ToxicQuest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dexxeaa00, Apr 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yes, there are 2 methods.

1. Remove https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ from your bookmarks & block it using your antivrus or firewall software, you may need to refer to the online user guide for your specific program.

2. Left click on the name of the forum-user you wish to ignore & you will be presented with their profile page on this forum on the far right of the page at the same height as their name you will see the ignore & follow buttons (they look like the image below), click ignore & you will no longer see their posts.

Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  2. Maedhros High King

There is also ignore in game, and if you had used it we could have avoided this whole thread.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

I thought about it, but this thread has the makings of real entertainment. Pass the popcorn please.
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  4. Wyndar Journeyman

I don't know what to tell you dude. Toxicity sucks but.. I think most people know you are setting yourself up for disaster when you talk in general channels about your family/work problems in a video game.
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  5. Dexxeaa00 Elder

Came to the conclusion that I'm not going to get much intellectual conversation or sympathy from most people on the internet.

Great comment : )

Putting myself into a vulnerable situation knowing that people are going to attack isn't weak or soft. Most people avoid it because they don't want the backlash. I don't avoid talking because of toxic behavior. This situation was the worst toxic player i've ever seen. I may feel some type of way at these people because I know their not thinking with any sort of logic.

Also i feel like the person that said all the things to me was suffering from something people call cognitive dissonance. I challenged his view on life and he attacked me rather then using logic. Because the people and me that were conversating ( in the part of the convo that i didn't post )about alternative lifestyles and how money isn't going to necessarily make you happy.

I could be wrong but I feel like there were more people that with more respect on this game when it first released.
    enclee likes this.
  6. Maedhros High King

You're getting plenty of intelligent responses, you are just choosing to not take their advice.
    You challenged a guy on the internet and you're surprised it didn't go well? Are you new to the internet?
    Finally, yes you are wrong. When EQ came out, the average age of the players was late teens early twenties and people were rude as hell. That you don't remember it that way is basically the entire concept of nostalgia.
    Celephane and Skuz like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This nails it succinctly.

It really wasn't that great in the early days, but it had plenty of great moments that stuck in your mind & a lot of annoying moments that faded away.
    Celephane likes this.
  8. dreamweaver Community Manager

This thread isn't going anywhere. It's now locked.
    Maedhros, Elyssanda, Genoane and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.