If 70 % of the boxers are chanter/clr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, May 2, 2020.

1. Tucoh Augur

This is my first TLP, am I right in thinking that historically many active players will level with one char or box team that's considered ideal for the era (original, kunark etc) and then create alts that are less ideal but still fun or opportunistic?

I'm thinking of running enc/cle to start and then rolling different characters to level with people or experience different areas.
  2. Hdizzle Augur

I've made off time toons on Mangler and on Agnarr. I raided heavily on Fippy and RF. I can tell you from those 4 singular experiences, the best players at least box two. 3 is a great number for classic, and you will see them too (probably why they arbitrarily decided on 2 for their new rules). And yeah its going to be heavy tank/shammy and enc/caster duos. On Fippy and RF the last TLP toon I invested any serious interest into tons of rot gear went to boxes and yeah I would stash some neat gear if i found it for a new toon on occasion.

The old addage is true however, play what you want not what you think is needed. The raids will have plenty of balance and AOC's really do make the classic-PoP eq raid game waaay more inviting and fun.

Enc/Clr will be very popular but also needed for those pug groups. Don't over think it.
  3. Kittany Augur

I'm of the opinion that there's a difference between a healthy server and a server on life support propped up by the mass boxers.
    Ragnoruk likes this.
  4. Hdizzle Augur

Is Coirnav, phinny or Agnarr healthy ? They do not have mass boxers.

Follow up... are they more healthy than Xegony or Bristlebane on live?

I will never believe the only healthy EQ server is located between classic and velious and played exclusively one toon per player.

What even is a healthy EQ server?

Edit* I'm dumb ofcourse coirnav, phinny and agnarr have mass boxers Lol. Another notch in the belt for draconian boxing rules.
  5. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

:eek: .
  6. Vlahkmaak Augur

I will definitely be playing a warrior and hopefully finding some west coast play time buddies with similar play times for routine groupage. Was hoping for a Luclin launch so I could box Troll War/BST. Not sure what my second will be as the run to Grobb from Qeynos suxxors early on. Have done War/Sha, War/Dru. Maybe War/Necro or War/Wiz this time around. Not having access to the 3rd box for chanter is going to suck big time though when solo play. War/Bst from the get go would have been nice. Leaning towards the necro as there is zero down time with a necro. I can just kite non stop. The Wiz might be nice as it is an under appreciated class in classic and port options can bring in some cash - although I tend to just port/buff for free.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

My experience with having raided with the top guilds across multiple TLPs is the best players don't really like to box.
    Myzfyt, Hdizzle and Kobra like this.
  8. Kobra Augur

You are right.

I will be on rizlona I am not boxing. I already have a set group with real people.

I like the capability of boxing, but usually I never do because I am very good at building a network of friends to rely on.

My group will be among the first to hit 50 on rizlona. Maybe some no life boxer will beat us, but its doubtful.
    Hdizzle likes this.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

:rolleyes: one no life boxer against 6 no life players in a race to 50?
    Who's the winner ? I don't see any clear winner in that setup.
    Thalliius likes this.
  10. Hdizzle Augur

The person/people who have the most fun are the winners:).

I def enjoy raiding as one toon but lets be real. If you are "maining" a wizard or a healer you can absolutely box a bard or a cleric or another caster type to help fill out a Dz split.

Noone complains about that boxer.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Nobody plays eq for fun, and certainly none of us are winners.
  12. Arclyte Augur

[IMG]

- HoodenShuklak circa 2020
  13. Sikkun Augur

You can make and level a group with almost anything in classic.

The problem is people want to min/max uptime zem hardrush to 50 in 40 hours (then spend 3 months complaining about the lack of content). Most the TLPers play the game exactly like they do modern MMOs that they bash all the time.
  14. Kobra Augur

I set goals in game and in real life and I achieve them.

I am clearly the winner.
  15. Xust New Member

I was planning on playing main bard and possibly having a druid box just for soloing when i dont have a group or buff/porting out of party
  16. Frodlinn New Member

Why is SK/SHAM so popular? I was thinking SK/CLR, seems like a more solid choice. Thoughts?
  17. a_librarian Augur

both shaman and SK are absolute god level classes in every single era of the game. They just start a little slow in classic and before you have any gear. It's probably more popular than SK/Clr because of the self sufficiency of having slow + shaman buffs/DPS brings. I do know SK/Clr/Enc is a really damn strong 3 box that is fairly popular.
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

How dare they have fun playing video games with their friends
  19. SleezerGeezer Elder

Are both new servers going to be 2 box?
  20. Orsenfelt Journeyman

/wave