2 box vs 3 box limit.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by modsiw, May 1, 2020.

1. modsiw Augur

With the two box limit, there are a few pairs of classes that really stand out. There's going to be a lot of enc/clr, sk/shm, mnk/shm combos running around.

Upping the limit to three boxes could introduce considerable diversity.
  2. Zansobar Augur

Reducing the limit to only one character played at a time would be fantastic.
  3. Zinth Augur

upping the limit would help for doing LDON (which noone wanna do 670x for the aug) and so on for other stuff that requires 3 ppl to request, but other then that I don't care much, 2 or 3, same same to me
  4. Bullsnooze Augur

Very true, but you have to keep in mind that Aradune is a social server. By upping the limit to 3, you're now reducing the social aspect they're trying to maintain.
  5. Zinth Augur

all the other TLP's were very social, doubt Aradune will be any more/less social, those that want to mingle, will mingle, those that doesn't, will keep to themselves.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  6. modsiw Augur

Seems to me 1 or 3 would be better than 2.
  7. Numzan Augur

It would be like many of us played in 99, but we also had some that played 2 toons then too. Enc, Wiz by vellious. So its not a new concept.
  8. Beep Elder

I like how truebox is now default 2 instead of 1.
  9. Zinth Augur

uhm it isn't?

True-box (just means 1 char per physical PC)
    2 (just means max 2 chars total, still following the above rule)

it does NOT mean you can have 2 on the same pc.
  10. code-zero Augur

I'm sure Aradune will have full complements of giant groups with almost every character being run by low paid sweatshop employee.
  11. Pikallo Augur

I'd actually play on Aradune if it was 3 instead of 2! I like to respect the rules, so while I could probably discreetly get away with boxing 3, I don't plan on doing it. And no, Rizlona doesn't interest me.
    Zinth likes this.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Might as well join, worst case level 2 then start 1 later and PL him up.
    The rule is silly truebox is meant to stop mass boxing not the folks that want to box 6 and below.

Which is doesn't hence the last TLPs all full of 12 to 60 boxers. Enforcement :rolleyes:
  13. Tucoh Augur

DBG's ability to enforce the two-boxes per person rule is pretty critical here. If the answer is yes, a one-box-person and three-boxes per person server becomes pretty interesting.
    enclee likes this.
  14. enclee Augur

I really don’t see how they’re going to do it without IP restrictions.
  15. Gemstoner Elder

Yeah I'd prefer a 3 box limit instead of 2, but I'll still be on Aradune instead of Rizlona.
  16. Mrjon3s Augur

Just make some friends and cover each others weakness.
    Barlin and WaitingforMoreEQ like this.
  17. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    Herf and Barlin like this.
  18. Timgrok New Member

Yeah up the limit so we could see
    Enc/clr/mage, sk/sham/mage, monk/shm/mage, mage/mage/mage.

I’d really like to see some more diversity too.
  19. Karanthal Augur

When I first read the rule I assumed main plus 2 boxes, but I suppose it does just mean 2 chars. I'm not planning on starting again this time around anyway.

I think warriors are going to be pretty rare, as a trio warriors are viable, but in a duo it's really got a be SK + priest, SHM being the best option. There will be entire guilds full of SKs with shaman boxes.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

They're only going to have gms for 2 expansions so far, and I promise you a clr and enc can do just about anything you want for this entire period.