Suggestion for Developers

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Sandy100, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Sandy100 Elder

I am thinking of coming back to EQ, I always didn't like two things in EQ that EQ2 did well:

1. It is very difficult to see who has any quests without having to talk to everyone, which was a real time sink pain and
    2. Crafting was MUCH worse and harder than in EQ2,which did it right.

I was wondering what the status of the game is now regarding these issues. I don't see a lot of newbies,which I think is because the expansions have been catering to the vet raiders. However, making the interface more user and newbie friendly can be a big step in bringing back more players. Thus, if this wasn't done, I recommend adding flags to quest givers, making crafting a LOT more akin to what goes on in EQ2, and adding a good interactive map showing quests, npcs etc, if there isn't a good one already..
    Note, I am not arguing for a more "carebear" approach to everything. I think, however, that these improvements would make a huge difference to many players especially new players and for those thinking of returning.
    Pirlo likes this.
  2. Sandy100 Elder

Just to be clearer: I am recommending that maps be developed and modeled after the EQ2 maps that show NPCs, quests, mobs and other events clearly. EQ maps, even player made, tend to be very clunky and contain too much text for clarity.

Finally, I left out that I wish there was at least one progression server that has the experience bonus of FV. I do know that players can automatically get to level 85 in live servers, but I think that this defeats everything about the game. People should learn the game by playing it!! How's that for a novel idea. Allowing for faster leveling on TLP servers would really be interesting to new comers.
  3. Sandy100 Elder

One HUGE improvement that you can make is with the Cont- Find button. Being able to get a path to finding mobs, npc etc is very handy especially due to the comparatively crappy maps available. Sadly, however, the find button doesn't always work well. For example, error message keep resulting in order to find NPCs. Some npcs aren't even listed on the control find button. For example, if I leave Cabilis and go to bone field and try a control find, no npc or merchant or guard shows up,which is unaccepable. My suggestion is to either fix the find button to really show all nearby npcs without errors or use the eq2 type of map. It can't be that hard to implement.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, for quests, pretty much all NPCs with quests have "(Quests)" or something like that under their name, to show you where they are. Also, many of them are available on "Find" (control-F). Finally, for the last several (9?) expacs, you can go to eqresource and look up the zone. All quest givers will be listed for each zone. And, finally-finally, go to your achievement window, and look up the partisan, mercenary, and hero achievements for the relevant zone. It lists the quests/quest-givers for each achievement, so you can see what you're looking for that way.
  5. Zuchero Journeyman

Hello, i dont know if anyone still read this little thread but after i got out of eq for about 6 years im back and trying to get throught some stuff.. I found out that no one is interested in TBL...i kind of complain here and there in forums trying to find players to help or come do it with me. Lately i get helped by a good chanter but he cant pass all his time on my prog. Of what i see TBL is the most complicated expac to go throught; to the point that no one wants to do it anymore. Those who hasnt done it, dont even want to speak about it ..they fear it so much. I am in a guild where people are not raiding and many of us cant get easily to 115 and get the ToV gear crafted and get the crystallized ore to use it. This said i think its time to enhance the value of this game and get TBL crowded again by lowering some flags list , opening a few zones..make the lamp a little easier. I dont think its that hard; maybe if some zones open the players will want to go and go throught the lamp 2 tasks. I think and by far that TBL is the nicest expac EQ ever had. Actually im trying to solo some tasks when my friend can't come help. The look the mobs ...is so different and original. From my point of sight that game would be way hotter with TBL openings.
    Its really the best of what DB has done. Great design there congrats for the nice dev job. The exp is still good , many augs are still upgrades even with many ToV augs on. I cant believe no one has thought of doing this ...TBL is dead forever? I am alone in most zones i go. Its too hot for being only for raid players to flag then leave it. I have many good ideas like this. Plz do something.