Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Winnowyl, May 6, 2020.

1. Pawtato Augur

Your comment was so petty and such a mischaracterization of the feedback from this thread. Arguing against some fictional player that was advocating AFK grinding was insulting to the rest of us trying to create a solution. Grinding mobs is a viable and intended path that drops off abruptly without warning.

The trivial loot code penalizes character progression on a game designed around character progression. At the same time, it’s a hidden mechanic that is deceptive towards players and causes them to waste endless hours. It’s all around bad design, but instead of directing your feedback towards productive conservation you went the opposite route.
    Vuplar Endoscribe and dreadlord like this.
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah, from what I've heard this zone still has light blue alarans that you can grind at 115 (I haven't gone out to confirm this yet). It was a popular grind spot originally as it had the highest % chance for a drop but the mobs were a little tougher.

With the mobs conning so low now, saving frags probably won't have as big of an impact, but I would still recommend holding onto them for at least the first few lvls. Those first few went really quick just from kills and even with only light blues you should still get a few lvls evolved from killing before you have enough frags to take you to max.
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

So what direction did we want this to go? I mean if I play the game my way I guess that’s different than if you play it one way. So play how you want, I dont get two fu**ks. But asking for something to be given to them is absolutely absurd. Also if people want to sit and grind, be it afk or not, more power to you if you enjoy .1% of the game. Go have fun, be boreing.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or the Trivial Loot Code could just go away. It is rather archaic and of doubtful benefit after all.
    Velisaris_MS, Fanra, lockjaws and 2 others like this.
  5. Pawtato Augur

I like how you use the term “given,” it’s such a troll word. Asking for them to maintain the same path by removing trivial loot code or adding it to Overseer as a catch-up mechanism is a win for people.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Given given given
    Gimme gimme gimme
    Pay to win pay to win pay to win

Didnt Negrth already say no to it for overseer? If someone really wanted to do this, they would do it prior to being 115... but what do I know.
  7. Pawtato Augur

Why would you do it prior to hitting 115? How would you know the tablets stop dropping? You’re having a breakdown over people wanting the progression path maintained that was used for years, and/or adding it to their new system to generate usage.
    Winnowyl, Yinla and lockjaws like this.
  8. lockjaws Augur

So as you progress in levels, half of the ability to obtain these is removed. Awesome.
    Winnowyl and dreadlord like this.
  9. Pawtato Augur

I just want to point out how “difficult” you had it grinding out your tear.

-Obtained the Tear after the XP reduction —- check
    -Out leveled/AA/Gear for the content —- check
    -Able to grind mobs for experience —- check
    -Able to grind mobs for tablets —- check
    -Able to do missions for tablets —- check

So, please preach more about all the options, accessibility, and nerfs that you benefited from as hard work? People want a solution to the trivial loot code either remove it or add alternate options via Overseer.
    dreadlord and lockjaws like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we get some Alarans in the next expansion instead then? Pretty please. :)
    Fanra and lockjaws like this.
  11. lockjaws Augur

Unless they just started a new character, and didn't want to stop for 2 months in the 90-110 range to grind out a 5% defense item.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

So I just checked and the Alarans in Heart of Fear are still Light Blue at 115. So if you're dead set on just grinding mobs to get the Tear than head there and have at it. You can still get Frags from killing.

After completing it on 2 toons I was perfectly fine seeing those appear on the Overseer Merchant at an appropriate price for people to use to catch up but that's been confirmed as not happening. If you want the Tear put in the work you still have both options as before to get it done.
    Barton and Fanra like this.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im amazed someone hasn't been perma-farming crestra in OT yet...:p
  14. Intenso Augur

What happens if you kill in group with lower level ? Will alaran drop be better if lower level alt agro on Mob?
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Hi Ngreth.

While I think its a shame the team feels this way I respect the decision, however I think there's a legitimate argument for adding some information to the lore on the Tear(s) & Fragment(s) to inform players about the TLC on these items & how that affects them since TLC is a very rarely used thing & you would not automatically expect it on this.

While outside resources are available an in game one for those who don't use those would be worthwhile & should only take a few minutes to do.
    Fanra, dreadlord and lockjaws like this.
  16. lockjaws Augur

No. Because the mob is green or grey con to the highest level in the group, fragments have a 0% chance to drop. Had a 90s alt in a group of 114-115s and after 12 hours of SL arena, I had 0 fragments drop.

I moved to HoF: Epicenter and so far 0 from the ghosts or believers, which are all light blue con to 115, after 2 hours of clearing the center and the rooms to the southwest which have the level 102 believers.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Just as an FYI (this was at L100) I would camp Alarans in SL for 8 hour stretches in the process of grinding out the Tear & gathering fragments.

I on several occasions only got 1 per stretch but usually I would see 2 I had also seen as many as 8 in a 8 hour stretch but that happened only once or twice over the solid 5 weeks I was dedicated to this, I wasn't doing the Pillars missions because I was levelling alts/aa while I hunted for fragments to make it more productive, I did however gain a few from missions others ran they were kind enough to task add me to.
  18. lockjaws Augur

Finally got a fragment from a vile believer after 3 hours of clearing them.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I did it not current, still LB and green mobs. I did the missions, as often as I could. Once you get them figured out, it goes quite smooth. I’m not the one calling for a nerf. I am advocating that it remains the same and not be put on the overseer. Again, you want it, go get it.

And yes if you have a new toon you want it on, why not swarm the zones for the exp and take the drops as you get them... sometimes the general public amazes me on how needy and wanty people become. Enjoy the game, go play, go have fun. Quit the whining and greed.
  20. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Forgot, you must be max level to do everything. Guess you missed the part where you can do stuff prior to 115.

And what does my guild have to do with anything, grow up.