Could an 85 Heroic wiz and mage take on the Avatar of War?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by sulph0r, May 4, 2020.

1. sulph0r New Member

2 Returning player(s) with an axe to grind in Kael Drakkel
    But it's been well over a decade for both of us

What sort of build out and mercs would the community recommend
    (On a live server)

Thanks for any discussion and advise this posting
    Fosters
  2. Monkman Augur

Your biggest problem will be finding him up.

He is perma killed on most servers.

Otherwise any lvl 85 should have no problem killing him
  3. Magickon Augur

If you want to kill it for and grins, just /testcopy. You can use aoc's on test.
    Tatanka likes this.
  4. Zinth Augur

if you used those heroic on Phinny you could just pop an instance and grind that summoned axe... Phinny is "nearly" up to live (few more expansions to go) currently in TDS lvl 105 max
  5. sulph0r New Member

So is permadeath on live servers as well?
    It's been over 15 years...
  6. Funky Augur

yeah, a lot of the old world raid bosses are near perma-camped... AoW, all of VT, Emp Ssra, trakanon, gore, all the PoP progression.. just to name a few.
  7. sulph0r New Member

Perma camped or Killed for live?
    Was not sure if you meant it can only be killed once or it is camped all the time

8. Funky Augur

i just mean it's camped all the time. there are random people that have toons camped there and keep up with the last time whichever mob was killed so they can log in and kill it again. i couldn't tell you how many days/hours ive wasted sitting in VT and a few others waiting on something to spawn and never see it. 99% of them really dont have anything of value beyond a low alt you dont plan to level, random fancy clickies.

so having a mob that spawns once every 3-5 or 7 days + or - 12 hours is tough to find up
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A lot of the "old world" Raid bosses which featured tradeable loot are perma-camped/killed on Live servers for those items as they have high tribute values.

Maybe that's why the Devs have not decided to roll out AoC to live servers, or maybe they only wanted them in for TLP to alleviate raid-guild competition & just didn't take them away after the server moved past that content.

I'm a big advocate of rolling out AoC to the live servers as a QoL improvement myself.
    Also I am in favour of some "targeted" AoC enabling for zones that are getting bottle-necked by selfish perma-campers, even in the current live expansion.
  10. Buri Augur

So true... I tried to get the masks from the Momma Terepta and Sleepers dragons for literally years. Finally got them both, on leftovers. Still don't have the barbarian one (from AoW too), sorta gave up on it.
    Funky likes this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Fosters the monk? From Noble Blade?

If so, /wave from Abazzagorath (slight spelling change, over on Xegony now). Lithaem says hi too.
  12. Funky Augur

many of the old world raid bosses dont have much for tradeable items, there are a few tho.

i would personally LOVE having the AoC on live servers. even if they gave them a 7 day lockout.. at least i would have a chance to see whichever raid mob it is. i know i tried getting the human illusion from VT for YEARS. never was able to get it till a guildy found him up about a week ago and it dropped. (luckily he didn't want/need it). also severilous in wakening lands... i dont think i've seen him up since velious was current content

as far as an AoC for a static zone... not for it. not saying i dont see a benefit to it.. but i also see potential exploiting of it.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

When you already have some bot/army teams blocking people for some content I don't see another way of combating that. It isn't happening on every server all the time of course, but when report after report is failing to get anything done to stop these bad actors you have to think about whether a way to go around them is better than trying to get them dealt with.

I'm sure if you ran into this problem yourself you may shift your perspective on it.
  14. Funky Augur

oh trust me, my server has a group of those. most of the time tho, if you go around him or start killing near him, his toons gate (this doesn't always happen tho).

it's just the amount of time/resources it would take for devs to put in a AoC for a static zone isn't worth it to me when there is tons of other things in the game that need to be fixed/worked on. then the programming of how the static zone would be populated. will mobs respawn, will it be random chance on named, etc etc.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

AoC Instances require less resource than pickzones do, mainly because the server recovers ram from them far easier.
  16. Hegsheoshed Augur

Severilous in Wakening Lands! There should be a special achievement for that. Like King of Everquest.
    Funky likes this.