Blacksmithing 301+

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, May 4, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Really struggling to get this finished, so many sub combines!

I've done the useful stuff already like ToV, TBL, RoS combines.

I'm down to needing 812 more combines to get it finished just don't know where to start with them. Any suggestions?

I've looked at http://eqrecipes.free.fr/ so I know what I'm missing and how many new recipes I have to learn, just a bit overwhelemed and uncertain how best to proceed.
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

You admit you know what you need, so...
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yep, but the problem is where do I start?!
  4. Duder Augur

Ldon/acrylia plate and chain will be a large chunk. If you pre-farm the materials for them you can make bags with the different sized molds/patterns and knock out about 450ish recipes in a couple hours.

Things to farm:
    Lots of Acrylia of all sizes (Grimling Forest works good while you are farming Windstones)
    175ish Windstones to make 86ish Combine Acrylia Tempers (Grimling Forest, the grimlings near the acrylia caverns zone in are the best spot.)
    80ish Ice Lichen to make Lichen Tempers (Permafrost LDoNs, dropped and foraged)
    80ish Pond Weed to make Swamp Tempers (Guk LDoNs, dropped and foraged)
    80ish Goblin Bones to make Bone Tempers (Rujarkian LDoNs, dropped and foraged)
    80ish Gargoyle Granite to make Granite Tempers (Mistmoore LDoNs, dropped and foraged)
    80ish Sand Verbena to make Sand Tempers (Takish-Hiz LDoNs, dropped and forages)

You'll be making Acrylia Plate and Chain, Frosted Steel and Ringmail, Deep Cavern Steel and Ringmail, Calcified Steel and Ringmail, Gothic Steel and Ringmail, and Sandblasted Steel and Ringmail.
    minimind, Greymantle and Ibudin like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thank you!

Will start with those. :)
    Duder likes this.
  6. Kuursed New Member

7. feeltheburn Augur

also did you try checking out Adetia's site for TS on TR's website?
    Nennius likes this.
  8. svann Augur

Have you read all the books? Got credit for noob recipes at crescent reach or abysmal sea? Those are both freebies.
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Weebaaa Augur

The way I tackled blacksmithing and tailoring was to sort the eqrecipes.free list by trivial(this will clump similar recipes together) , go through and make a list of everything I needed to farm. Organize the shopping list by continent, then by zone.
    Make an initial plunge into the farming, knocking out most of the farmlist (not completing all the time - sink ones).
    Then process the list, doing the combines in order of trivial.
    Afterwards tackling a much smaller, more manageable list until completed.
    Bonus efficiently farming points if you combine multiple tradeskill farming trips together.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Ldon
    Acrylia
    PoP elemental chain/plate (and the sub-elemental ones)
    Magnetic (remember to do BOTH versions of recipes with alternate combiens, and breaking down all different types), don't waste time with lightning cores unless you have some drop, then do the 1 core recipes

are probably the biggest chunk.
  11. Petalonyx Augur

Is the trip to 350 getting any easier with each new expansion's new recipes?
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

12 weapons, 14 pieces of armour I think in ToV & TBL, RoS was more as each class had their own armour.

+ some subcombines.

Which means less of the LDON, POP, GATES and OOW recipes are needed
    Duder likes this.
  13. Duder Augur

PoP is not needed. I skipped PoP on 2 chars with 350 smithing. But I did do all of the OOW recipes on the one, but not so many on the other. The new recipes with tov, tbl, and ros allow for a TON of wiggle room.
    Yinla likes this.