Test Maintenance 05/05/2020

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 5, 2020.

1. KodiaKSE New Member

Man, Test has been down over 10 times in the last 48 hours =( getting a bit annoying losing progress from rollback.
  2. Poops_McGilicudy New Member

so sad. wheres the accountability?? Think o f the chirldren. I needa barf
  3. Ardus New Member

Test is still down/locked as of 8:21 a.m. CST, showed up on Daybreak server status until just a minute ago, any updates on this?
  4. Letireur New Member

Are they aware of that situation? Some will say : Of course they know! Are they , since there is no msg saying they do, and there is no communication at all. I taught in 2020 it wouldnt be too much of a problem saying to there customer what is going on ... but Nnnnnooooooo , seems way to hard.
  5. Scrap Overseer New Member

Scrap Overseer
    Hendar likes this.
  6. KodiaKSE New Member

Down again.. what a huge surprise..
  7. Letireur New Member

omg seriously ?!
  8. Tirpitz New Member

Imagine for a moment if a Dev or Community Manager got on here and said;

"We are working on the issues we are having with the Test server. This has taken longer than we expected. We apologize for the extended delay. We will have it back up as quickly as possible."

This 0 communication stuff is extremely unprofessional. I'm not upset the servers are down. I'm annoyed by the utter lack of communication. I guess I've just been spoiled by other Dev teams over the last few years who take the extra step to communicate regularly with their player-base.
    TheDeacon likes this.
  9. KodiaKSE New Member

Exactly this, I know I play on test but I still do pay a monthly Sub for the game. It would be nice to hear SOMETHING about whats happening, especially since this has been a ongoing issue over the last few days.

It's also prob a safe assumption that they are reading this.. why not take the time to respond.
    Tirpitz likes this.
  10. Jarok Journeyman

11. KodiaKSE New Member

Test back up, then down/locked after 20 minutes.. this is getting unprofessional
  12. Letireur New Member

they need to do something about it , seriously

i know it is test ... but , common ...
  13. Letireur New Member

and the server status saying it is up .... omg ... it is just not up lol
  14. Tirpitz New Member

Status: 5/7/2020 11:18 PDT - We are currently investigating a potential issue with server: Test Server

That's a start. Thank you!
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

But is it really a "potential" issue? This canned message needs to be scrapped.
  16. niente Developer

Still looking at Test issues, thanks for your patience. I am really sorry it has been down so much over the past few days.

It looks like a character logging in with bad data may be crashing the server, but we haven't figured out who or what it is yet. The Test server has a lot of bad data in the DB that can cause critical issues (like crashing). We haven't had a chance to clean it up yet. Most of this data originates from the /testcopy command.
    Chikkin, Barton, Skuz and 6 others like this.
  17. Hendar Augur

Thanks. Your feedback is exactly what we needed to hear. Good luck tracking that down.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you, and thank you for the tidbit about testcopy. Being a near ignoramus about databases I appreciate the "look behind the curtain".
  19. niente Developer

We found the issue - Test is now up and unlocked.

Thanks again for your patience.
  20. Ardus New Member

Thank you for the feedback, this is much appreciated!