Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Winnowyl, May 4, 2020.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

They currently cap at 70. Would it be possible to get this raised? Even if you don't actually make any improvements to the shroud, just raise the level.
    Yinla and Aenvar like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Shrouds were bad at anything beyond level 5 even when they first came out - with how gear has worked since they are even more useless than ever

The sheer amount of work involved to make them relevant in the levels beyond 5 makes me think they aren't ever going to do this, let alone beyond 70, most players do not enjoy these at all so any work on them would be extremely niche & small-scale in who it would benefit.

A side-kicking / mentor system would be far better.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think they should allow us to use the Old Man Mckenzie shrouds outside of the OMM misions, those actually "felt" right. :)

Or allow us to temporarily loose x levels temporarily with our own chars, with our current gear scaling down(as if they had "required level 5" rather than their actual req level, keep the "recommended level").
    Jyve likes this.
  4. Jyve Augur

and/or...
    A few new shrouds that start at level 70 and go upto current levels.
    A caster shroud that uses dots instead of nukes. (necro shroud)
    A clockwork pet user who gets to collect drops around the world to create tinkered pets. (magish shroud).

Some of the monster templates in MM's might be fun to see in other places. /maybe/ the odd zone has an npc at the zi that you play as a fixed template shroud in that zone. (so there's not too much imbalance/odd stuff using that shroud elsewhere?).
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would also be nice to get a level 1 shroud so those on Miragul can do the gnome race!

Was disapointed to see these didn't continue with each expansion.
    Jyve likes this.
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I'm not actually interested in PLAYING the shroud. I just want to be able to level up the clickie from war while I'm actually doing something productive with my main, rather than swapping to my druid and PLing the stupid thing.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Make a Level 5 one & go smack noobie zones, this is ridiculously faster than doing anything with it at higher levels.
    Duder likes this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If you're missing a slay achievement, find a zone to work on it while killing those.
  9. Celephane Augur

I used level 15 and went to Paludal Caverns, leveled very fast
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Shrouds .. I played during this time an I've never ever seen as many accounts plvled up to sell as during this time period that they had shrouds as the best xp in the game..

Everyone had ten characters of each class .. and little to no working knowledge in how to play them. In my honest opinion. The shroud system was one of thee worst things ever to hit EQ.

And I for one am very VERY thankful they are useless as # # # # .. now.
  11. Celephane Augur

Try to keep up please, this is about shrouds, not monster missions. Shrouds have never been good experience
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I remember I used a shroud once, when I wanted to run an ldon with some "returnee-friends".
    The xp was awful, but I had a lot of fun. :)
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Sounds like a lot of work for a system that probably less than 5% of the playerbase has ever made use of, and no, shrouding to a rogue to do a sneak hail or pick a door doesn't count ;).
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I've done Paludal at 15 with Druid DS

Level 5 in a noob zone with a Druid ds on was faster than that.

Back on topic, I do still think that doing anything with the current Shroud system to make it go up in levels would be a completely wasted effort.

The devs discovered that players generally aren't fond of spending so much time & effort invested into developing their character then using a system that strips all of that away to provide them a very poor level of experience & a play-style that is really not much fun at all for most players.
    Celephane likes this.