Aradune - GM Enforcement and DPS Racing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Relentless, Apr 29, 2020.

1. code-zero Augur

The original and still existing game mechanics are that attributed damage claims the kill. There was no attempt to fix this back in the early days of the game but instead a PNP was set in place and enforced by volunteer guides as well as GM's. That was a very sketchy thing to do and still is. It encouraged favoritism and outright corruption which apparently was just fine with Brad and company
  2. Febb Augur

Ya I think the rules in place will still be there which means you still will have to DPS race and there are no such things as camps. I think the GM's will be checking for bots however.
  3. Ragnoruk Augur

I highly doubt that any rules regarding KSing are going to change. The GMs will have their hands full, so to speak, dealing with Box related issues. KSing and being a bully towards players that choose non-dps classes in group situations is a jerk move in my opinion. Competing for open world raid targets I can understand.
  4. C3lowz Augur

Camps are not recgonized in the game by the devs. So I doubt this server will be any different.

The current devs are completely fine with DPS racing. Do the damage, get the reward is their general stance here.

Openworld/Raid disputes may be a tricky one. I know in the not so distant past this was an actual concern they attempted to fix. Considering this can involve will over 100+ players, interesting to see how this will go.

Not sure about item recoveries. I imagine if you can prove/they can confirm (which I don't see why not) you had the item and lost it due to a rollback they'll return it.

I know back when I raided with instances if we had an issue of a lost raid instance they just wiped everyones lock out timer who participated in the raid. Probably the only thing they can really do here.

Of course this is all speculation. I don't believe anyone here knows just what the GM presence will be truly for. Obviously Aradune GM will be a main focus on anyone boxing more than 2 characters.
    Myzfyt likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

I don't think this is an accurate or fair statement. The devs are not the ones setting or enforcing customer service policy.
  6. C3lowz Augur

Devs, GMs, DPG employees whatever you want to call them.

They've proven and even posted here somewhere that DPS racing is not something they will punish you for.

I "camp steal". I "DPS race", I make a lot of enemies in this game. But I'm still here, no punishment. In fact it is quite the opposite as I often get Trained (which is a suspendable offense) and I always have my video recording software ready with my F11 key for when those who think I'm breaking the rules decide to train me. Needles to say, I got quite a lot of people suspended for their improper playing actions.

Am I a (apparently cant curse here)? Of course I am. If I see my Guildies or players I/my Guild are cool with, I won't "DPS Race" them or "Steal their camp" but if you're any other random Jane/Joe and I want your camp/mob, I'll play within the game rules to "take it" from you, assuming I feel me and my team are capable of doing so. I do this quite often. And I plan on doing this on Aradune, probably not as much as I can only 2 box, but I'll still be that kind of player, cause, hey, its within the rules. If DPG decides to change their stance on these, then by all means. I will change mine, but as of right now and within the last few years, these are totally fine playing tactics I will and do utilize on.
  7. KimchiGoddess Augur

I think you're a (word I can't say here) for this, but personal feelings aside you're playing within the scope of the rules set forth by DPG. That being said, morons who try to retaliate by training you or anything else (I know harassment, cursing people out and personal attacks have gotten people suspended) deserve the punishment they get and good on you for getting the proof and seeing it through.

I don't like your type of play style, I don't do it myself and if someone is doing it to me and I don't have the forces to out-dps, I move on. I'm playing a game to have fun, if I'm not having fun what's the point in just getting butt hurt and spazzing out? Makes zero sense.
  8. Sikkun Augur

So edgy
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  9. Vicus Augur

I read this like 4 times and each time I chuckled. So much in one thread. Virus Joke, Mom Joke, EQ joke. Love it.
    Chikkin, Herf and KimchiGoddess like this.
  10. NoWay Augur

Dps race, quit being a snowflake. I need to roll need to sell the items to buy that armor I NEED.
  11. Zinth Augur

and still you would cry like yet another snowflake when a caster rolls need on your armor/weapon because a caster NEED to buy spells
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  12. Ruination Elder

The equivalent would that your mom tried to grab a pack of toilet paper but did so slower than my mom so my mom got the toilet paper because she has better gear
  13. sumnayin Augur

I despise getting a group somewhere and no gear I can use drops there...not being allowed to get loot, the people that get all the loot because their class can use it(but won't) still roll on all the cash/trash loot...and when someone speaks up they're told "what is the problem? you're getting experience". Yes, the guy winning cash loot, taking gear they won't use(but will sell), and is also getting experience, is telling someone else to be thankful they're ONLY getting experience.

You know what solves it...everyone rolling NEED so that people who can't get upgrades, can sell the items and buy upgrades. It isn't greedy to want to improve your gear.
  14. Laronk Augur

I usually group with friends so really ill let them loot things if they "need" it, but man if you're a mage at the fbss camp and you roll need on that belt good for you.
  15. Shoryuureppa Journeyman

after reading this, I don't know you, but I already hate you, only the people you and your guild are cool with you wont KS or "take what you want" from? I can't imagine if you treat people IRL the same way you look at people behind their avatar, too bad there is no pvp enabled

I really hope there is going to be a server blacklist made by players as I remember back in the days where if you were confirmed practicing those dastardly deeds, people would bound together to dish out the same medicine to you constantly until you actually changed your ways or got tired and made a new char usually it was always the latter, unfortunately they added the option later on to buy name changes which gave the (the very reason why they added bought name changes were for people like you)

I really hope to never run into you while on Aradune
  16. Relentless Insomnia

[IMG]
  17. Ruination Elder

I never understood training others, maybe they die and have to res or maybe they kill the mobs and you helped them xp. If you want to mess with someone within the rules for forcing you out of a camp then gather all the mobs in their camp and run them along the zone walls for 15ish mins. That is long enough to make your point, that's 15 minutes no one gets xp or loot. Sharing looks alot better after that
  18. yerm Augur

EQ was worse before they abandoned camp rules. People very literally sat on spots for days. A prime camp like efreeti or frenzy you would just shuffle friends/guildmates to always have it locked down and it was quite literally never available to anyone else.

DPS races are absolutely toxic a lot of the time but I write them off as a necessary evil to prevent monopolies.

Good luck to the gms who have to sift through all the petitions related to them anyway.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Kobra Augur

Evercrack babies who need a hall monitor lol.

I played this game for 21 years and never once had to petition a GM for anything.

Glad I won't be playing on Karendune server.

Pathetic.
  20. That0neguy Augur

Where do we go to add Shor to the Boomer blacklist of people who are clueless and drag the group/raid down?