48 Boxer Vows to come to Zek to fight those that oppose Ascending Dawn

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elemtal, May 2, 2020.

1. Elemtal Lorekeeper

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/608291886
    Fast Forward to 12:38:49, the 48 boxers is coming to Zek to help out the "#1 guild on zek Ascending Dawn"
    Call to Arms for all that want to play on a server with double exp and PvP. Pegate Runs This Show is currently recruiting and we are going to attempt raids within the next couple weeks.
    Send a message to Elemtal, Craynex, Amberly, and Nagaunee for more information.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  2. Duder Augur

He sounds like Mitch Hedberg.
  3. Elemtal Lorekeeper

I was pretty entertained watching him until he said that Ascending Dawn are the top dogs on Zek
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Dang that would double zek's population right?
    Deux, elrox, Sancus and 13 others like this.
  5. enclee Augur

How sad.
  6. Sokon Augur

Replying in show of support to the Zek server.

A little about me, I originally first played on Zek during the Zek mergers and got most of my play time and kills in during the Omens of War, Dragons of Norrath and Underfoot expansions, that era. I have been on and off the server several times over the years, but usually I get tired of the non raid status of Zek pretty shortly after playing on it again. The glory days of the Zek merge era are over but having had played during that time I remember how fun Zek PvP at it's finest could/should be.

Top guild on Zek is arguable depending on what you consider weighing. None of them are a real raid guild(at the moment) so it doesn't really matter arguing. Asd, of which I am a recent recruit(1 week), is probably the closest to raiding anything recent and they do have the largest Guild(over 500 members including alts).

Apparently "Pegate Runs this Show" guild is also getting more numbers ~ And this is important because the server needs atleast 2 thriving guilds to maintain atmosphere, community and the availability of PvP. Although the raid game is virtually non existent at this time(noone is raiding anything better than tov group gear), it is exciting for me after returning from a 2 year break and having all of RoS, TBL and ToV expansion progression, AA and gear/augs to work on. Taking in the consideration of the 50% exp bonus also makes Zek not a bad place to be for a returning player.

Zek has been broken for years and it's never going to get a patch to fix these things unless the numbers increased dramatically and obviously daybreak would have to offer some sort of other incentive to Zek. Free xfer and 50% exp bonus haven't proved to be that effective in increasing numbers needed for healthy recruitment to surviving guilds. They could look into other possible incentives but everyone on blue would probably complain since it appears most of them that ever comment on the forums from blue over the years have no show of support whatsoever.

by broken I mean some melee hits can hit for 200-300 k dmg in one hit in PvP, far exceeding 40% of a players life, some dots can tick over 300 k dmg in a single tick(after mitigation/runes). The luck stat really pumped these numbers up and quite arguably pvp in Everquest deserves a patch, but the current population of Zek arguably might not.

off the top of my head, other incentives dbc could look into is:

revamping the PvP merchant whos items are all no better than luclin gear. Easily they could add old raid gear to it from an expansion, once htat expansion is 2-3 expansions old.
    allow players on Zek to have 10 overseer quests at a time, vice 5
    increase the drop rate and spawn rate of ground spawns of collection items
    allow the use of a number(6-12) Mercenaries in Raid instances
    reduce the cost of items on the loyalty merchant on Zek
    reduce the fail rate on crafted items crafted on Zek
    Increase the spawning of Rare creatures in all zones on Zek, permanently
    Reduce raid lockout timers to 48 hours
    Allow players to use 2 mercs of different types at the same time.
    Reduce tribute costs or significantly increase tribute rewarded by all items turned in.

etc etc etc.

If they implement 5 or so of these, one might see a decent rise in Zek population over a years time and possibly resulting in a guild that can do some of the raids in the current expansion again. Which I don't think has existed for going on several years now. I believe the last attempt was clan Wudan under Dorigen's leadership doing several raids in the revamped Hate and Fear zones but that has been about the extent of raiding content when it was current ability on the Zek server for, idk, 6, 7, 8 years?

I'm pretty sure no guild on Zek has beaten any raid in EoK, RoS, TBL, nor certainly ToV. Just a guess, could be mistaken. But the typical thing that happens is that group gear comes out that is better than anything the guilds can raid. So they just never bother trying to raid 3-4 expansion old content once it might be doable as the time is better spent getting current group gear.
  7. jeskola pheerie

It's worse than that right now. Currently, only the previous expansion has raid gear that beats current group gear. For example, the TOV Group T2 bp is better than the ROS final raid bp.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

prolly quadruple it .. LOL
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

One way to fix Zek server, would be to enable transfers to an from for free ..

And "IF" any one who likes pvp still want to go that rout it would enable them to.

However what every single thread about zek servers always trys to avoid is that the actual truth of the matter is simple.

1. Not enough pvp'ers exists in the entirety of the whole every server in this EQ.. exists now to support a two raid force front ..

2. The Pvp system of Everquest is thee worst pvp design in the entire world right now for game mechanics of PVP for any platform currently available..

So its very VERY unlikely no matter how / what encentives they push to put higher population #'s onto the zek servers .. not a single (or even multiples) of incentives will ever give them a meaningful population growth .. with out a 100% top to bottom total revamp of the current PVP system in place right now.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If I learned anything from my own experience of PvP on multiple games it is that PvE servers with PvP "scenarios" or "sports events" seems to work a lot better than a game built wholly around PvE trying to do a whole server as PvP everywhere.

1 on 1 PvP is super terrible in a class-based MMORPG, it has to be team or even race, deity or faction based to make any kind of real sense. One reason why I was a big fan of RvRvR in DAoC.

If some big-boxer wants to go to zek maybe it could be good, on a server with such a small population one player can make a difference.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

How would I describe a nearly 13-hour Twitch stream of someone droning on about his boxes?

Adderall.
  12. Nadisia Augur

I've seen this idea elsewhere on another thread, so it's not mine, but imho, the only viable option would be a /zekcopy, more or less a cloned version of /testcopy for Zek.

Copy a character and play on Zek from time to time? Why not, maybe.
    But a transfer to Zek? No.

Even with an option to come back on your original server after a transfer to Zek with unlimited ins and outs, it'd be a pain to play ping pong like that in between 2 servers.

and not counting the potential DB errors and fails :D
    Beimeith likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

/zekcopy is an interesting proposal
  14. Whulfgar Augur

Naa.. id still vote for free server transfures.. to and off of.. rather then a /zekcopy..

Lets logical this out.. on test when you copy over you copy all gear augs aa everything..

And over on Zek.. doing that exact same copy style.. would give some an absolutely unfair advantage.. when everyone else running round in what is basically full sets of grp gear.
  15. Angahran Augur

How does anyone control 48 characters without using software that is not permitted ?
  16. Laronk Augur

It looks like he’s just broadcasting key strokes to me
  17. enclee Augur

Red Bull with shots of 5 hour energy, washed down with a Monster.
  18. Sokon Augur

Imagine if they did something like this. It's like Copy 2.0

Allow any character from any server to log in to their server or onto Zek at any time, without loss of guild tags, neighborhood housing plots etc etc etc. They would only be able to play a single character on either their home server or the Zek server at one time. Meaning they would not be able to run the same character on both servers, whereas with a copy system they would/coul dpossibly if xferring it to another account.

Just imagine if at any time any player or group of players(PvP Team) from all the blue servers wanted to login to Zek they could. Maybe some like to PvP for an hour or too on the weekends. Or maybe they wanna go grind AA's to glyph on there raids and it's more exp on Zek. The possibilities!

Of course if you did this, you would also have to allow free transfers off Zek, because as soon as teams of fully raid geared peeps start coming on peak times and crushing everyone, while Zek players only have their char on Zek because it is their home server as well as the Zek server, they are all gonna start strongly thinking about getting back into or starting raiding again.

The games been around for a long time, and whether your opinion is poor about PvP or not, sometimes a little PvP availability ain't such a bad idea. Heck, raiders, you might even have something else to look forward to other than the nights raid parse. e.g. using all your gear, AAs, clickies etc to...... FIGHT!

For me having been in 2 of the top 5 raiding guilds over the years and seeing the hamster wheel of raid loot from expansion to expansion to expansion, over months and months of finally getting fully geared just to start it all over again, and again, and again... that always boiled down to the only thing I looked forward to was the nights parse. Then I was in an amazing guild, and they just crushed everything like kicking cans down the street and I lost all motivation to even go grind AA's before raids to blow glyphs on the parse. I use to always do that for years, back when they only cost 5 AA a pop. My monk has over 18 k AAs burnt on raid parsing. But when I was in Triton, on raids? I never blew a single glyph. They got their over there so snap crackle down it was like it didn't matter at all what I did, the mob was gonna be dead in 2 mins and then I was gonna do that 3 nights a week for 54 months and then do it again.

I finally, wasn't even able, to look forward to the Parse!!! O M GZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!

So my brother and I, who was also guilded both decided to retire our accounts at that time, end of EoK era. i move logged to zek some time in the next coming weeks figured I might login to play some time for pvp or something, never logged in for 2 straight years lolololol. But, there is just so much new content in the game right now since EoK and these chase loots from TBL and all this cool stuff to work on so I am PVE'ing mostly on Zek atm, with the goal to get as fully geared as I can and then start doing some PvP

Gotta have a good mix of PVE and PVP on the server for the server to stay healthy. And if a real raiding guild can't come to fruition again you will see players leave after they have gotten full group geared/aa'd/achieved simply cause they want to progress more.

There is a good portion of the playerbase on Zek that is near strictly PVE'rs or they bot 6-12 chars at once, so another guy coming over here would be a good thing. But to fix Zek they need to do something BIG, original.

Make Zek the pvp ZONE for all servers. I think they would be able to do that with some funding. COuld even put it on the marketplace "with this ability your character will be able to login to both your home server or the Zek server at any time" 9000 DBC, al the particulars of massive gghs and such would have to be figured out. But I'm sure they could do it with a revenue source supporting it.

Say they got 100-200 people that made that purchase. Zek might actually get a patch this decade! Woo Woo!

I mean if Shadowknights already have 3 abilities that can death touch you, why should they have a new unavoidable 3 slash attack that hit me for over 280 k in just one of its slashes? The third slash didnt even land cause I was already a corpse. !!!

#DOINGWORK
    #WANTINGPATCH
  19. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

The way he pronounces Drinal and Trakanon is just.....awful
  20. Whulfgar Augur

I do not think he understands..

Outside of zek servers right now.. theres less then 50 people server wide.. that care enough about pvping in eq to actually jump from their servers (in any way what so ever) to actually do any thing about it.

Two raid guilds on zek. Even if they had full rosters each of them.. thats still less then 220 players server wide combined..

And theres absolutely no way thats enough revenue to totally revamp the zek servers.. and actually be profitable in doing so.

And if its not profitable.. they wont even attempt it..