ToFS Raid 1 Difficulty / Mechanics concerns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Triconix Augur

What you're saying just basically reaffirms what Maed would say if we got hit with bad RNG...He still said he's fine with the event as is even with bad RNG. You inferred that he would spin this depending on his personal experience. Well, he didn't. So I guess I'll say congratulations on you're hilariously bad attempt to try to and dig up some hypocrisy or shoot down someone.

Also, we had lots of people not paying attention to their Chill level and dying. Dying = loss of dps. Loss of dps = more time spent on the enrage timer. We also were allowing many tanks to die on the first time. Do I need to explain how that affects raid performance?

RNG had nothing to do with wiping. It was just terrible overall performance on the first event of the night. When we got our head out of our behinds we performed better and the results showed. (And let's not forget we were one of the few guilds who bothered to even beat the raid before the hotfix so further proof that RNG had little to do with it).

Yes, yes he will. Would you like to now discuss valid concerns with the raid rather than trying to throw shade at others?
    Marquele likes this.
  2. Axxius Augur

Huh? I only pointed out something that somebody chose not to mention, but it was relevant to this thread.

My turn to say, 'Congratulations on your hilariously bad attempt to try and write off any counter-points to your guildmate's arguments'.

Sure, let me know when you are done editing, re-editing and re-re-editing your post. Then again, all concerns about this raid have already been discussed in this thread, and there is nothing to add. Just read it.
    enclee likes this.
  3. Triconix Augur

What you were *trying* to do was throw shade and claim someone's tune would change depending on circumstance. Clearly that did not happen, not matter how much you wished it did.

What exactly am I writing off?

I have. I stand by my belief that the raid is fine as is.

People complain about sliding on ice? It's ice, that's what happens. Learn to run on ice, it's not hard at all.

People complaining about RNG? Well, if you play well as a raid force the event isn't difficult to win even after the enrage.
    Marquele likes this.
  4. Dewey Augur

You mean like the guild that did this 40 minutes after the enrage timer? I don't think there's any shame in that.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Being able to win isn't the problem, depending on RNG so you can beat it before enrage is.
    Yinla and enclee like this.
  6. Axxius Augur

You really didn't bother reading everything, did you? Not to mention that your next TOFS raid is still a couple of days away.

The simple fact that the last 2 specters didn't spawn until close to the enrage time. Playing better would not help you spawn them any faster. Maybe you wouldn't have wiped if you played better on that run, but then you would end up in the same boat as most other posters here: winning close to the enrage or after the enrage.

Oh, so now winning after the enrage is fine? IF you play well.

No tunes have changed over the course of this thread. None at all. :D
    enclee likes this.
  7. Lisard Silly

havent been following along at all but let me wrap what ever it is up

Tofs1 @ release = murderfest could be done in about 12-17 minutes

Tofs1 @ Rejected patch = solid 40-60 minutes of mass death+90% rezzes

Tofs1 post hotfix = 17-25 minutes depending on how many Non-restless you killed or how many full non restless waves spawned inplace of restless (this happens, has happened and can happen more then once in a single event). This is calculated, Artificial Time sink to add difficulty. think their intention was for it to be an up and down rollercoaster, but they weighed way to heavy on the RNG factor of the spawn rate of the mobs that control the event with zero regard to the Enrage timer or the way the Actual mechanic aka restless chill Increases/decreases and how painful that punishment becomes 10 minutes into the event let alone 20+ minutes

yes its not an easy raid, yes you cant control it 100%, yes the RNG can hurt / help you.

again my advice is adapt, its not even that bad. Just get your guild on the same page of controlling the restless chill and resist the impulse / urge to parse pad on non-restless.

also a win is always a win. why are we mad people are winning? also is 1 event that requires a brain with a little bit of RNG so bad? you can literally Go to sleep or make a sandwhich during all 8 other events. 1 event you gotta sustain for isnt the end of the world, and if your "skipping it" your only shooting yourselves in the foot because you want to be salty.

also.....in the EQshow 9....SINCE when was there dinosaurs in tempest temple?! nobody can answer me.
    Duder and Maedhros like this.
  8. enclee Augur

It’s because the event doesn’t provide the proper reward/punishment for the raid’s performance. You can kill non-restless and win quicker than another attempt that’s flawless. It’s not a good feedback mechanism, because players like to feel they’re controlling their outcomes.
  9. Szilent Augur

That's a clip from the TDS promotional video, they're posing with someone's Petamorph Ankylosaurus in front of them
    Lisard likes this.
  10. Lisard Silly

is that what was happening, those sneaky geniuses
  11. Whulfgar Augur

So yall mad yall can not beat the event prior to enrage and claim that is 100% all dependent upon RNG.. ?

I say its not 100% RNG. Ive ran threw the event now multiple times since this started happening.. and id say a % can be attributed to RNG sure.. but absolutely not 100% RNG fault..

More likely its yall raid forces messing up and killing the wrong mobs and healing the heart..

Thus forcing yall to have to lill more mobs then at first engagement of the event...
  12. svann Augur

Arent you the same guy that said the changes were no big deal, then were shown to not even have done the event post-changes?
    Yes, you are that guy.
    Maybe you should just stop for a while.
    Raccoo, Scornfire, Duder and 2 others like this.
  13. Brats New Member

You sir fail at reading comprehension. Try again.

Let me help you
  14. Funnonry Lorekeeper

lol you guys still need gear to beat this game?
  15. Whulfgar Augur

And ? You cant attack the logic .. so lets attack the poster ..

Good tactic .. but I'm not going anywhere. And as for all yall who crying because you cant beat it or cant beat it in under enrage timer .. just recruit more / better players.
  16. Brats New Member

No one's attacking you. We are just trying to help you with your disability. It's obvious that reading isn't your strong point.

Recruiting better players doesn't fix the event.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. svann Augur

You havent presented any logic, only your opinion based on your proven lack of event knowledge.
  18. Triconix Augur

What does future TOFS raids have to do with this? And yes, I clearly read what you typed and I disagree with it completely.

Killing faster = more mobs. More mobs = more chances to overcome RNG. Get it? In order to get more mobs, we first should've played better.

Never once said that. I did say it wasn't difficult and not a big deal. Also, aren't there past achievements for winning after enrage timers? I don't remember complaints about those.

I know, because Maed stayed by stance, regardless of your assumption that he would.
    Celephane and Duder like this.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

And Sv has (edited because I had "not" in there when we have) 100% beaten that even multiple times since..

Which validates my very personal opinion in the here an now.. No matter what your opinion on (my opinion) is ..

And ?
  20. svann Augur

How could anyone take you seriously when you dont even know the difference between opinion and logic? This is basic stuff.

You certainly have the right to your opinion. To claim that beating the event validates your opinion is a logical error. Lots of guilds have beaten it, and lots of guilds have differing opinions.
    Zunnoab likes this.