Shaman - Raid Role & Desireability

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheDohn, May 4, 2020.

1. Sikkun Augur

So the toxicity is shamans are expected to buff people. But if guild members harass them and management doesn’t care to stop it....somehow it’s the fault of shaman class as a whole and not a people problem?
  2. Xeris Augur

Just go pure DPS, buffs!!
  3. Machen New Member

It is a people problem. EQ players in general are jerks. It's also a class problem, because very consistently the jerkiness comes out toward raid shamans in classic. Part of the problem is that it is so tedious, very few people want to play main raid shamans in classic. So you have one or two people having to do what 3-4 shamans should be doing. You really don't see that problem with any other class.
    Kattria Minx and Orsenfelt like this.
  4. Spayce Augur

Shaman is a buff bot on raids, and must slow almost every mob or be yelled at. So imagine how fun it is to be constantly buffing, and hitting your assist/slow key over and over. The only worse raid role is a Cleric in a CH chain, in my opinion.

I love my Shaman box, but I would never, ever main one on raids.
  5. Mrjon3s Augur

I plan on maining a shaman. But I am not raiding till Velious. No real point in raiding till the gear is actually worth it.
  6. Thrudd New Member

It takes alot to be a good shaman especially in raids. In classic, the raiding can really suck because of the constant buffing and debuffing you need to do. The learning curve is rather high in the beginning, but if you keep at it, gear up from the beginning, and learn the class well.. the shaman is just nothing short of sick. If you are a good shaman, you always have a group that needs you. And if you are a good shaman, eventually, you can do damn near anything solo.
  7. a_librarian Augur

Nobody should raid on any class before Velious. The content is real real bad