Guildhall restrictions on FTP members

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, May 5, 2020.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Had a member trying to place an anchor in our guild hall say that got a message saying they didn't have access and a message said "a number of guildhall functions have been disabled consider getting a membership" not sure how accurate their quote is.

Is this a new thing? No one has ever mentioned it to be before at least.
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

This should probably be moved to the Player Support section of the forum. But no I haven’t heard of this? F2P (not silver) players cannot start guilds but they should have full housing functionality.

Maybe they’re getting confused if they’re getting the message that their guild membership or plot privileges aren’t high enough to place/move items? Have you tried adjusting that yet? If that doesn’t work are you sure they’re logging on through the patcher, it also sounds like it could be an old privilege error that you only could run into now if someone is bypassing the patcher.

You can buy the anchors off loyalty merchants when F2P and rent plots/houses?
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not a permissions issue. First thing I checked.

Hmmm was going to make a FTP to check it but I need to have loyalty for an anchor.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Dunno if it's something the guild leader/officers can configure but on my boxes when they aren't gold I can't set my anchors in my guild's Palatial Guild Hall.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

I want to create a F2P account and buy and anchor to test this, I’m intrigued.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think that settles it then. My guildie had high enough guild rank to place anchors and there is nothing in permissions regarding FTP or not FTP. I wonder if an account being silver would make a difference?
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It is a restriction on F2P accounts. Has been there forever. The are not allowed to place items in guild hall. Nor can most of them use the guild bank.

And that is the exact message the free accounts get. About the membership level.

However, Silver accounts can which confused people

I purchase the nearest plot and set that one up for my F2P accounts primary anchors and then put the secondary anchors in their own houses

Guild leaders have no control over this. If you do make a free account to test make sure it is not Silver
    Yinla and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Corwyhn Lionheart and CatsPaws like this.
  9. Willowtree Journeyman

"Exact message" is a slight understatement....

I bought the anchores years ago too and was highly surprised because it didn't worked. Here in our country such contracts are not valid if you have to search somehow in the deepest links-links-links about such things. There is no single warning when you buy it that it is not working. And that is clearly against our law here. I have to look it up but I bet this is not even legal practice in the whole EU. The restrictions need to be placed normally at the page when you buy it. The only reason why this still is common practice is simply because either people don't know that or the price of the object and therefore the financial damage is in no way comparable to the cost of a lawyer and the lawsuit...

For the silver account to ftp: is it meanwhile possible to place it with silver account? That would be new to me.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

First off Fanra I apologize but my free accounts can access the guild bank. I had it confused with using/seeing the "items" already placed in the guild hall (While standing in Guild hall then going to Real estate - items) if you are free you will not see any items and this goes hand in hand with the inability for free accounts to place items there also.

Willowtree - As for the "exact" message - it is as follows:
    "Your access to a number of guild hall functions has been disabled because you do not have the membership level required. Consider purchasing the All Access membership"

There was no "contract" that was breached. It is not buried in deep links. It clearly states in the release and all the matrix posted since that guild hall has restrictions for free to play.

You can buy many things in EQ that are not level/class usable. Buyer be informed.

There is always an alternative - place your anchor on your own plot or if its and item maybe you can sell it or tribute it etc.

While you feel this may violate the laws in your country, please remember the EQ copyright motto of old is "Your in our world now" and there is no recourse to lawsuits as it states in the EULA/TOS which we all agreed to the first time we signed in.

And yes, Silver can place anchors in guild hall.
  11. Willowtree Journeyman

I don't know in which state you live but in my country consumer protection laws are rigid. Terms and conditions that disregard the current law lose their validity. No general terms and conditions or a contract overrides the validity of the current legislation of a country! Contracts with different prices or contract changes must be indicated accordingly at the time of payment. If a company sells a product and it is not separately pointed out - visible and not as an opt-in (!) - then this is against the law. I had such cases the last years. My case was successful and there are enough precedents in my country. This prevents that you buy goods and spend money despite you don't have the full information or which are useless expenses, like happend here or at my case!

Facebook, Google and Co. also had to bow to European laws, but only after an Austrian lawyer successfully sued. The big companies allow themselves these impertinences just as much as the small ones, and they do so until they are sued.

We have no rights, we have to sue them with money (costs of the legal action) and even in the case of a profit, you only get the fixed benchmarks as compensation - it would almost always be a minus deal - unless someone is swimming in money and is so angry that he simply gives the company a slap on the wrist because of his annoyance - which then sets a precedent. I even had a bank that ignored a precedent and therefore a potential fine of EUR 500,000, just because they thought he was not going to court. But that was a full-blown fall on the nose. Some people have to bleed before they can legally work in business...

If that does not apply in your country. My condolences.

Addon:
    I have looked it up again - it only says - requirements: expac Veil of Alaris, nothing more. In this text should be the information that it is only working with gold status.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

LOL. Good luck on your lawsuit about using free currency for a free virtual item that doesn't work how you want it to!

Internet lawyers are some of the worst things to ever come out of the online community.
  13. Willowtree Journeyman

SC is not free currency. Everything bought in the store is affected by this. Loyality points at the other side is a different matter. I don't see much chance to that one. So if you talk about loyality currency then I am completely with you.
  14. Zamiam Augur

I think they should bring the option to purchase silver flag again on accounts thru the marketplace .. dont know why they ever got rid of it .. was an easy 5 bucks for DB/DPg's