is i never understood how boxing work or buying and selling krono (i never have even had a krono) How does one that really has not a clue what they are doing farm Krono so i don't have to pay for my account each month and how do people play more then 1 toon at a time? What class can i solo with and what can i solo to make some money this time around? How hard is it to play more then one toon at a time. what is a good easy combo if i can figure how to play more then 1 toon at a time.

This is not a troll post i'm asking for help so all you toxic people please just skip over this post and move on with your life.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You'll see people in the EC tunnel buying or selling krono for plat. Just farm up some plat and buy a krono or a few. You'll see krono as cheap as 100pp early and rise as demand and supply change.

There is a person who hosts a website called: https://tlpauctions.com/ that is pretty good for most people to allow you see sales of items and goods as a resource.

Early on any class that can solo well will allow you to save for a few krono in the first 60 days.

Most likely if you are solo; necro, druid, shaman, mage.
    Nakoda likes this.
  3. Sikkun Augur

Clerics can totally solo FBSS for Krono the first couple months.
    Nakoda likes this.
  4. Nakoda Lorekeeper

what are some good places to farm plat i've never really played the classic end of the game
  5. Mrjon3s Augur

How is it you played on agnarr and didn't see anyone selling krono for plat? Just main a cleric and get in a money camp group. Win rolls and trade platinum for krono in EC. Krono is just an item that you consume.
  6. Sikkun Augur

FBSS, Efreeti Boots, Undead in The Hole. Some other camps in Guk also. That’s for items....the toxic plat farm itself will be Rathe Mountain hill giants and ice giants outside permafrost.

Always trade your plat for krono when you can though, Krono prices will keep going up over time.
  7. Hinastorm86 Augur

All of these will be highly contested and toxic.
    Especially as a newer player, I suggest you go after lesser things. The P99 wiki has a few decent farming guides.
  8. Sikkun Augur

Most the Guk ones are leveling farms...so deff places to check out while leveling and some of the most logical places to be leveling. But there will be tons of picks. Undead is usually pretty easy to get because lots of groups don’t like going that far into the hole.

You don’t have a lot of options, but I made around 20 Krono soloing FBSS as a cleric on Mangler without that much effort (will be a little harder with the pick change). I usually allowed people to take the rest of the camp for XP once I got it, offered rez, healed etc. Often would invite people for XP only (they knew FBSS went to me) and then gave them the camp when I was done. Learn how to use advanced loot tool and no one can break your agreements, but I didn’t really have any problems.

If you want some Krono, it’s there to be made.
  9. Nakoda Lorekeeper

i started when PoP came out and the prices where very high and i never had that much plat to buy them. I never said i did not know how to buy them.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you just save your plat from grouping and invest in krono you'll be able to squirrel away a few. But if you insist on buying overpriced GEBs you'll pay for it.

The quicker you get to like 40 plus the easier the plat gets, just constantly convert plat to krono.
  11. Hinastorm86 Augur

Were you pick jumping and sniping it from groups camping in the area? Not judging, just kinda curious. I find it weird that you were able to pick jump farm FBSS as a solo player. I'm aware of the pick change.

He was mostly talking about solo farming, which is why I pointed out how poorly a soloer will do in the camps you mentioned.

@nakoda as for playing more than 1 character, it's heavily going to matter which server you're picking. It requires learning how to use some software, but if you're going to be on Rizlona, running your own group will be very doable.
  12. Sikkun Augur

I picked around until I found the camp open and then held it. Never stole the camp from any active groups, had a couple mages try and steal it once or twice.....but cleric undead nuke wins at that camp lol.

Sometimes I picked for 20-30 minutes and they were all camped, but found it open often enough to be worth it.
  13. Nakoda Lorekeeper

rizlona is going to be the big farming server it looks like i don't think i can do that when ill only be able to play 1 or 2 toons unless i'm reading something wrong .
  14. Hinastorm86 Augur

Most of the population will be on Aradune, which is 2 characters max "per person", and only 1 character per computer. Both of these rules will be widely broken.

All the power farmers will be on Aradune because that is where the krono will be. Boxing more than 2 legit on Aradune will be a huge pain the in butt.

Rizlona is essentially the wild west when it comes to boxing. The only official restriction is that you need to be at your keyboard while playing. There are 2 main software programs people will use to box, one 100% legit, the other involves some automation and is kind of a grey area, although apparently no one has been banned for using it on non-truebox servers for a long time.

Rizlona won't only be boxers, there are people playing there who will only be playing one at first, but like having the option to box without restrictions down the road. Rizlona will almost certainly have a healthy population longer than Aradune (past PoP).

TLDR: If you're just wanting to play solo and group with other people, Aradune is probably a better fit. If you want the option to box, now or later, Rizlona is a better fit. Both servers will have krono-lords looking to make a buck (aradune will have more though), both servers will have toxicity over contested camps.
  15. Spayce Augur

They cost $9-$10. If you can't afford that I would suggest not wasting time playing video games and getting a source of additional income.
  16. TLPman Augur

there is the first troll post i was waiting to see how long it would take lmao.

PS you cant buy krono for 9-10 dollars you can and will get ban i think the GM should look over Spayce account what does everyone else think lmfao