aradune true box clarification

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by snareclicky, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Vicus Augur

Yeah this is kinda amazing. When Miragul was waiting to be released, we told them that it needed to be a non-truebox server to be successful and there was so much push-back that it needed to be truebox. The server failed because it was truebox. Now people have the ultimate "truebox server" and all everyone can do talk about how they want more boxes and don't want to be told what they can and can't do.

It's like complaining everyday that people are speeding through a stop sign near your house. You call the cops and complain so they finally put a cop out there to enforce the stop sign, but while they are doing that they pull you over and give you a ticket for having a headlight out.

The Gm's are going to police all the rules while they are on the server, not just the ones you didn't like others breaking, but remember "we" wanted this.
  2. Hinastorm86 Augur

There are certainly RMTers posting here trying to feel out the rules on Aradune to gauge how they should proceed, but I think the majority are just people trying to understand the rules fully.

For example, the whole 2 boxes per IP or per person thing is a good thing to get clarified. If going by the guild recruitment forum is any indication, it looks like Aradune is going to be alot more populated, which is attractive, but people might be turned off if the boxing rules are just going to be circumvented like always.
  3. Vicus Augur

Yeah especially since for some reason they get 3 chances on Aradune compared to 2 chances on Rizlona. After reading the focus group notes, it seems that the devs think that people weren't automating on the other truebox servers but we all know you can full blown afk on Truebox as well.

It's also clear that when they made the rules (prior to posting and getting any feedback) they assume that Rizlona was going to be the popular server and the trouble maker. Boy did they get that wrong. People who have been actively wanting a boxing server and seek it out are the ones that are just looking to challenge themselves and keep to themselves mostly. The RMT people are the ones that seek out those who rather pay 15 dollars for an FBSS then farm it.
  4. Karanthal Augur

I'm guessing Rizlona is going to end up home for people who want to be left alone to solo group content and run mini raids of their own or with a handful of friends.

The usual box crews who farm rare items aren't going to have the single player market to sell to, those players will all be on Aradune. Other box crew's wont be interested in buying what they can get themselves, if I've got 6+ toons, I'm not buying GEBs from someone else, I'm going to compete for the camp. Eventually the farmers will disappear if any go there to start with leaving just those who want to gear up their own toons and move on.

I'm enjoying Mangler too much at the moment to move, but if I found myself unable to play at normal raid items, the idea of raiding with my own crew at times that suit does appeal to me more than another Phinny/Mangler clone.
  5. KimchiGoddess Augur

They will 100% be circumvented the per person leaves it open for abuse. The real test is if there will be consequences for those who pretend they have other people playing their extra boxes or if they'll have free reign like SG botters.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

My guess is that most players want to have a perceived "edge" - human societies for hundreds of years failed or succeeded on how well they exploited the world around them, in game that same instinct drives a lot of good & bad behaviour, and a lot of it is resource competition.

People want the Truebox because they imagine it creates a restriction on a majority of players that they can then exploit for their own benefit, when there are no restrictions they are on a more even footing & that edge they imagine they can have is removed, along with the fact they think big box armies will out compete them everywhere for everything, missing the motivation for doing that in the first place.

What actually happens is that a small few find a way to have a very significant edge & then all those who only wanted a small edge get real upset about that huge advantage, it's quite hypocritical to be anti-bot army yet still seek to gain an edge for yourself albeit a small one but it's extraordinarily common, relative harm being the overriding justification for their own actions - "I only do minimal damage, that guy is wrecking the whole server". Meanwhile those who were not seeking an edge are probably looking at all of the mini-boxers & mass-boxers thinking, you all suck, at least to some degree.

TL;DR human nature strikes again.
  7. Zinth Augur

just sounds like you say "boxers = RMT'ers" which isn't true, most boxers don't RMT, most box because of various reasons (which have been listed extensively recently) and they of course still want to play with their friends and raid with their friends (guild) so yeah... they flock towards the server they are on for obvious reasons

sadly all my friends seem to be going to Aradune, even those that usually box more than 2 because everyone thinks Rizlona is gonna be the wild west...

my prediction says Aradune will be worse with RMT'ers than Rizlone for the single reason that all the box haters fund their RMT campaigns. there are simple ways to get rid of RMT'ers (don't buy their crapola) and accept they will try to farm it and sell it to you... but all those box haters want that edge and those golden boots and sweet haste belt, so they cause the problem they despise so much...

but Rizlona, the other "boxers" aren't interested in the RMT'ers farming stuff for them, so most won't pay for their crapola, which makes the server very un-interesting to RMT'er, yes they have free reign on boxing, but no customers... so where do you think they will be? the server with the customers or the server with the easy boxing?
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The LFG game dies off for two reasons, one is players have become increasingly averse to grouping outside of their guilds & because people get fed up of waiting around for other people when they have much more life responsibilities to manage & less time to waste sitting around trying to find people join their group or waiting for a group they can join. Older people hate wasting time as they are ever more aware of their impending mortality - sorry to be vaguely morbid, it's just how it is.

Pick up groups get rarer & rarer the longer this game runs, everyone hates grouping with jerks, resentment to it & the accumulated bad experiences that go with it take a toll, aversion is now a chronic disease.

Boxing is only really needed on TLP once the much smaller amount of LFG that does happen wears thin but people got wise, they know the doom of a sparser population that is even more averse to grouping with non-guildies is right around the corner, so they go in prepared, they make box characters early & they make sure they are aa'd & geared to the teeth as an insurance policy of sorts.
    Zinth likes this.
  9. Sikkun Augur

I don’t think most boxers RMT. I think the people posting trying to come up with every reason possible they should be able to box differently than the rules of the server RMT and/or want other advantages.
  10. Zinth Augur

or maybe we just like to play a certain way, with our friends? and a 3boxer vs. you with 2 friends would have no advantages since no boxer is 100% effective, unless your 2 friends are afk slacking it.
  11. Sikkun Augur

And there are 26 other servers you and your friends can play on. Even another server starting at the same time with the same ruleset!
  12. Darkfisted New Member

So in my house I play a mage, my wife plays a ranger, and my brother in law plays a shaman under this ruleset will only two of us be allowed to play on this server? None of us play two accounts at once but it will look like home is running 3 accounts? safe not safe???
  13. Gnothappening Augur

It isn't based on IP, it is based on human being. So in theory you guys could run a 6 man team if you wanted. The reality is, expect to be reported any time you have a camp someone else wants.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  14. ProgressionFreak Augur

Might as well call the server "snitchfest"
  15. Machen New Member

From what they've said, it's no problem for you to play together with all three of you each running an account. The limit is per person, not per household.
    Whoops likes this.
  16. Ronzark Augur

Typical child like Alinsky attack. Cognitive dissonance is a butch. It was far more expensive to get a 2nd machine than to get a souped up one. Your argument is nothing but a straw man.
  17. Ronzark Augur

I wonder if you've apologized to all the people you've made snide remarks to when you were wrong? Somehow I highly doubt it. You can't even admit it without being a jerk and posting a meme to cover your dissonance.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So you say I am making snide responses eh?

Here's what I have said in this thread:

I don't think that was being snide just stating my understanding.

Was I being snide when I said:

I thought that showed quite clearly I was open to being wrong, was that when you think I was being snide?

You went full-metal idiot about this post:

Saying:

When the rage I had referenced was in this post:

So yes I posted a response with the guy tapping his forehead to show that had you bothered to take a few moments to read properly, had you understood the context, and had you not been going off the deep end you would have seen I wasn't the one being some dumb jerk, if you want to know who had "dissonance" you should be looking in the mirror for that guy.

But hey, if made you feel dumb or embarrassed you in front of the other forum users then I would like to apologise.... for absolutely nothing.
    KimchiGoddess and Zinth like this.
  19. versair Journeyman

@dreamweaver

So, I know you likely cannot tell us exactly how this will be enforced. However, with that said...My wife and I would like to play on this server. She isn't as ambitious as I am, and only wants to play a cleric (I know, not a druid, its amazing!) I'd like to fully 2 box. However, that leaves us roaming around norrath as a party of 3. It also means, as a cleric...she just sits and casts, and rarely moves otherwise. I can imagine if we decided to not group with anyone and go hunting on our own, and someone saw us... 1000% would look like we may be boxing 3. Kind of hard to visually discern that though in this type of game where you have certain classes being very low action oriented.

My real intent with this post, and i'm hopeful you can provide ANY type of clarification...we are worried about being harassed and have possible false positive petitions/GM interaction. Seeing as how things are relatively unclear at the moment, we worry that we may face undo stress or complications in wanting to play carefree and enjoy the game. TLDR: more hassle than it's worth.

We understand things will not be perfect, and are totally willing to deal with those types of issues if they are a 1 time, or not common place. We'd love to chat with the GMs if if happens once or twice. But, I'm sure you can imagine...if this happens daily? We would stop playing. It just wouldn't be fun at that point.

So again, any information would be wonderful, though I'm sure you cannot say much.
  20. Sikkun Augur

What more clarification is there than you can have 2 per person? People who are a-holes and try to report everything they see will probably get banned.

Or no one will get banned, that’s an option also.

If your not cheating, stop worrying about it.