Fixed Internally Overseer: Quest slots displaying too many agents, post conversion "disappear"

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Hegsheoshed, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Hegsheoshed Augur

Setting up some overseer quests. I have 2 extra uncommons that I don't really have showing when I select agents. I checked the agents page to see if I have 4 there and I only have the 2 I know I have showing there. This is on one of my other accounts. Not going to try and see what happens if I convert the 3. It just sounds like a bad event overall. I can select and they show for the conversion. Not gonna do it. Took a screenshot of both the conversion, one of the agents out questing and the agents page.
    klanderso and Barton like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Double check "filtering options" in agents pane. All the times I thought I had that problem, it turned out I had filtering enabled.
  3. Yara_AB Augur

Also check if the slot you are trying to add the agent to is a required or optional slot.
    For required slots you only see qualifying agents even without restricting their selection via dropdown.
  4. Hegsheoshed Augur

Okay I don't know what's going on with Jumbur and Yara. All my accounts got booted. Looks like the router started a new up time and dropping out of came 'fixed' my having 2 extra uncommons. Stop trying to bump up your post counts you two!

Anyway still a possible issue there. Not sure if that other account of mine robbed someone else of their 2 Cloaked Dhampyre. Seems to be resolved. I wish camping out to desktop to restart the client would fix my missing agents now!
  5. Hegsheoshed Augur

Not sure how I could even upload the images of anything now. Oh well. Some might say I had a chance to get an elite of the bug but no way hose b.
  6. Hegsheoshed Augur

7. Hegsheoshed Augur

Meh. I'll play with uploading images some other day. Getting old sucks. Wuh wuh wuh period......
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

It looks like the issue here isn't related to the conversion quests themselves, but to the minion display for the quest slots being inconsistent with the actual agents in the agent tab. For those of you who have seen agents displaying more than you actually have in the window (and been able to use them on separate quests at the same time), please be sure to include your character's name, the server, and approximate date it happened (pictures also help!).
  9. Necrodamus New Member

This is the account this happened to me on.

This is the post I made with the account that was logged into the forums at the time.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/extra-uncommons-i-dont-have.265556/

I got a lot of responses giving me useless advice that I wasn't seeking as I was reporting a bug that I never expected to see.

Nothing in the log since I wasn't going to do it. I woke up after a bit, when the client crashes I get this Pitfall Harry sound from one of my machines like he is in constant swing across a mud hole and the extras were gone when I logged that account back in. All my clients had crashed and it was probably just my isp.

Logs will be better but useless if someone tried to take advantage of a different bug than losing agents that were actually received and logged. I've yet to get a rare agent, The chase is exciting. Almost. A bit tedious actually. Not sure if people that gained a rare agent improperly will be posting here. Doubtful.
  10. Diani Augur

Today I noticed that the number of agents shown in the selection window for the quest isn't correct.

Clerdia on AB:
    Selection window shows Goblin grunt x7 agents tab shows x2
    Selection window shows Nyzil Bloodforge x3 agents tab shows x2 AND I was able to sent Nyzil Bloodforge (Iconic) on 2 quests at the same time (Elven Wine and Font of Hope)

There must be more duplicates as my stats tab shows I have more agents then I have (o.0)
    According to the stats tab I have 150 agents of which 143 are available, 15 are questing and 1 is unavailable.
  11. klanderso Developer

I've merged a couple of threads that all seem to be reporting the same issue.

For those of you reporting this issue, please reply (or send me a PM if you prefer) with the following information:
    Character name:
    Server:
    Agent:
    Number in Agent tab:
    Number in quest slot:
    Approximate time (with timezone):

And if you have a screenshot, that'll help too! Thanks :)
  12. Sigpaos New Member

I'm not certain if this is exactly related, but I just had 3 (of the same) common agent disappear after a common conversion quest, where I only used 1 of that agent.

Character Name: Varxn
    Server: Bertox
    Agent: Clockwork VIIX
    Number in Agent tab: 3
    Number in Quest slot: 3

[IMG]

After this, Clockwork VIIX was no longer listed in the Agent tab, when I should have still had 2.
  13. Hegsheoshed Augur

I was wondering what happened to Diani's thread. PM sent with info.
  14. Hegsheoshed Augur

15. Hegsheoshed Augur

There was a thread for the common conversion doing this and taking extras of the one used in the third quest slot. A new thread would be best.
  16. Soulbanshee Augur

There are no "extras". The server log files have shown that the number of agents granted and the number of agents converted are the same for the people that have reported.

What is happening is the select agent is showing a greater number of agents than what is actually owned. When that happens, you think you have "x3" or more, but you really have 1 or 2. When you convert your only 1 or 2, you no longer have any available. Now they need information to look at why the display is showing more agents available to take a quest than whats actually owned on the Agents tab.
    klanderso likes this.
  17. Diani Augur

The plot thickens: after servers got back up I logged into clerdia and discovered the following:according to the agents tab she now has 150 agents of which 134 are available and 18 are questing.
    According to my quest window she has 6 active quests and Nyzil Bloodforge (Iconic) is in 2 quests but these aren't the same quests as yesterday. He is now in Elven Wine and Exotic Foods
  18. Soulbanshee Augur

This could be related to the [Fixed Internally] quests temporarily going away then coming back later. Sounds like Nyzil was send on a quest, it was lost from your active quests list so Nyzil was "available", and you were able to send Nyzil on another quest. When the lost quest returned, you now have Nyzil on 2 quests.
  19. Hegsheoshed Augur

Not what my logs showed but nice try. Having logs worked in my favor. It's gonna be a long time before I do any conversion quests. Something is happening with the common conversion quest after you do the first one and follow up with another. A completely different matter when the agents tab and the numbers shown in the conversion window are the same and a count going through the logs backs it up.

I am wondering how many are using a custom interface vs the default.

Not posting my petitions or the final resolution. I'll be waiting for the conversion fix though. I didn't think nothing!
    Moege likes this.
  20. Diani Augur

No, that is not what happened.
    I had no Nyzil away on quests. The agent tabs showed I have 2 Nyzils, but the quest selection thingy said there were 3. I then proceeded to make quests and sent 1 of the Nyzils on a quest. Then the next quest I made I was again capable of selecting a Nyzil