Wood Elf Beastlords...What a Waste

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pawtato, May 6, 2020.

1. Pawtato Augur

Has anyone seen any Wood Elf Beastlords? I still don't get how that was the winning combination.

Make Dark Elf bard a thing. If, a cat can play a banjo then dark elves should be able.
    Boze and Duder like this.
  2. Cidran Augur

I spent my heroic on one and I have to say I love the lil treant stomping mobs on my way :)
    minimind likes this.
  3. Pawtato Augur

I guess I was wrong there’s 1 out there.
    svann and minimind like this.
  4. Nadisia Augur

Wood elf beastlord is not completely silly.
    Their natural alignment with nature fits pretty well for BST.

But the pet model ... hmmm, it's weird.
    I'm not a fan of this bush/mini treant model. It's cartoonish.

A black wolf, like the druid masks form, would have been better imho.

Yes, I know, shaman pet is a wolf, barbarian BST warder is a white wolf, but why not a black wolf?
    Edit : or even a spider, why not ?

That's why my «Wood Elf» Beastlord is in fact ... a barbarian with wood elf illusion (Crown of Deceit).
    That way, I can have my pretty wood elf with her cute white doggy :p
    Iven and code-zero like this.
  5. Pawtato Augur

Exactly, the choice was bad and it was a rigged competition.
  6. Newb Tank Not so Newb

I like the treant
  7. code-zero Augur

8. Pawtato Augur

Bro, Magelo is as real as a turtle up a tree.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Leave Groot alone !
  10. Zanarnar Augur

If you really wanted a WE beast, you could make one of the proper races then do the Crown of Deceit quest in PoK and get the treant pet illusion from the marketplace. Wallah, woodie beast.

I too feel the outcome was rigged as there were several more desirable combinations.
    I mean.. just LOOK!
    There is no way we beast won legit.. unless it was some organized campaign to pick the worst choice for the lulz on something like 4cancer.
    Skuz, Yinla and Pawtato like this.
  11. Pawtato Augur

It’s the only obvious conclusion that it was rigged the entire time. Imagine all the dollars rolling into the game from Iksar Berserkers, Dark Elf Rangers, or Dark Elf Bards.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I have a WE BL and her treant teenytiny.
    and we have 2 WE Bls in our guild as raiders..
    code-zero likes this.
  13. code-zero Augur

I'm aware of that however the question was if anyone played WE BL's and it's obvious from not only observation but other sources that they are played. They're probably more common that Iksar BL's from my admittedly casual observation of /afk players in PoK
  14. Pawtato Augur

Well, I’ve travelled across endless oceans, scaled the highest of mountains, traversed the fiercest of deserts, ventured across the mysteries of the moon, through alternate timelines and dimensions, to the ethereal planes and I’ve yet to encounter any.
  15. Maedhros High King

Dark elf bard is one of the most unnecessary combos in the history of EQ. One of the very first illusion clicks in the entire game is a bard usable dark elf illusion.
    Bards have had access to dark elf illusion for 20 years.
    Any player of any class can find illusions clickies or potions to be any race that they choose.
    Let's wrap this stupidity up.
    Now if you're looking for an entire new class or new playable race ok, that's at least a conversation that has merit.
    Vento and code-zero like this.
  16. Pawtato Augur

Just because you can buy any illusion you’d like isn’t a reason to not open up. It’s called making $.
  17. Boze TLP complaint factory

Are Treants beasts now? They're Treelords.
    minimind, Yinla and Pawtato like this.
  18. Jokskilove Palzerker

Gnome monks would have been the right choice
  19. Pawtato Augur

I fixed that for you.
  20. Xanathol Augur

Barbarian SKs... clearly the best.