who done it? (spoilers?)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, May 5, 2020.

1. svann Augur

Final conversations with the 3 surviving faction leaders:
    [Mon May 04 20:51:28 2020] Tserrina Syl`Tor says, 'Are you ready to see the [truth]? It's right in front of you.'
    [Mon May 04 20:51:33 2020] Tserrina Syl`Tor says, 'The restless ice that plagues us... it plagues me. It torments me. It torments my tower. It is not of my making. It is not my [magic].'
    [Mon May 04 20:51:40 2020] Tserrina Syl`Tor says, 'My magic is deceit. Shadow. Illusory. Cunning. The restless ice is something else entirely. Seek the [Sorceror].'
    [Mon May 04 20:51:46 2020] Tserrina Syl`Tor says, 'Velketor. Now go. Leave before I make you a [part of this place].'
    [Mon May 04 20:51:54 2020] Tserrina Syl`Tor says, 'More souls for the mistress. More souls for me!'
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Mon Apr 27 19:58:46 2020] Velketor the Sorcerer says, 'Thank you! You've saved my life. I hope you've been sent by my king to help, though he has never been overly fond of [me].'

[Mon Apr 27 19:58:53 2020] Velketor the Sorcerer says, 'Me? Tormax has no love for me. But I do have some idea as to the source of this horrible magic. I want this horror to stop, but I must protect my [people]. I refuse to tell you what I know unless you can promise to help them.'

[Mon Apr 27 19:59:08 2020] Velketor the Sorcerer says, 'Rescue them. I will tell you what I can when I can also report what I know to my King.'
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Wed Apr 22 19:24:55 2020] King Tormax says, 'Hello, Svann. I thank you for your assistance. You have what remains of my people. The reports I have heard from those outside Kael Drakkel have been dire. As I understand it, no one knows the cause of this horror, this power that desecrates our honored dead. I pray that Rallos gives you strength if you plan to pursue the source of this evil in the future. With the statue no longer a threat, we should be able to protect ourselves. For us this will be a time of mourning and recovery. Thank you again for your assistance. And please tell Velketor that King Tormax sends his thanks.'
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So where did the ice come from? Is there a part 2?
  2. Tucoh Augur

As an aside, is there a website that pieces together the lore of each expansion from the intro zone to the last raid and how it has evolved and continues through EQ?

I've always thought the lore and story in EQ was an incomprehensible mess, where everytime I've tried to figure it out I only got more apprehensive, but that's a bit unfair because I'm sure it only makes sense within the context of understanding how the raiding zone lore impacts it.
    Coagagin likes this.
  3. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Time to go to plane of mischief and find out why Bristlebane got bored and created the ice.
    Kaenneth and Yinla like this.
  4. Cadira Augur

It was probably that b!tch Carrol Baskin.
  5. Tevik Augur

Kerafyrm gonna show up with a stylized M drawn on his forehead.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Funky like this.
  6. Jennre Band Leader

Did you try telling Velketor that King Tormax sends his thanks?

It seems like Sleeper's Tomb is where "a" source of the Ice is coming from, though, we also have not seen Western Wastes/Dragon Necropolis. For all we know, there could be multiple sources of Restless Ice. The fact that ST is sealed, and we have a key dropped in TOFS that nobody truly knows what to do with might be a clue of sorts as well.
  7. Szilent Augur

I've got it! Anashti Sul, frustrated in her attempt to take over the Healing domain, has turned to that of Velious' mostly absent Dragon Queen. She's not satisfied with living things living near ice and not being fully hers, so devises this magic to make them all super devoted undead minions! I mean, just because some meddling kids stopped her back in Sul Vius doesn't make this not the Best Plan Ever. Broken Mirror 2, coming this winter!
  8. Tolzol Augur

Nah fam it’s 100% mayong. Next expansion final raid is mayong riding kerafrym. Lol
    Goburs, Pano, Astral64 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Axxius Augur

[IMG]
    Goburs, Funky, Ngreth Thergn and 4 others like this.
  10. Creeping_Death New Member

We all know it was made in a lab just outside of Euradin or something.
    Kaenneth and Redsumm like this.
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

12. Lubianx Augur

It was definitely Rare's fault
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It's Saryrn
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can't be either of them we killed them, in the case of Mayong multiple times, if this is another time warp/different dimention count me out of the lore.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If it is Saryrn, can I have her boots & whip please ?
    feeltheburn and code-zero like this.
  16. Barlin New Member

Lanys T'Vyl has entered the chat.
  17. Tolzol Augur

But....... everything is undead in TOV? Plus you are taking this very serious for no reason lol
  18. Pawtato Augur

Nerds love lore, we need rules and history to argue about it.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I find EQ lore interesting and dislike them changing it, especially when it involves the underwear dragon!

Dragons should not walk around with someones knickers on their head!
    svann likes this.
  20. Astral64 Augur

Neither were killed actually. Kerafyrm goes back to sleep in SoF and Mayong is made mortal in Solteris. He's not even technically killed in the anniversary redux.

Solteris: The disembodied voice of Mayong Mistmoore continues. 'It is a relief, in a way, to be free from the burdens of immortality. But I am sure mortality will begin to chaffe again soon enough...'

Crystallos: Grendish the Crusader says 'We have not yet forgotten the role mortals played in granting mad Kerafyrm his freedom but the sin has been paid for today. The Dragon who Should Never Have Been slumbers once again and so he will remain until Veeshan returns to claim us all.'

ToFS Anniversary: Mayong has successfully thwarted the strange halfling from obtaining the power of the ancient artifact and you have successfully thwarted Mayong from existing on Norrath for any reasonable duration of time... Still... It seems rather odd that Sam was so interested in the power of fear.

[IMG]