4 Box. SK, Necro, DRuid, Shaman

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mageratic, May 3, 2020.

1. Mageratic New Member

Can I get help on spell and AA line up for Necro and Druid in a 4 box team please. I have been playing sk/shaman box and added necro because its one of my past time favorite classes. I added druid for back up healer and buffs and utility player with dots and snares etc. I just need help with the setup for necro and druid I took them to 85 heroic.
  2. Zinth Augur

google the everquest heroic char guide should be one for all classes (some better than others)
  3. Xenze Elder

I haven’t touched a Necro nor a Druid since I’ve come back, but my advice:

You have an SK, he heals himself with damn near everything he does. He’s got a built in Snare via AAs. Use that.

Use your Shaman as your back up healer since his heals are stronger and better anyway compared to the Druid. Plus the Shaman has the Virulent Paralysis AA (knockback + strong root). Load up a couple of your Combo + Fast DoTs

Druid, use him as another DPS. Load a fast heal, AoE Root, and evac. Then load up on debuff, DoTs, and a few DDs. Druids have quite a few tools to make them good DPS

Necro...I’m not overly familiar with their group game. I got used to kiting 5-6 mobs at a time on mine and that’s how I played him. But from what I recall, even at 85, they’re lacking “utility” and fun big “push me” AA buttons. I know they can turn mobs into “undead” and have decent tools to deal woth that involving some nice DDs, but with the other 3 classes, by the time you got around to doing that and getting some damage rolling, the mobs gonna be dead.

So I’d get used to tanking multiple mobs at a time on the SK (self heals / AoE aggro / Shaman synergy and back up heals), so that way you can get multiple mobs dotted up and actually have the DoTs be of use...or jump up in difficulty (also, tanking multiples if/when you can)
  4. Mageratic New Member

I have looked some classes dont have lot of information on them.
  5. Zinth Augur

then sit down, sort your AA's by "activate" look them through, make hotbuttons, test them out, read what they do etc.

same with spells... read their descriptions, test them out, that's what most of us do anyways and then we find out some spells works best in some scenarious where they are useless in others (getting to know your class) when you master that, you are good at your class
  6. Ketzerei84 Elder

Necro is good with SK, just stack a few dots, tab over to refresh as needed - but you don't really NEED the heals from druid with your shaman, druid ds is nice but not as game changing for an sk as for another tank in this setup - if you're going with the druid for ds and ports, consider a wizard instead: you'll get more dps in your crew, the tradeoff being less extra heals and a crappy low level ds plus ports and evac on demand. IMO the wizard is going to be a more efficient addition to the team than druid, while still bringing a lot of the same tools to the table.
  7. Xenze Elder

8. Mageratic New Member

For druid I was thinking if needed extra heal down the road when Im doing high level bosses. I like wizard. If i can get bye using merc healer when needed wizard be good option.
  9. Xenze Elder

Mage is a solid option too - good dps, back up tank, and CoH goes a long way with transporting your party
  10. samil New Member

I would drop the druid for a mage. You lose ports, but that's not much of an issue between fellowship campfires, PoK, and the guild hall. Still have a decent damage shield, and call of the hero is so incredible nice to have when moving a group through zones, especially dungeons. Also, you have an offtank with the mage pet. A merc healer and shaman should have plenty of healing power for tougher boss fights. Plus, with the mage, you can have a mage pet, necro pet, shammy pet, sk and sk pet, plus a merc rogue all procing roar of the lion from the shaman, which is great adps.
  11. Tucoh Augur

I don't have any good advice for you besides consider dropping the druid for a bard, mage or enchanter.
  12. Ketzerei84 Elder

Necro box has a proc which boosts SK mana regen, can't recall what it's called since I quit live a couple years back in favor of TLPs but I dropped an ench box for a necro box some years back and never regretted it. Bard can be useful, but /melody still breaks and then you just have a crappy autoattack going until you tab over and set it going again. With 4 boxes try to avoid melee as much as possible since it seriously increases micromanagement and you have a lot of micromanagement already with SK/SHM as your base.
  13. Tucoh Augur

No disagreements with anything you've said, but in case you haven't played a bard in the last year or so, they added some improvements to /melody that makes it more resistant to breaking. Specifically it doesn't break if it his a spell on cooldown or a single-targetted spell you can't hit.

You still have to stop /melody to hit your epic or more other clickies though, which risks getting your stuff locked until you restart EQ.