You've ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin mine!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ThenaEQ, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Bullsnooze Augur

That's really good food for thought.

One would assume they (Picks and AoC instances) are one in the same instance type, but they could very well be different. I wonder what the true differences are.
  2. Lumiens Augur

I swear you always said on your stream that Holly hates you so how did you get in her Focus group then?
  3. Gnothappening Augur

[/quote]

VMs outside of Linux users and maybe the cloud compute argument is a weird one, because if you take away Truebox your not going to play on a VM. Just a loss of performance for no reason.[/quote]

VMs are probably the easiest solution to the people who play on mac and linux. While small, there was a group that played on Al'Kabor. Macs have also increased in market share. The ones that can't play natively would probably use parallels, but it will get you a ban.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Maybe Holly wanted to engage even with the people she strongly disagrees with, many of the best leaders employ this strategy in fact.
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  5. Sikkun Augur

VMs outside of Linux users and maybe the cloud compute argument is a weird one, because if you take away Truebox your not going to play on a VM. Just a loss of performance for no reason.[/quote]

VMs are probably the easiest solution to the people who play on mac and linux. While small, there was a group that played on Al'Kabor. Macs have also increased in market share. The ones that can't play natively would probably use parallels, but it will get you a ban.[/quote]

A good alternative is you can side load windows 10 (just use a trial it never stops working) on an external and boot from the Mac. When I was still raiding I have EQ/Windows on a thumb drive so I can just launch from my work laptop so I didn’t have to take two on travel.
  6. Machen New Member

I've posted this several times recently, but the big differnce according to the devs from a year or so back was that older static zones have a lot of scripts running that bog down the server. Instances were specifically designed differently (LDoN onwards when they were introduced) to avoid this. In theory it is possible to update the zones so that they work differently, but some of the old scripts no one even understands any more. (There have been a few examples recently where devs have tinkered with things and it resulted in unexpected consequences.)
    Whoops, Bullsnooze and Skuz like this.
  7. jeskola pheerie

its like one of those flirty bickering crushes. She says "I hate you!" to Bobby and then kisses him.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Holly is tsundere, confirmed.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Herf Augur

...annnnd that's the final missing piece of the puzzle! Thank you for that.

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Master Kahleem Augur

Not wrong though?
    Whoops likes this.
  11. Master Kahleem Augur

Mangler ruleset with Agnarr pop/ldon lock, and only 2 boxes per person. Sounds like the worst possible server to launch.

Rizlona sounds like the better choice tbh.
  12. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

First, the reason they had raids as instances was because of the guilds fighting over raid content, interfering with other guilds, or blocking content.

So, why not do the same for group content in that they can do away with named mobs on live content. They can have progression drops, named loot and named spawns in instances Like LDON. Instances would not be like tasks in that they would not have a task associated.

Players could buy scrolls from a vendor that would open up an instanced version of the zone they want to travel to and spawn the named they want.

That way nothing is over camped, KS'ed, or hacked that affects other players. They could put chase loot, trade-skill drops, and collections in live zones.

The boters can have their own instances to cheat.

The live players and boxers can remain un molested.

Secondly if they don't want people to box, make content easy enough for players to win solo.

Why not make everything tradeable except raid instanced loot? But group dropped/quested loot should never be as good as raid gear.

Any thing killable solo or by groups should be tradable.
    Skuz and KimchiGoddess like this.
  13. Bullsnooze Augur

That definitely makes sense.
  14. KimchiGoddess Augur

I enjoyed PoP back in its original live era, though I know a lot of people decried it as being the breaking point of EQ, though some feel that Luclin was.

What gets me with the TLPs now is the flagging, it's just tiresome over and over and over again TLP after TLP. I mean the default planes you can access are already limited and then they are even more limited because PoI is taken over by AE groups making krono to PL people. On Mangler the characters that I play with my friend who only comes on for weekend play are not even PoJ trial flagged yet, neither are his. It's not for lack of trying, but constant failures and hours long attempts with randoms and no real wins.

I can get why maybe you'd not want everyone overruning stuff like Fire and actually earning it ... but zones like Storms, Valor, just let them be unlocked for more variety. Or don't let people disrupt the limited amount of open zones with pulling all the mobs to the zone in and AEing them, running over and wiping groups along the way with social aggro to mobs they are killing.

It'll never change though, so I'm just pointlessly posting ;p
  15. KimchiGoddess Augur

Exactly this, I've been playing the game since 1999 with 80% of my time being a paying customer and a few forays into EMUs like p99 and r99. I don't understand why a select handful of high posting forum warriors were selected to have the be all end all say on the forums. The entire thing seems shady and as a whole the TLP population wouldn't have known about it if the chat transcript wasn't shared.

Shame on DPG imo.
    Maneuvre and Herf like this.
  16. Ksenija Elder

All I get out of this is Daybreak / SOE / XYZ Is complacent in hacking , end of story
    Duder and enclee like this.
  17. pinco Lorekeeper

whats the minimum size of a raid to get an aoc ?
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

This company had a history of listening to 1% players which cost them market share from 500k+ subscribers down to where we are today. Not shocking.
    KimchiGoddess and enclee like this.
  19. Yawgmoth. Journeyman

i dont think they could of gotten a worse group of players to give input on server rulesets if they tried.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I know right?
    Why not just make all of EQ like the expansion people quit TLPs in.
    Surely none of the people that quit mid PoP every server will dislike this change at all.