Servers down yet again....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by nocred, May 6, 2020.

1. nocred New Member

Lately the game has been very unstable, I cannot recall a peroid of this extent where the game has suffered server issues spread out over such a long period of time.

We have had days of playtime ruined due to servers being down and out, and when they came back up our characters had been rolled back, further "punishing" the player to redo the exp/event/quest/raid and other stuff we had removed due to rollbacks.

I get that it is a big task to actually run this thing, but it seems to have become very unstable when it got split from DBG and into Darkpaw.........coincidence?

At which point will the responsible for charging the monthly fee come back and try to compensate for all this hazzle, we are after all paying customers recieving less then what we actually pay for.

Q.
    Xerzist, Yimin and Coagagin like this.
  2. Nichiren New Member

This is what i would refer too as server virtualization. If the primary hardware host locks up, all the VM's go down......
  3. Tanacious Lorekeeper

The game is unstable likely because SOOOO many more people are online than normal. For example, it's been almost a DECADE since I remember using General1 and General2 chats. But on Monday... yes MONDAY.... my alt went into General2 and my main was in General1. Thats over 800 characters, be they boxes or w/e logged on.

Seems like it's too much for the servers to handle, and I bet you anything they are being throttled at the service provider level and are at their max bandwidth allocations.

Extension of anniversary events would be nice considering I have had to redo several now myself. I get the name is EverQuest, but it's not Groundhogday Quest. The rollbacks happen as part of lack of backing up data. The servers only mirror save every so often, and if the working data becomes corrupt because of say service provider timeout, then they have to use the mirror backup. Lots and lots of data lost, even if it was just an hour's worth of time.

But as I have learned from just about every other problem and issue with this game, they could care less about what people have to say on the forums, and are going to do whatever they want to do anyway.

I am not even going to waste finger strokes on asking for anything any more. Might waste them on starting a boycott campaign though. That would be terrible for them during a shelter in place pandemic. Might teach them a valuable lesson about their clients and what kind of power we really all have. But that would also require coordination of sheeple, and it's tough enough to get a raid going, let alone ask for something more complex like a coordinated boycott.
  4. Coagagin Guild house cat

Wait! I have to ask, please! Are we having fun yet?

Going away now, thanks!

- Coag
  5. Kuaamil Elder

The server is a lie.
  6. Nichiren New Member

The truth is there is no server
  7. Pawtato Augur

We got some extra servers at work, if you need to me host.
  8. Nadisia Augur

Here we go again hehe :D

Maybe someone was hungry in the DPG staff and used some of their server «potato power source»

[IMG]

to make some french fries? :p
  9. Tanacious Lorekeeper

MMM french fries... that sounds good.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Darkpaw is still owned by Daybreak.