How stable is the Rizlona server going to be?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Smallhands, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Spayce Augur

I'll spoil the mystery for you: They won't.

This is just another attempt at a cash grab by DPG telling folks what they want to hear in order to get a few months out of you. They have already walked back this GM enforcement idea to "a temporary experiment" before it has even gone live.

If folks haven't learned by now, they never will.
  2. Gemstoner Elder

Still, it is an interesting experiment. Maybe the next go around will be another split server experiment with lessons learned, ie one of the servers will get the intensive GM treatment through say PoP with a surcharge subscription ... I'd pay it if its even mildly effective on Aradune.

I also think that's why they floated the 6 month timeline at the same time they withdrew the PoP lock. Its not really a service that would be cost effective past the core TLP player era of classic-PoP (not to mention the usual TLP cycle .. which I don't have a problem with since I like the fresh start experiment).

I guess I'm a bit more hopeful in general, but I agree we will see how it goes.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Pure pessimism or prescience?

Enquiring mind wishes to know.
  4. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

6 months basically says they know when most of the toxicity and RMT happens.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Overcast451 Augur

I would think that'll be the case. Either way, Mangler will get a lot more stable I suspect. I think I might just hang around on Mangler this time. Perhaps wait a TLP or two before doing it all over again.
  6. Fraggly Augur

It should just be an experiment. Can't even being to imagine all the grief reports that are going to come in out of greed or jealousy. It is going to be insane and how they are going to manage and sort through it is beyond me. There was already at least one person all keyed up just to spam report people he/she believes are offenders.

It will probably be fairly common to see people reported for SolB camping without any kind of real reason other than people want the camp that is being locked down, even if those locking it down are playing legit. Going to be wild out there.
  7. xmPradah Not a dude

It will be as stable as all the other servers :)
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

As far as I know they fixed the issue(s) that caused the multiple crashes the last couple weeks so things should be "normal" more or less.
  9. Zinth Augur

They had a minor crashing issue earlier today, locked all servers but it should have been handled now and hopefully it wasn't something too serious
  10. Hdizzle Augur

Riz will be the place to be once all the pack animals are tired of bumping into each other on Aradune. It will be the most ideal server to start late. It will be the more stable server since the initial surge will occur on Aradune.

Picture Phinny without all the lame truebox penalties... or even better Ragefire with accessible raid content :).

I have not been this pleased with a TLP server since Fippy. Truly truly stoked.
    Gremin and Foaming like this.