Mage Pets Are Tanking ToV Raid Mobs.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Talendor, May 4, 2020.

1. Talendor New Member

Devs,

This is happening.
  2. Duder Augur

The level of detail contained within is nothing short of amazing!
  3. Nukester Journeyman

Put down the glue bottle
    Celephane, kroag and Duder like this.
  4. Absor Developer

If you have specific information, I would love to hear it.
  5. Angahran Augur

This is almost as amusing as the post where someone was claiming SK pets were tanking ToV named mobs.
  6. Mokai Journeyman

Why does it matter? If the post said Warriors are tanking ToV raid mobs nobody would care. What's wrong with a mage "tank" pet doing the same? I don't play a Mage, but would like to in the future without them being nerfed, because someone thinks it's wrong for a tank pet to actually tank.
    Vumad and dreadlord like this.
  7. Igniz Augur

Looks like the "subtle" opening to another anti magepet crusade ...
    I am already looking forward to the "parses" provided ...
    Miss_Jackie and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Mink Journeyman

"someone thinks it's wrong for a tank pet to actually tank."

Tank raid mobs? pet? something wrong here :)
    Celephane and Duder like this.
  9. Mintalie Augur

Oh goodie.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Angahran Augur

Well we have raid mobs that can kill a fully buffed and well geared tank in one round unless the healers are on their toes so is it really that different to have a mage tank pet (a pet that is designed to tank) do the same so long as there are enough healers constantly pouring insane amounts of healing into it ?
    Zarzac likes this.
  11. matouoli Elder

my raid melee group ( i am a shm ) tank raid mobs * here and there * when they get too much agro, , i need to chain cast heal on them ...............

calling for nerfs is ** suppose ** to not be allowed but we all know that it is allowed .

our raid tank , tank better than mage pets , is it again another post from someone who is bad at tanking?
  12. Password1234 Augur

Even at 110 my mage's air pet can solo every raid encounter in ToV. Dozekar, Gozzrem, Vulak, you name it. Haven't tried the fabled versions, though.

edit: oh that ToV, sorry
  13. Captain Video Augur

My mage pet can tank Overlord Gnikan. So there.
  14. Ryino Elder

I mean if your guild runs 0 melee DPS this could be useful
    Szilent likes this.
  15. Verrse Primaul

Should read.. Shaman and Druid DPS are tanking raid mobs. Would be more believable.
  16. Marton Augur

Pets again? I guess warrior tanking and dps is ok then ...
  17. Maedhros High King

This is your very first message on the forums new member? Basically a call to nerf mage pets?
    Did you know that sometimes tanks die and melee dps end up tanking raid mobs? I know, crazy right?
    Sometimes knucklehead pet owners forget to turn off pet taunt and their pets cause all kinds of fun problems. Most guilds call out the offending pet owner and insist that they turn off pet taunt.
    I assure you, there is no tactical advantage to be gained by using a pet tank on any boss mob in TOV raids. If a pet is tanking a trash mob, who freakin cares? Hell even if they can tank a raid boss, the amount of negatives that would result far outweigh any potential gain.
    When a pet tanks, they can taunt, but they cannot maintain agro worth a damn, so your have to severely reduce the dps that people can bring to the table in an effort to 'let" the pet tank.
    This thread by the OP is fake news. GTHO.
  18. Laronk Augur

Lol memories of beast? Raid in voa
    Nadisia likes this.
  19. Nadisia Augur

I do remember also the silly (but funny) RoF Valley of King Xorbb 1st raid iirc, with the Mino, where chain petting was super effective for us non-uber guilds.
    This guy, once brownie was dead, was hitting like a truck convoy and outside of invulnerability discs, it was nearly impossible for us to keep a tank alive.

Chaining pets ftw !!! :D
    Duder likes this.
  20. Duder Augur

Yes lol, the guild I was in also did that same method. Also pet tanked Grelleth while the tanks tended to the trash and minis. RoF is also when they began a sweep of changes to pets to prevent such methods, which was a healthy change for the game. ;)
    Szilent likes this.