House of Thule guide

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rasper Helpdesk, May 4, 2020.

1. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

As Selo is about to unlock House of Thule on Wednesday, the guide for the expansion has been updated - https://www.raspersrealm.com/Everquest/HoT/index.html

137 tasks, with a "Quick Task List" page to help streamline progression
    18 group missions
    18 raids
    641 pieces of group gear (not counting visible)
    226 raid drops (not counting visible)
    Faction, spells, achievement, mercenary unlock quest

There are two more things I want to add (a list of group rares sorted by their common visible drop, and a "WTF is this" page), but they can wait a bit.

If you're enjoying the guides, there is a paypal button. I mention it because I don't have any kind of required log in or monthly fee and the ads generate about $5 a month (mainly b/c I refuse to put them in the middle of the content or put up an ad-blocker blocker thing), so donations are pretty much it. And since I've been doing the updates I've gotten 3 donations and 1 Krono total.
  2. Bullsnooze Augur

Nice guide and actually you have a bunch of nice guides for the previous expansions too.

I was looking at your Navigation on your main page and there's a typo!

Math > "Algebrba 1 guide"
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

What server and username do you use?
  4. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Algebra fixed, ty (that is only slightly embarrassing...)

I'm on Selo these days as Atlane. I also have Raspar, since the original spelling of the name was already taken.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Adonhiram Augur

Thank you very much for all your work, Rasper. You make our TLP life much easier. I made a small donation to help you keep the effort up, thank you again and please continue updating after House of Thule :) Yours, Adon (Adonhiram on Ragefire).
  6. Pikollo Augur

Thank you Rasper! Hitting that donate button. Without the guides i'd be lost lol
  7. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

code-zero likes this.
  8. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Back by popular demand I give you the House of Thule "WTF is this?" page, an alphabetized list of quest drops so you can quickly see if the doodad that just dropped is prelootable and what it is for - https://www.raspersrealm.com/Everquest/HoT/WTF.html

This concludes my updates for House of Thule. After a bit of a cool down period I'll reskin the Planes of Power guide into the cleaner format then finally get around to Prophecy of Ro. I'm not sure there is much point to going back before Planes, people that do the Classic to Luclin grind generally know what they are doing, where to camp, and how everything works. And that was in the wild west days of item and spell IDs, so trying to enumerate drops is ... painful.

How about LDoN? Do you guys think a listing of merchant goods and zone drops (65, 65 hard, and Raid) would be useful?
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  9. yerm Augur

If you made a ldon guide with where to get augs such as specialize ones or the all type ac augs and of the same quality as this guide, I'm quite sure people would use it. Whether or not it justifies all the work it would take you I can't say.
  10. Adonhiram Augur

I'm not sure it is worth doing it for LDoN considering the huge effort it would require and the fact there already exists a search tool for gear and augments https://www.cardplace.com/eq/ldon/list.cgi which covers the equip strat.
  11. RibbitDivot New Member

That doesn't cover raid drops.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

I think that's not a bad idea but it could even be a simple 1 tab option because the content is so limited/focused.

For alt aug, you do sro raid, starts in commons, the allak link has a good write up.

For conjuration, you do the lfay raid that starts in bb. The one thing I learned there is you don't need to do any of the bonus chests, but the allak write up is solid.

I think a lot of people overlook these, and even in era I think I only ever saw 2 priests who recognized the value these augs would have given them for so long.