Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Winnowyl, May 6, 2020.

1. Pawtato Augur

You just gotta post on the forums and hope that one of the EQ historians has the answer. Anyways, you wasted 5 hours for a design that’s working as intended. How do you feel?
    Micaiah likes this.
  2. DillyBar Augur

This item will be so irrelevant in 10 levels.
  3. dreadlord Augur

Add me to the 'mission haters' list
    EQ does far too much 'you must play this way' stuff, instead of people playing the way they like
    (and thus lose folk along the way)
    I like to stay in one place for a lot of hours - that's what makes me happy/what I pay for
    I put up with missions when I have to; I don't mind doing them as one-offs for progression at all
    But all this retro-tuning is really really infuriating. A mob either drops x or it doesn't IMHO
    lockjaws and Pawtato like this.
  4. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I read that as I like to use programs to play the game for me while I play crush crush or something else that isn't fun.

I ground out missions to collect mine.... at 105, not 115. If you want something, go get it, quit complaining it's to hard when there are ways for you to get what you want.
    feeltheburn, Dythan and Duder like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No.

No need for the level 85, if you do the missions. Because the frags are mission rewards, not mob drops, so trivial loot code does not apply.

The level 85 (well, level 110 or lower) is needed if you want to get the frags as mob drops. And then, you probably CAN'T have the level 115 grouped with them.
    code-zero and Nadisia like this.
  6. Duder Augur

Great, never said you did. Simmer down champ.
    feeltheburn and Tatanka like this.
  7. dreadlord Augur

No. I have never used a programme to play the game (other than the game). I never said anything remotely suggestive of that.
    Read my posts - I'm one of the most vociferous anti-bot folk around here
    I didn't complain anything's too hard
    Just that
    a) it's not fun to repeatedly do missions (IMHO)
    and
    b) I very much resent things being retrospectively tuned
    I don't see why your doing missions is somehow more virtuous than non-mission grinding?
  8. Pawtato Augur

This is why MS never wins.
    lockjaws likes this.
  9. Yimin Augur

Go to the Epiccentre zone in Heart of Fear, mobs there are 102 ! If you know this already ill just repeat for those who don't, Do NOT click the tablets until you have enough to finish the tear !

YiMin
    lockjaws and Pawtato like this.
  10. Nadisia Augur

Ok, thanks Tatanka for clarification ;)

I have a fully evolved aug on my 1st SK on the Rathe, but when we rerolled on Vox after a pretty long hiatus (after this break, we were kind of rusty, so we decided to reroll on another server to get our automatisms back, and finally, as Vox is a really nice server, we stayed here) , I started the aug quest but postponed it ... for later hehe.

But now, the SK is 115, so I guess I'm fudged-up hehe :confused:
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will the tablets drop from Alarans if a level 115 is grouped with a level 85?

Will be grey/green to the 115 but red to the 85.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Why not? :confused:
    Is there an advantage to not evolve it gradually?
  13. Krool Lorekeeper

Veil of Alaris is almost 9 years old. With the amount of catch-up content that requires the player to do all the gameplay work required, I don’t see a reason why the devs can’t throw a bone to max level players who still want to finish the Tear and add the fragments to Overseer. Again... VOA is 8-9 years old at this point.
    lockjaws likes this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

It's already mostly irrelevant. The benefit from the item is absolutely minimal. I was pretty disappointed when I looked up how the defense skill calculation works. I can't remember the exact amount but I remember the contribution being equivalent to 40 ac or something.
  15. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Not everyone deserves a tear. Put in the work.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

From https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Tears_of_Alaris :

As the tear evolves, it requires more and more experience to advance. However, the fragment gives a straight percentage increase, as shown below, so it is advised that you save them until near the end, so they give you maximum value.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Makes no sense in saving them, if that is the only way they can be evolved now.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I see. Saving the fragments for later, would make sense if you could also get evolving item xp by pure killing, but it is not relevant if you are too high level for that. :)
  19. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

You’re making zero sense.

As for the tear evolving, pretty sure green con will still evolve it, just slow. No tablet drops. So clicking them later on, past lvl 10 or 12 gains the most bang per click.
  20. feeltheburn Augur

most times people who make infantile comments like that don't make sense or trying not to.